Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
DisneyGeekJenn
Earning My Ears

Just booked...

We just booked our cruise on the Fantasy for June 8th. My parents are traveling as well and booked next door. My DH, DD (12), and I can't wait. This will be our second cruise. We were hooked after our first on the Dream last year. We had terrible weather in October, so never actually made it onto Castaway. I hope this time is better.

DisneyGeekJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #17
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

Hi everyone! I booked this cruise when we were on the Med cruise last July.

In our traveling Me (Shelly), DH (Lance) and DD (Kiley, 13 when we cruise). DSis (Hope), her DD (Makayla, 13 when we cruise), her DD (Michelle, an adult) and DBoyFriend (Justin, adult). DSis (Leesa), her DD (Rachel, 14 when we cruise). I am the only one on the boards.

I was on the MV of the Fantasy and LOVED the ship!! I am now a member of the Grand Slam Club (all 4 ships). I can't wait to sail on her again~

OP - would it be possible to start a Cruise Roster on the first post? It seems like we have alot of girls around the same age on this cruise. That should be fun!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
DisneyGeekJenn
Earning My Ears

Facebook???

Has anyone thought about doing a Facebook page for the cruise? I'm not sure who has access, but when we had one for our Dream cruise, it made chatting a lot easier.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGeekJenn View Post
Has anyone thought about doing a Facebook page for the cruise? I'm not sure who has access, but when we had one for our Dream cruise, it made chatting a lot easier.
We did this for the thread of the MV/Fantasy. It did make chatting easier and people seemed more active. I'm in if we decide to go that way~
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
mom2LLN
Mouseketeer

Just booked this cruise while on board the Fantasy....beautiful ship and counting down till we board again...377 days LOL

We are: me (Brandi), DH, DD 10, DD 8, and DS 6.

Would love to be a part of an FE group. My bunch looks forward to checking their "mailbox" several times a day!!!
mom2LLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I just booked this morning! I cancelled my June 4 night Dream cruise to try out the Fantasy for the first time. In the past, we've sailied on the cruise that took us to Castaway Cay twice, but as some of us know, they are not offering that option in summer 2013. What a bummer!

My DH and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on June 11, and DH will celebrate his birthday on June 9th. This will be our first 7 night cruise and we can't wait!

I'm looking forward to chatting with you during the next year. We are leaving next week for a short stay at WDW and then taking the 5 night Double Dip cruise on the Dream.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #22
brendat22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A Facebook page would be great! We had one for our last cruise too and it was a great way to get to know everyone.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
ssjones
Mouseketeer

We booked this cruise on the Dream this past May. We just got back from the 3-day Bahamas cruise. This cruise will be our first 7 day cruise. 3 days are just not enough. I have two DD that will be 10 and 8. I am game for a FB group as well. Guess I will keep checking back.

Also, as the trip gets closer, would love to hear some opinions of the multiple port adventures. Thanks

------------------------------------
Disney Dream May 2012 - Nassau
ssjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
pittcrew
Growing older but not up!!

Hello!

We will be celebrating our son's graduation on this cruise. We booked onboard in June 2011 when we were celebrating our daughter's graduation.

It will be myself, DH, DS (17) and DD (19). We cannot wait to cruise again. This will be our fifth Disney cruise.

Disney Cruises: Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 07/02, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 06/04, Disney Magic 7 Night Western 12/05, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 05/09, Disney Dream 5 Night Bahamas 06/11, Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western 06/13 , Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas 03/14
pittcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
scoob2011
Earning My Ears

Just got off the Fantasy today and am already looking forward to this cruise that we booked while on board.
scoob2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
bmahokie
Mouseketeer

We HOPE to be on this cruise as well. We just sailed on the Dream 6/15 (our second Dream cruise) and my wife repeatedly said "This is the best family vacation we've ever had." So even though we agreed not to sail again until 2014 I snuck down to the future cruises desk and booked this one. IF we can afford it we'll be on this one - otherwise we might need to "save up" for 2014.

We have myself, my lovely wife, and a DS who will be 14 next year and a DS who will be 9.

I wholeheartedly support the Facebook idea. We had it on both of my other cruises and it really worked well. Much easier to follow topic strings that way. I think the best way to set it up is for someone to create a private FB page. Then everyone who wants to be part of the group has to send that "administrator" a friend request on FB. The administrator accepts the request, then puts the requester in this private group.

Then again, I really don't know much about how Facebook works (I am way too old), so I may be all wet. But I think we want the group to be "private", and I think this is the way to accomplish it. Perhaps someone who knows a lot more about this than I do can get this going? We could then put a link on the Disboards referring fellow 6/8 cruisers on how to join the FB group.

I REALLY hope I get to meet all of you, i.e. I get to go on this cruise with you. It has been 6 days since we disembarked and I still think about the cruise pretty much every second of every day. I don't want to have to wait until 2014 to do it again!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #27
ssjones
Mouseketeer

FB page

I dont' mind starting a group on FB, but not sure how to share the link.

------------------------------------
Disney Dream May 2012 - Nassau
ssjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
DisneyGeekJenn
Earning My Ears

Facebook Group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/488469977834900/

Hopefully this works. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone before we go. I can't believe it less than 1 year to sail date now.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #29
DisneyGeekJenn
Earning My Ears

Forgot to mention, the group is a closed group, so you may need to add me as a friend first. Please look for Jennifer Nelis Townsend in Streamwood, IL and send me a facebook message.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #30
bmahokie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Forgot to mention, the group is a closed group, so you may need to add me as a friend first. Please look for Jennifer Nelis Townsend in Streamwood, IL and send me a facebook message.
Jennifer - just sent you a FB friend request. I sent you my info in a PM on the Disboards. I probably should have told you that BEFORE I sent the friend request!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: