Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Disneymoon23
Mouseketeer

A little luck, lots of love, and plenty of magic...My Wedding and Disneymoon!NEW 3/15

Hello Everyone!

For those of you that read my PTR, I'm glad you're here! Sorry it took so long for me to get started on this thing. It's been a little bit crazy back in the real world. I'll update you on that shortly. For all of those that are just joining in,

Here we are

That's me, Christina, and my new husband, Matt.

We were married on September, 23 2011 at a place called the Hayloft in Pennsylvania. I'll let you know all about that, and of course, there are tons of pictures I can't wait to show you. Then I promise I'll get on to the disney stuff.

We spent 9 magical days at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. I thought that this was the perfect length of time. We got to enjoy each park several times, and we ate so much delicious food that I gained a couple of pounds despite walking about 10 miles a day After Disney we went over to Universal and stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort. We visited both of their theme parks as well as Sea World and Discovery Cove. I might add some of that to the end of this report, or if I'm up for it I might just have a second trip report down on the universal section of these message boards. I'll make sure to post a link if you'd like to check that out later.

Here's a little sneak peak of what's to come...

Our favorite park

Our favorite meal

Our favorite ride

Sorry, that's a secret for now. It might just surprise some of you who read the PTR.

Oh and there were a few Dismeets too!

I'm excited to tell you all about it, but first I want to give you a little life update. When we got back from the honeymoon, Matt returned to work and was surprised to learn that his boss just gave his two week's notice. So now, Matt has taken on most of his former boss's responsibilities and is basically taking over that position. No pay raise yet, but it should be coming in the near future. I'm so proud of him! We are also moving to a new apartment come December. It is a lot nicer than the place we have now, and it just feels homier. It is within walking distance of Matt's job which is exciting because we share a car.

Well that's about all the new excitement that's going on in our lives. Next up will be the story of our wedding day!

Last edited by Disneymoon23; 03-16-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay glad you started!! Congrats on the wedding once again and also on Matt's promotion - that's great news!

We also loved California Grill - it sure was a great meal.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I love reading about people's honeymoons in Disney World as that is where we had ours. You just can't beat it! Also, we got married 6 days before you did, but in 2010. September's a great time to get married.

Looking forward to your TR!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I am following along!
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I, too, love Disneymoon trip reports! And Coronado Springs and DHS.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Congratulations on your wedding and great disneymoon I am going back and reading some of your PTR since I just found your reports
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

Just noticed your TR link in your siggy. I'm here! :

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to read!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
Disneymoon23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay glad you started!! Congrats on the wedding once again and also on Matt's promotion - that's great news!

We also loved California Grill - it sure was a great meal.
Thank you! I'm so glad that we got to meet each other. I can't wait to go back to Disney World just to eat at California Grill again

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I'm in! I love reading about people's honeymoons in Disney World as that is where we had ours. You just can't beat it! Also, we got married 6 days before you did, but in 2010. September's a great time to get married.

Looking forward to your TR!
Hi danimaroo! Disney World sure is a great place to have your honeymoon. It was sooo wonderful! Congrats on your marriage. September really is a great time to get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am following along!
Welcom3 TinkerbellinNY6! Glad you are joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing! I, too, love Disneymoon trip reports! And Coronado Springs and DHS.
Yay! Coronado Springs was lovely. I was surprised that I loved DHS this time around. It used to be lower on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Hi there! Congratulations on your wedding and great disneymoon I am going back and reading some of your PTR since I just found your reports
Thank you! That's awesome that you are reading the PTR. Hopefully I can make this trip report more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Just noticed your TR link in your siggy. I'm here! :
Hi BerryysGirl! Glad you're here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read!
Welcome BridgetR3! Happy you are joining in!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

congratulations! Looking forward to reading all about it!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
Disneymoon23
Mouseketeer

The Big Day

Alright, sorry it's been awhile (I know I say that a lot) but now I'm ready to get to it. So first I'll start with our wedding because without that we wouldn't have the rest of the Disneymoon to report on

First of all, we got married in Pennsylvania at a place called the Hayloft which is an old barn converted into a wedding reception hall. We arrived in Pennsylvania the night before for the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was really nice. I enjoyed getting to spend a little extra time with relatives I don't see too often and with my new in-laws. I am fortunate because Matt's family is really great and have accepted me into their family with open arms.

Now on the day of the wedding, my girls and I along with my mom and Matt's mom went to the salon to get ready around 9am. The wedding wasn't until 5:30pm, but we wanted to have plenty of time to get gorgeous. Getting our hair and makeup done was fun but I was starting to get super bummed out though because it was rainy and gloomy all day and our wedding was supposed to be held outside

My girls and I arrived at the Hayloft around 3:30pm. It was still raining and the sky was covered in gray at this point. My wedding planner comes to see me and tell me that he has some stuff set up inside so that we can have the wedding there since the rain didn't seem like it was letting up. So I go inside to look and there are only like 30 chairs set out for my 75 guests and we can't even get married on the stage because there are no stairs leading up to it. So we would have to stand in front of the stage. This means all of the tables we were going to eat on would be the backdrop of our wedding photos At this point I was going to have a meltdown. I had been such and easy going bride, but at this moment I wanted to become a child and stomp my feet until I got to have my wedding outside where I wanted it to be.

Good thing I didn't do that though. I kept my cool. We decided to go get ready because the photographers had arrive. I will interrupt my disgruntled bride story to give you some getting ready photos. By the way, these photos were all taken by the amazing husband and wife team of Brooke Courtney Photography.

Here is my dress

Mom zipping up my dress

And my MOH putting on my necklace.

Now after we all got dressed we looked outside. And here is where we catch our first lucky break. It is 4:30 and I can see some blue sky on the horizon. By 5:00pm the whole sky had turned blue and the sun was shining bright! It looked as if it had never rained a drop! The wedding planner comes over as the girls and I are outside taking pictures and says we can still have the wedding outside. All he has to do is wipe down the chairs. At this point I start literally jumping up and down because I am ecstatic
So now I do get to have everything be the way I had envisioned it.

Here are some pictures of me with my girls outside after the sun came out.

That is my best friend in blue, then my sister beside her and Matt's sister on the end.

Here are the bouquets

Here are some of just me

And now I want to show you some of my handsome groom getting ready. He wasn't having as nearly as stressful of a day as me because he got to sleep in. Except his friends took him out for his bachelor party the night before because they live all over and weren't able to take him out any time beforehand. I heard all about his adventures later that day. Apparently he hadn't held his liquor too well that night, but he felt alright by the time the wedding started. I think him and his men managed to look pretty dashing despite that fact that some jackets were too big, some pants too short, and some groomsmen still hungover

This is the cabin where they got to get ready. So quaint!

Matt and his dad recreating a picture from his parents' wedding

Here is one of my dad and Matt's dad. My dad was apparently a pro at pinning boutonnieres.

And here are all of the men walking towards the ceremony location.

They look a little confused because they didn't know that wedding was still going to be outside until they got up there

Next post will have pictures of the ceremony and the reception. Stay tuned!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Your wedding pictures are beautiful, the location looks amazing and your dress is so pretty! Can't wait to read more!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Merida
DIS Veteran

What lovely pictures! I love your bouquets, orange roses are my favorite. What a great site to have a wedding at! I love your solo pictures with you and the lake (pond?). Just perfect

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: