Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #31
HelenePA
I could use a cupcake now
I'm a tetris addict!
I have a secret obsession with turkeys
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
So the grad student who walked in on him raping a small child and then did nothing has no responsibility to report the crime?
the person I quoted said the people who didn't reported it holds ALL of the responsibility... sorry if Jerry didn't do it in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation..Jerry is more to blame than anyone else wouldn't you agree?

The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - 11
HelenePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #32
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

My problem is the answer Joe gave about the incident. He said he did not realize it was of "that" nature. Why why why would he not make the grad student explain every detail of what he saw! That's what bothers me, does he really think we believe he did not know the details? Of course he did.

This is just awful!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
sparklynails23
DIS Veteran

What did Joe Pa mean by this:

In a statement issued Sunday, Paterno called the charges shocking.

"The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling," he said. "If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers."

Did Sandusky undergo counselling? Was he instucted by his superiors to seek help or was help arranged for him instead of law enforcement being called in? How many professionals constitute "scores," and how would the school know what they thought unless the school was involved with arranging treatment? Why would they call in scores of professionals unless they thought Sandusky was a threat to children?
sparklynails23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenePA View Post
the person I quoted said the people who didn't reported it holds ALL of the responsibility... sorry if Jerry didn't do it in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation..Jerry is more to blame than anyone else wouldn't you agree?
Sure, the coach who did the actual act is the most to blame but everyone who either looked the other way or actively covered it up has to bear some responsibility and it should be criminal.

If it were a murder and they did what they did couldn't they all be charged as conspirators after the fact? I think the same should hold true in a case like this. I of course have no idea if that is the case legally but it sure as heck is morally.

This whole case reeks of a certain other scandal that I won't mention but I'm sure people could put together. Admittedly it is a much smaller scale but the lack of getting the proper authorities involved and dealing with what should be a police matter "in house" sure sounds familiar.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #35
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
My problem is the answer Joe gave about the incident. He said he did not realize it was of "that" nature. Why why why would he not make the grad student explain every detail of what he saw! That's what bothers me, does he really think we believe he did not know the details? Of course he did.

This is just awful!
Why did the grad go to JoPa instead of the police? I dont understand that... and now the hammer if falling on him... both of them were in the wrong for not going to the cops but seriously.. why didn't that grad go to the police the second he saw what was going on?

The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - 11
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Sure, the coach who did the actual act is the most to blame but everyone who either looked the other way or actively covered it up has to bear some responsibility and it should be criminal.

If it were a murder and they did what they did couldn't they all be charged as conspirators after the fact? I think the same should hold true in a case like this. I of course have no idea if that is the case legally but it sure as heck is morally.
but he didn't cover it up, JoPa... his bosses did. he told them and then what happened?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #37
sparklynails23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why did the grad go to JoPa instead of the police? I dont understand that... and now the hammer if falling on him... both of them were in the wrong for not going to the cops but seriously.. why didn't that grad go to the police the second he saw what was going on?
Look at Joe Pa's statement quoted above. He knew Sandusky was being treated for this by scores of professionals. He didn't just get a report and pass it on. That was yesterday's statement. Joe Pa's lying, today. He's done. He'll resign tomorrow.
sparklynails23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #38
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
I think the real question is why didn't he go into the shower and pull that animal off that poor child and then go to the police.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #39
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklynails23 View Post
He'll resign tomorrow.

I highly doubt that.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, ok. And yes he is more to blame.

What a sick situation all around. If I was the grad student I would have stopped him from raping the kid and called police on the spot.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #41
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
i read that to and about choked on my coffee. BTW I know he is a legend but anyone thinking JOPA did the right thing here is wrong, the man looked the other way while kids were being raped. He needed to call the police and kick the guys butt, that what a normal person would do
I loved JoPa and always have. He is a grumpy old man that reminds me of my late father (in a good way). But my dad would have kicked some serious *** if he had been given the information that Joe was given. There is no excuse for not reporting this. I'm disgusted with all the parties involved and wonder how Joe sleeps at night.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #42
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
but he didn't cover it up, JoPa... his bosses did. he told them and then what happened?
Everyone who knew and didn't call the police was involved in the cover up. When JoPa told his bosses and nothing was done it was up to him to take it upon himself to go to the police. The same goes for the grad student who told JoPa. You can't just pass it along and then if whomever you pass it along to does nothing wash your hands of this. As the public face of the program it is up to JoPa to hold himself up to a higher standard than everyone else involved which is why I think his reputation will be at least tarnished. I already think much much less of him.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #43
low-key
DIS Veteran

Quote:
true but one was about a tattoo and this one about raping at least one 10 year old kid. Legally JoPa is ok, but morally he is making me sick
Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #44
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Of course he covered it up. If someone told you they were an eye witness to the rape of a child and that person worked for you, wouldn't you be asking questions about when the trial was or when the police were coming to arrest them? You don't handle rape of children as an internal problem. It is repulsive, they are ALL repulsive.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #45
HelenePA
I'm a tetris addict!
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Of course he covered it up. If someone told you they were an eye witness to the rape of a child and that person worked for you, wouldn't you be asking questions about when the trial was or when the police were coming to arrest them? You don't handle rape of children as an internal problem. It is repulsive, they are ALL repulsive.
If I was JoPa i'd be asking the grad student why the hell he didn't kill Jerry instead of coming to me..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: