Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #61
HappyHappy

Mouseketeer

Thank you SHEISGOINGTODISNEY
HappyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #62
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Definitely call Chase. Last time I applied and I didn't get the instant approval. I do have 2 Disney Visas (1 we were using as our regular card, and 1 just for gas purchases and another Chase card we hadn't used in years). I also bought a car in January and my financing is through Chase Auto. Anyway, I had too much "available credit" with Chase so they ended up closing my card we never used and then I was approved for the Southwest card. It was very easy and definitely worth the call to Chase to get an answer.

My DH, who does not have any accounts with Chase, was approved instantly.

puffkin is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #63
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
do i have to wait until my first bill statement for the points to hit my account?
Yes. It's just like the other Chase rewards cards. They award your points when your first statement is generated. That's usually 3-5 days after your closing date.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #64
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Definitely call Chase. Last time I applied and I didn't get the instant approval. I do have 2 Disney Visas (1 we were using as our regular card, and 1 just for gas purchases and another Chase card we hadn't used in years). I also bought a car in January and my financing is through Chase Auto. Anyway, I had too much "available credit" with Chase so they ended up closing my card we never used and then I was approved for the Southwest card. It was very easy and definitely worth the call to Chase to get an answer.

My DH & I have 6 Chase credit cards between us, and I got instant approval so I'm not sure it has anything to do with too much available credit with Chase. (We do pay our CC's in full every month.)

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #65
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
My DH & I have 6 Chase credit cards between us, and I got instant approval so I'm not sure it has anything to do with too much available credit with Chase. (We do pay our CC's in full every month.)
My cards all had really, really high "available" credit balances. I don't carry balances either except on the car loan obviously. But between the 4 things my available credit through them was significantly more than my annual salary. I figured that was the issue and I was right. Honestly I still think that it is crazy that my available credit through them is more than my annual salary.....and I have a pretty good job.

puffkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #66
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
My cards all had really, really high "available" credit balances. I don't carry balances either except on the car loan obviously. But between the 4 things my available credit through them was significantly more than my annual salary. I figured that was the issue and I was right. Honestly I still think that it is crazy that my available credit through them is more than my annual salary.....and I have a pretty good job.
I believe you, but our credit limits are ridiculously high too - and yes, way more than our salaries. We do have a long (20+ yrs) history with Chase though. Possibly that was a factor?

I guess I'm not going to worry about figuring it out! They're sending me the credit card and that's really all that matters to me!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #67
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

I called Chase, and was told I was approved. Not sure why I didn't get the instant approval message online, but I'm super excited about saving some money on airfare now!!

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #68
Soupermom
DIS Veteran

Signature Visa?

DH and I both applied and were approved within seconds, we have been CHASE customers, always paying our balances in full every month, for years. How do I know if I get the "signature" version? Does this cost more? Sounds like it has great perks!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #69
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pixie* View Post
I called Chase, and was told I was approved. Not sure why I didn't get the instant approval message online, but I'm super excited about saving some money on airfare now!!
Interesting...Maybe it had to go through some underwriting process or something??? Congrats!
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #70
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:

Credit card companies will do this if there's 0 activity on cc's with high available balances. And it can have absolutely 0 to do with your credit score.

We had a cc given to us automatically by our bank upon purchasing a 2nd home. It had a sky-high available credit, but we never touched the thing ...not sure if we even activated the cards. Anyways, they eventually closed it after a few years with the reason being; non-activity.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #71
kathy87
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there is a minimum for your first purchase?
kathy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #72
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy87 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a minimum for your first purchase?
I was told it was any purchase.

I applied in the airport instead of online....no particular reason except I was afraid I'd forget to go online when I got home!

I applied 10-31 and called yesterday. I was approved, and it's being sent to me.

Interesting though.....my other two chase cards (Marriott and Disney) both have 25K lines. I had a Starbucks VISA until Starbucks stopped it and my limit was about 6K. This card was made with a 10K limit. I have no idea how they decide these things!

Julia
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #73
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I applied on Thursday for this credit card, and I got the "we'll let you know in 10 days" message too. Maybe I'll call and ask if I got approved, I don't see why I wouldn't, I have a Chase Disney card, I have good credit...does anyone know what number to call? Should I wait til Monday, or do you think I'll be able to talk to someone on a Saturday?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #74
budafam
DIS Veteran

Is there a time frame in which you have to use the 50,000 points? Like within a year of getting them or anything like that? I'm getting a card but DH refuses to let me go back to Disney again within the next year (at least on a plane)... ugh!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #75
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pixie* View Post
I can't find the number for Chase on Southwest.com - is it somewhere else? My husband got approved, but I didn't get the instant approval message.

Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: