Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
JACH1976
Mouseketeer

to all, and hoping for good news for Mookie and dopeygirl76 and everyone else who is waiting for results. And thank you *so much* to everyone who has shared their stories and experiences. It helps to know that others understand, and to have someone to share my fears with. Intellectually I know that the odds are on my side, but waiting for the results is still hard. Still waiting for news, hoping to hear something before the weekend.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
GoofyGolferGirl2
Earning My Ears

I think the kind of Breast Center that Cinderellamom123 was talking about is where they do EVERYTHING the same day. You have a mammogram and ultrasound and they read them before you leave if they see something they don't like they will do a biospy right then, you have to wait until the next day for results. That is only one day of stressing out versuses weeks! I am a survivor and I was diagnoised and had my surgery within 10 days! I think that the waiting is the hardest part, the stress of not knowing my future far outweighed the surgery. I had surgery on Friday came home on Sunday morning and was off pain pills on Tuesday. The chances are greater that it is benign than malignant, just keep that in mind! Good luck to all those facing this terrible disease! My prayers are with you!
GoofyGolferGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

I too am a survivor of 7 and a half years. The stats are that about 80% of the biopsies return benign results.

This disease can be sneaky about hiding. You need to be proactive about doing the diagnostic testing. It is better to err on the side of caution.

Hope everyone gets good results, and do not have to play the waiting game much longer.

I will say that after I knew what I was facing after the breast surgeon called me with the results, I actually felt relieved. It is the uncertainty that can make you unable to function.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGolferGirl2 View Post
I think the kind of Breast Center that Cinderellamom123 was talking about is where they do EVERYTHING the same day. You have a mammogram and ultrasound and they read them before you leave if they see something they don't like they will do a biospy right then, you have to wait until the next day for results!
Where I went I even got the biopsy results before I left that day. It was hard enough just being there for a couple of hours.

My mother died from breast cancer that had spread to her lungs. Her suffering was awful at the end. When I had my "bad" mammo I had a case of walking pneumonia - I had the same symtoms my mother had when her breast cancer moved to the lungs. I sat there being prepped for the biopsy thinking - "oh I don't just have breast cancer it has already spread to my lungs and bones." Fortunately all was okay.

The first time my mammogram was read while I was there I was really shaken up when the doctor called me back to see the results. I thought it was because something was wrong. No that was just standard procedure there - you got the results before you left.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
JACH1976
Mouseketeer

Results were clear!

So relieved to report that my mammogram and ultrasound came back with no signs of cancer. Seems like the lump is benign. Thank you all for your support and for listening. Best wishes to everyone still waiting for news.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #21
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACH1976 View Post
So relieved to report that my mammogram and ultrasound came back with no signs of cancer. Seems like the lump is benign. Thank you all for your support and for listening. Best wishes to everyone still waiting for news.
Excellent news!!!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
That is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for letting us know.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #23
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What wonderful news, so pleased for you that everything turned out OK.

Quasar
Old 01-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

I know that this is an older thread, but I stumbled on it today. Everyone seems really nice here and well.... I went for my first mammogram last week. My doctor's office called me back to tell me that everything was fine. So, I'm thinking great.

Wrong. The radiologists office said that they need me to come back in for more images and possibly an ultrasound. I was livid with my doctor's office. Why would they call me and tell me that everything is fine when it wasn't. Well, apparently the girl didn't know how to read the report or something.

Talked with the head nurse and she said that this is quite normal with a first mammogram. Of course, I'm freaking out. Can't eat. And I barely slept last night. From what I'm reading here this appears to be normal, but just wanted to ask if you could possibly keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would be much appreciated.

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I know that this is an older thread, but I stumbled on it today. Everyone seems really nice here and well.... I went for my first mammogram last week. My doctor's office called me back to tell me that everything was fine. So, I'm thinking great.

Wrong. The radiologists office said that they need me to come back in for more images and possibly an ultrasound. I was livid with my doctor's office. Why would they call me and tell me that everything is fine when it wasn't. Well, apparently the girl didn't know how to read the report or something.

Talked with the head nurse and she said that this is quite normal with a first mammogram. Of course, I'm freaking out. Can't eat. And I barely slept last night. From what I'm reading here this appears to be normal, but just wanted to ask if you could possibly keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would be much appreciated.
Sorry about the second call and unfortunate that the first call was an error too. (not sure if that sounds right but you know what I mean). Wish you had just gotten the good to go letter/call and be done with it. It is hard not to panic - we all do it. Hang in there - it happens a lot and not just the first time. Keep us posted. Keeping you in my prayers.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #26
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I will most certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult it is, and the waiting (for me) is the worst part. Do you have an upcoming appointment? I might have missed that.

THoughts and prayers.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Well, I went for my second mammogram today. I was a nervous wreck. Well, they took some additional images and then had me wait back in the room where everyone was waiting.

Well, after about 10 minutes, the girl came and got me. Then, she told me to get dressed and then told me to go wait in the room at the end of the hall.

About two or three minutes later, the radiologist game to talk to me. She asked me how I was doing and I told her that I had been better. She smiled and told me that she had good news for me. Apparently what they had seen was simply a skin mole that they hadn't tagged before. And the lumps and bumps were simply my skin folding over itself. Strange.

Then she told me that everything was fine and I was good to go. I was so relieved that I started crying. I felt foolish afterwards, but I'd been holding it in all week and it just came out. All at once.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I had good news to report.

Thanks for being so understanding and nice.

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Well, I went for my second mammogram today. I was a nervous wreck. Well, they took some additional images and then had me wait back in the room where everyone was waiting.

Well, after about 10 minutes, the girl came and got me. Then, she told me to get dressed and then told me to go wait in the room at the end of the hall.

About two or three minutes later, the radiologist game to talk to me. She asked me how I was doing and I told her that I had been better. She smiled and told me that she had good news for me. Apparently what they had seen was simply a skin mole that they hadn't tagged before. And the lumps and bumps were simply my skin folding over itself. Strange.

Then she told me that everything was fine and I was good to go. I was so relieved that I started crying. I felt foolish afterwards, but I'd been holding it in all week and it just came out. All at once.

I am so happy you received great news! What a relief!!!!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #29
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Oh that's FANTASTIC... I understand the crying part totally. It is a huge release to let it all out. No need to feel foolish..

Thank you for the great update. It thrills me to hear such news.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #30
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So pleased that everything worked out fine, it is so stressful waiting for medical tests.

Now go and put your feet up and relax

Quasar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: