Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #136
huskies90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF View Post
Why would you want to do that?

You're paying a $69 annual fee for the card, you might as well keep it for the year and earn as many additional pts as possible on it during that time and then cancel before they charge you the 2nd year annual fee.
Because I have other rewards cards, but yes, I would cancel just prior to having to pay the next annual fee. Which leads me to another question, is it $69 or $99 for the annual fee? The link for the 50,000 points said $99.
Dec 1977 Offsite - Jan 1990 Offsite - Jan 1991 Offsite - Nov 2004 All Star Movies- Nov 2005 Port Orleans Riverside - Dec 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - Aug 2007 Coronado Springs/Royal Pacific - June 2008 Yacht Club - Feb 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - Nov 2009 Disneyland Hotel - Aug 2010 Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel - Nov 2010 Swan - Dec 2010 All Star Music - Dec 2010 Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village - March 2011 Saratoga Springs - Aug 2011 All Star Sports - Aug 2011 Boardwalk Villas - Nov 2011 Saratoga Springs - Jan 2012 Bay Lake Tower - July 2012 Grand Californian - Aug 2012 Beach Club Villas - Nov 2012 Old Key West - Aug 2013 Old Key West - Sept 2013 Contemporary - March 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House - July 2014 Boardwalk Villas - July 2014 Bay Lake Tower
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #137
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
Because I have other rewards cards, but yes, I would cancel just prior to having to pay the next annual fee. Which leads me to another question, is it $69 or $99 for the annual fee? The link for the 50,000 points said $99.
It varies. Mine is $69, others have a $99 fee.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #138
Call me Flower
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if this deal is the same one they are offering during a flight?

April 2013 BLT * March 2012 BWI CL * July 2011 BLT * Oct 2010 FQ with deluxe dining * Jan 2010 AK & BLT & First cruise on Wonder * Aug 2009 1st trip DLH * Oct 2008 BCV & VWL * Dec 2007 POR & VWL * March 2007 Pop Century * September 2006 Poly * January 2006 CSR/YC * May 2005 WL * Sept 1998 CBR *Jan 1979 offsite * April 1978 offsite
Call me Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #139
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Can someone help me with a few questions? I'm thinking of signing up for the promotion, but am not sure how it will work to redeem the points.

We are going to Florida this summer, and there are 6 people in my family.

I looked up the points values on SW and 50,000 points would cover 3 RT tickets for our flights.

If I sign up for a card, and my husband signs up for a card. Will we both be able to book 3 RT tickets on the same flights? Is ther a limit to how many you can redeem o na flight? Are there only a certain number of seat per flight that can use points to book? To ensure we are on the same flight, would it be better if I booked 6 oneway tickets to Florida, and he booked 6 on the return flight. Will this work?

TIA for any help.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #140
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

I have checked around and I don't think it's for the same time!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #141
psupple
WDW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
Can someone help me with a few questions? I'm thinking of signing up for the promotion, but am not sure how it will work to redeem the points.

We are going to Florida this summer, and there are 6 people in my family.

I looked up the points values on SW and 50,000 points would cover 3 RT tickets for our flights.

If I sign up for a card, and my husband signs up for a card. Will we both be able to book 3 RT tickets on the same flights? Is ther a limit to how many you can redeem o na flight? Are there only a certain number of seat per flight that can use points to book? To ensure we are on the same flight, would it be better if I booked 6 oneway tickets to Florida, and he booked 6 on the return flight. Will this work?

TIA for any help.
I have the SW Visa and so does my husband. I haven't read this entire thread but there is one important piece of information I have not seen mentioned here - and that is REWARDS POINTS CAN ONLY BE USED FOR TRAVEL BY THE CARDHOLDER!! So, you can't book a trip for your kids or spouse with your rewards. It's still a great deal but you obviously can't get your kids a CC, so you would still have to pay OOP for them.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #142
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupple View Post
I have the SW Visa and so does my husband. I haven't read this entire thread but there is one important piece of information I have not seen mentioned here - and that is REWARDS POINTS CAN ONLY BE USED FOR TRAVEL BY THE CARDHOLDER!! So, you can't book a trip for your kids or spouse with your rewards. It's still a great deal but you obviously can't get your kids a CC, so you would still have to pay OOP for them.

Hope this helps!
That is not true, I booked flights for both of my kids with my rewards points.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #143
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope this helps!
oh boy, thanks , but now I am really confused. I just called southwest and asked the same questions and the agent I spoke with said that I could use RR points however I chose. I gave her all the scenarios, and asked can I purchase 6 one way tickets on my points for the trip down, and my husband purchase 6 for the trip home on his points and she said yes.

I know that I can only earn points for my travel and not my kids or husbands travel(they need their own RR #'s to earn points on their own accts.) but I was told once I have RR points on my acct. I can spend them for someone elses travel.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #144
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

My husband and I signed up for this promotion. We have purchased tickets for ourselves, and our daughter using our miles with no problem. We were charged $2.50 per one way ticket. We've purchase tickets for the three of us to fly to Colorado for summer vacation, and my daughter and I to travel to Orlando for Spring Break. All for free (minus the $2.50) using our miles.
Priorityonecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #145
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Copied directly from the FAQ on their website...

Can I book travel with points for other Passengers (not me)?
Yes. The Rapid Rewards Member who owns the account from which the points will be used will need to make the reservation for the person traveling. Simply get the destination, travel dates, and flight times from the person who will be using your points and log in to your account at southwest.com to book the reward travel. Reward travel is subject to the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per roundtrip, which must be paid with a credit card.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #146
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up I DID it ....

I've been going back & forth on this & finally decided to do it today! I was approved right away & I called my mom to do the same & approved also ... I work for an airline so we alway non-rev (space available) to our vacations. We have always had great luck until last year-we were stuck. So the 1st time in almost 17 years we had a buy 3 last minute one-way tickets on SunCountry. It was only $700, yes thats alot but most same day one-ways are double that.

It will be nice to use these for our August trip & not having to worry about getting stuck !!!

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #147
psupple
WDW Lover

Geez, that is great news and I apologize for all the confusion!! I could have sworn that when Southwest changed their Rapid Rewards program that they restricted the usage only to the person that earned the RR. That is one of the reasons I got my husband a card.

I'll have to inform my mother, as she is under the same impression.

Thanks again for the info!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #148
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:

Hope this helps!
This is not true.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #149
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved? My husband was approved right away, but I am worried about my application. I am a housewife and applied for one on my own....I have no salary - but did put the household income as well. I expected mine wouldn't be approved right away, but I have excellent credit. Does anyone know how long it will take? I am worried because I didn't receive any type of confirmation email that my application was received.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #150
eeyoreforever
DIS Veteran

Found my answer - sorry!

Last edited by eeyoreforever; 02-02-2012 at 09:53 PM.
eeyoreforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: