Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #16
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

ProudMommy!

I am working slowly but surely on our daily plans, but think they may change so much when I actualy see the park hours, that I'm not in a rush to post anything for now. But this thread will be hoppin' in January!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 12-07-2011 at 05:22 PM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Waiting not-so-patiently here for the Disneyland park hours for my trip to appear on the website.

Meanwhile, we dragged out our 8yr old Maui and Oahu travel guide books to see what we might do there...
We are definately renting a car in Maui so we plan to go to Lahaina a few times to explore, shop, and eat. We also plan to spend one day exploring the natural wonders. I'll fill in the details soon.
We are leaning toward not renting a car in Oahu. If we do, we will go to the Dole Plantation and probably the flea market while we are there. We have to investigate the cost of a car rental and parking versus transportation to and from Aulani. We definately want to spend lots of time enjoying the resort. We contemplated going to the Polynesian Cultural Center but decided against it because it's on the other side of the island. We just don't want to spend that much time in the car for what we perceive it to be.

We did make reservations at some of the Aulani restaurants. Surprisingly it was difficult to get some of the times we were looking for. I wonder if they hold back some of the availibility. I'll fill in our reservations in our itinerary above.

Another miscellaneous thing we did in preparation for our trip was join the Landry's Select Club. Landry's owns restaurants like Bubba Gump's, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex, Claim Jumper's and more. It cost $25 to join, but you get $25 on your card right away as a "welcome gift." They also give you $25 on your birthday and mine is in January. We plan to go to Bubba Gump's in Lahaina so it will be worth it. We also bought a $50 gift certificate online that comes with a $10 bonus to be used by Feb 9th, 2012. Perfect timing for us! So for a $75 investment--we'll have $110 to use there. I don't think we'll use it all at once, but considering there are 6 of us and prices are high in Hawaii--maybe we will. I'm sure we will spend more than $75. We can always use the rest later in the year or splurge on a couple cocktails. We usually go to Bubba Gumps when we visit Universal in Orlando too. And we like Claim Jumper's semi-near our home.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
MotoWifey185
.:dirt bikes to doom buggies:.

I have been reading so many trip reports since I joined (probably an embarassing amount to people unlike us ) and this one will definitely be added to my list!! I look forward to it. Happy planning and hope you have an amazing time when the day finally comes!
MotoWifey185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWifey185 View Post
I have been reading so many trip reports since I joined (probably an embarassing amount to people unlike us ) and this one will definitely be added to my list!! I look forward to it. Happy planning and hope you have an amazing time when the day finally comes!
and thank you!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #20
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

We will be at DL Jan 25 - Feb 4 staying at the Dvc Villas! I can't wait. This will be my 4 year old son's second trip to Disneyland. We can't wait. I look forward to reading more.

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

The hours are starting to come up!!! We'll have a plan by week's end!! We added on 2 days so we'll be at PP-CL Jan 29-31, then moving to GCV Jan 31-Feb 4!

3 Dis members that week at GCV!!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #22
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
We will be at DL Jan 25 - Feb 4 staying at the Dvc Villas! I can't wait. This will be my 4 year old son's second trip to Disneyland. We can't wait. I look forward to reading more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
The hours are starting to come up!!! We'll have a plan by week's end!! We added on 2 days so we'll be at PP-CL Jan 29-31, then moving to GCV Jan 31-Feb 4!

3 Dis members that week at GCV!!
Yay for DVC members! Looks like we're in good company! You guys will have to jump in here on the planning!

The park hours are finally up through January 4th! I have been watching day by day. Last week I was guessing the park hours and show/parade times based on the previous weeks. I'm glad to see WOC is everyday. It looks like the week before it is not.

Now I just need some time on this holiday weekend to work on our plans! I'm nervous that we haven't made any dining reservations. I know it's not like WDW, but still. In fact I think it's funny that we have ADRs for our April WDW trip but not for 6 weeks from now at DL!

Merry Christmas everybody!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #23
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Today we are finally getting a chance to play with our toys! We bought the kids an XBOX 360 with Kinect...especailly because of the Disneyland Adventures game! It is awesome! We're still getting the hang of the system, but so far I'm impressed with the game and it is making me VERY excited for our upcoming trip!

My goal today is to finalize our dining plans and make some reservations! Let's see if I can pull myself away from the XBOX long enough!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #24
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Okay. I finally made dining reservations for DL! It is SO much easier than WDW! I made one call. The CM whipped right through my requests giving me the exact times I asked for or within 30 minutes of my request. No Confirmation numbers, just reserved under our name. Easy. I updated the itinerary post on page 1.

Now...just as I think I have a handle on things...is the extra magic hour just for DL or also for DCA? I got to wondering because I was wondering when the best night to see WOC will be. I want to grab a FP some morning. If DCA has an early hour too, that may be the best time. Right now my plan assumes we'll be hitting DL those mornings.

Oh, and I signed up for Ridemax today. I'm disappointed I couldn't start the ride plans for my exact days yet, but I kinda figured that would be the case since the hours just came out. I signed up for the 1 yr usage for Ridemax since we plan another trip in October 2012. I know we don't need Ridemax these times of the year, but I am an OCD planner. I don't want to lose my reputation!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #25
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Looks yummy! Nice to know you can get good ADRs so close to your trip at DL. That is a big difference from WDW!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #26
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Looks yummy! Nice to know you can get good ADRs so close to your trip at DL. That is a big difference from WDW!
I know, right? HUGE difference! To be able to get into Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Grotto, and Blue Bayou so easily is amazing--compared to WDW!!! Can you imagine finding any ADR for Chef Mickey's or Cinderella's Royal Table about 30 days out at WDW...let alone peak times?!

I'm getting sooo excited about this trip! We added the Anaheim and Hawaii weather to our kitchen weather station (Sony Dash.) The weather is in the 70's in Anaheim and of course a perfect 80 degrees in Hawaii--like always! Wishing for some of that 70 degree/no rain weather when we're in Anaheim!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #27
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, I got a new camera for the trip too!
We've both been hating our current camera. The funny thing is on Christmas eve, I tried out my sister's camera which is awesome! I decided then and there that we definately had to have a new camera for our trip! That night, I opened up DH's present to me and it was a new camera...a cool underwater one. It would be neat to take pictures at the beach and while snorkeling...but after reading the reviews I could tell it still wasn't going to make me happy for normal use. Luckily, DH had no problem telling me to exchange it for the one I really wanted. The one I wanted was cheaper anyway! Now we'll use our old camera to take to the beach and we have an underwater case we can use the old camera in to take underwater pictures. Yay! I'm excite to get the new camera...with 16x zoom and great speed and quality in a wide range of lighting...and get use to it before the trip! Afterall, I did promise LOTS of pictures, right?!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
I know, right? HUGE difference! To be able to get into Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Grotto, and Blue Bayou so easily is amazing--compared to WDW!!! Can you imagine finding any ADR for Chef Mickey's or Cinderella's Royal Table about 30 days out at WDW...let alone peak times?!

I'm getting sooo excited about this trip! We added the Anaheim and Hawaii weather to our kitchen weather station (Sony Dash.) The weather is in the 70's in Anaheim and of course a perfect 80 degrees in Hawaii--like always! Wishing for some of that 70 degree/no rain weather when we're in Anaheim!
I have family in Orange County and I remember going to Disneyland in January when I was 16 (a lot of years ago!). There is a great picture of my sister and I in spring jackets and all my cousins in heavy parkas with hats and gloves, LOL! I think it was about 50 degrees! I have also been in the summer. It always cools down at night, no matter the time of year, so dress in layers and you will be fine. I hope for 70s though!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #29
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Alright, we've finally got our car rentals for Maui and Oahu. I PLAN to make some headway on "finalizing" our itinerary today and hopefully using Ridemax to make some park plans.

The kids and even DH are begging me to make family t-shirts for Disneyland. I've gone all out with this for several trips we've made to Disney World (see my link to the WDW trip in my signature to see some of the shirts. You won't believe how well they turn out.)
IF I do it (and I don't know where I will find the time), I'll just do one shirt for each of us with a matching family design...instead of a personalized/matching shirt for each day of our trip. It's fun to wear them, but so much work and I just don't have time for it! It's nice yhat the kids want to do it though and I probably should take advantage of it while they are still willing! DH actually still wears one of the T-shirts I made him for a trip 3+ years ago, so at least they're not wasted.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #30
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

We have been going to Oahu --Waikiki for 23 of 25 years. ( I am on list for a kidney transplant should I get the call I probably could not get home fast enough--I have been waiting near 5 years for the gift of a kidney). We love Hawaii so much we bought a condo 12 years ago just 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach. The hotel rents it out for us when we are not there. . ( if you visit Waikiki beach area we own in the tallest building in beach area -- it has a blue A-line roof --can't miss it.) Well the real reason I am posting to your thread ********** YOU ARE GOING AT THE BEST TIME OF YEAR**********. When there we live on the south side of Island and Feb weather was "always" wonderful. Skip the 70 degree weather you should have 80's with a warm gentle breeze.
Should you plan a vist to the Arizona Memorial remember to bring a lei --it is custom to toss a lei over the water above the sunken Arizona. I will be following your trip report. With much ALOHA --have a wonderful trip.

Patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post

Last edited by Happy 2 B Me; 01-09-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: