Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #151
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Wow what a Journey you took me on I really enjoyed myself I am looking forward to ur next trip report
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #152
iluvStitch29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Well, at the very least take some notes so you can always write it up later! I found it so much easier this time because I had actually spent 5 minutes every night writing notes while I downloaded the pictures off my camera.

I'm a scrapbooker, so I took notes on our Western Caribbean this past May, I just never got around to doing a TR.. Maybe since this will be the second go-around I can give it a try! I guess we'll see!!
POR - Thanksgiving '06 & May '11
DCL Magic - May '11
DCL Wonder - Feb. '12

iluvStitch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #153
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm so glad you went to DL...and it is swaying my wants again. i was thinking cruise (on any line this spring possibly) but not DL is looking fun again. I need to stop reading TR's till we decide on doing something..if anything.
I am hoping Skip will get excited about a trip in the next month.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #154
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Wow what a Journey you took me on I really enjoyed myself I am looking forward to ur next trip report
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm heading over to update my new PTR now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvStitch29 View Post

I'm a scrapbooker, so I took notes on our Western Caribbean this past May, I just never got around to doing a TR.. Maybe since this will be the second go-around I can give it a try! I guess we'll see!!
Even if you just post mostly pictures, there are so few cruise TR's people are always looking for a new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm so glad you went to DL...and it is swaying my wants again. i was thinking cruise (on any line this spring possibly) but not DL is looking fun again. I need to stop reading TR's till we decide on doing something..if anything.
I am hoping Skip will get excited about a trip in the next month.
I'm glad I went too. I do love Disneyland, but for some reason it's not the same as WDW for me. Besides the obvious size difference of course, but when I walk down Main Stree I just dont get the same feeling! I do really want to go back though in a couple years when all the construction is finished. I really miss living in California...
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #155
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I loved your trip report. I am heading on a Disney Cruise from LA in October and we have 1.5 days at Disneyland before hand. I am torn as to rather I want to try to hop or not. Looks like it can be done! Disney Cruises are GREAT! You really get what you pay for. Also don't worry with that $500 Cabana on Castaway Cay, you don't need it at all. Castaway Cay is my favorite place in the entire world!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #156
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I loved your trip report. I am heading on a Disney Cruise from LA in October and we have 1.5 days at Disneyland before hand. I am torn as to rather I want to try to hop or not. Looks like it can be done! Disney Cruises are GREAT! You really get what you pay for. Also don't worry with that $500 Cabana on Castaway Cay, you don't need it at all. Castaway Cay is my favorite place in the entire world!!
Thanks!!!! Good to know about CC, I am really looking forward to spending some time there!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #157
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

I have spent the last hour while my twins watch Despicable Me reading your report, thank you for taking the time to write it! I felt as if I was there along with you...

My only question would be....the resort in Puerto Vallarta with the slides, how was the water? I have one polar bear that will swim even in ice water, and one skinny minny who absolutely will not. Was it heated at all?

Thank you again!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #158
iluvStitch29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Even if you just post mostly pictures, there are so few cruise TR's people are always looking for a new one!

Yeah, that's true!
POR - Thanksgiving '06 & May '11
DCL Magic - May '11
DCL Wonder - Feb. '12

iluvStitch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #159
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Loved your trip report!

I've stayed up much too late reading it. It's almost 1 am.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #160
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
I have spent the last hour while my twins watch Despicable Me reading your report, thank you for taking the time to write it! I felt as if I was there along with you...

My only question would be....the resort in Puerto Vallarta with the slides, how was the water? I have one polar bear that will swim even in ice water, and one skinny minny who absolutely will not. Was it heated at all?

Thank you again!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! The ocean was a bit chilly at first, but really the air was warm and the water was nowhere near cold. The pools were very comfortable. I don't know if they were heated but I never felt that shock that you get from cold water, and I am one who does NOT enjoy being cold in the water. In the pool, there is a shallower kid area so you could work your way up to the deeper area if warmth was a factor, but I would imagine it will always be plenty warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Loved your trip report!

I've stayed up much too late reading it. It's almost 1 am.
Thanks! I'm glad it was entertaining!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #161
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! The ocean was a bit chilly at first, but really the air was warm and the water was nowhere near cold. The pools were very comfortable. I don't know if they were heated but I never felt that shock that you get from cold water, and I am one who does NOT enjoy being cold in the water. In the pool, there is a shallower kid area so you could work your way up to the deeper area if warmth was a factor, but I would imagine it will always be plenty warm.

Thanks! I'm glad it was entertaining!!!
Great, thanks!

Of course I thought of one more question. I assume you did not have to carry the souvenir glass around with you all day, they could just tell by swiping your KTTW card that you had bought one before, right?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #162
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Great, thanks!

Of course I thought of one more question. I assume you did not have to carry the souvenir glass around with you all day, they could just tell by swiping your KTTW card that you had bought one before, right?
I actually did have the cup on me every time I ordered a drink. I just knew when I was going to have one and we would swing by and pick it up from the room. The ship was super easy to navigate and nothing seemed far away so it didn't really seem like a hassle.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #163
Parteeof5
Earning My Ears

This is my 1st attempt at a post so i hope I'm doing it right. Thank you so much for your trip report! I love reading it and I've shown some of the pictures of your Jack to my little guy and he loved them! I also loved Jack's pirate pajama's! Can I ask where you got them?
Parteeof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #164
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parteeof5 View Post
This is my 1st attempt at a post so i hope I'm doing it right. Thank you so much for your trip report! I love reading it and I've shown some of the pictures of your Jack to my little guy and he loved them! I also loved Jack's pirate pajama's! Can I ask where you got them?
Yep, you did it right! I'm glad you enoyed my TR! I got the pirate pj's at Gymboree. I had to get a size 5 or 6 because they run really small!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #165
Parteeof5
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply and info!
Super cute!
Parteeof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: