Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

The Wrap-Up, and Photopass Pics

This was an incredible trip for a lot of reasons. It was a trip of "firsts":

*DJ's first visit to Disney World, so everything was a "first" for him -- but there were a lot of "firsts" for me, too!

*Our first food & wine festival

*Our first MNSSHP

*Our first time renting DVC points

*Our first time using Magical Express

*Our first time eating at Jiko, California Grill, Boma, Les Chefs de france, Rainforest Cafe (for breakfast)

*Our first split-stay

*Our first use of Photopass

I have to say, all of these "firsts" were great experiences (with the exception of Les Chefs -- just not a good meal).

Some observations:

I'm not sure we'd pay for DxDDP again. The only benefit is more flexibility when it comes to going to Signature restaurants (I can't imagine eating 3 table service meals in one day). The regular DDP is really more than enough. I didn't feel tied to our reservations, and ended up cancelling a few because we ate so much at food & wine.

Renting points/moving from Jambo to Kidani was great - so smooth and easy. Hopefully we will be owners someday, but until then, renting is a good way to go!

Photopass -- LOVED IT. I don't really like asking people to take a picture of us, and you can't get good backgrounds when you do self-taken pics. We got so many great pics of us together thanks to Photopass. Totally worth it.

Magical Express -- fantastic. Couldn't have been easier to use, and since we never leave property, anyway, it makes sense for us.

I kept wondering if DJ would become a Disney freak like me. He had a great time, but I wasn't sure if the bug had bitten him... until a few days ago, when he asked me when we were going back

So, thank you all for reading along! And I hope you'll join me when I start my PTR - probably today! I will add a link as soon as I write the first entry.

Here are some my favorite Photopass pics from the trip. Thanks again for reading!

I was wishing we could sit in the carriage, but this was good enough

Our Christmas card this year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: