Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

"A Squirrel Bit Me Mama!" October 2011 - Update 6-25

Well, I've been back for nearly two weeks, and I miss Disney World so badly! We had the most amazing trip ever and I can't wait to start planning our next. In this trip report, I'm really going to "show" you our trip because I have over 800 photos from the trip!! Don't worry I won't make you look at them all. This was a huge trip of firsts and I can't wait to tell you about it!

What's the title all about? Well you'll just have to wait and find that out later

Now let's get down to business, the who, what, when and where.

The Who?
My husband, Kevin.
In real life you would never know he was such a softy and sucker for all things Disney. When we get to Disney World, he turns into a kid himself and has the mindset that the kids will have nothing but good memories of our vacation. He goes out of his way to make sure they are having an amazing time. My favorite saying of his on this trip was "We can sleep when we're dead." I think Kevin is one of the reasons I love Disney so much!

My son, Isaac.
Isaac is an Indiana Jones loving 7 year old kid. He was most definitely too cool to meet princesses this year, and Disney Jr. Characters were out of the question.

My daughter, Ava.
Ava is a thrill ride seeking 4 year old. She was just barely tall enough to ride Space Mountain and Expedition Everest this year, and she can't wait to ride Rockin' Roller Coaster next time.

My youngest daughter Violet.
Violet was a blast to watch this year. She is two and really surprised me on this trip. Here is one of my favorite photos of her with Tinkerbelle.

My MIL Rilla and FIL Richard
This was their first trip to Disney in a long time. They came without any kids last time, so it was fun to see them with their Grandkids.

& Lastly Myself.
My name is Candace and I was the planner of this vacation. This was our first time staying onsite and I had a blast planning everything. I have become a Disney addict and absolutely cannot wait to go back.

Here is a photo of all of us on our first day there.

Our travel dates were October 21st through October 28th and we stayed at Pop Century Hotel. Our school system was on Fall Break this week and I think half of the people from my town had the same idea as me...Disney World.

I can't wait to share our experiences with you. I learned a lot on this trip, and I would like to share with you what worked and what didn't work. If it wasn't for the Dis I would have been nowhere near as prepared as I was.

Last edited by cgerdon02; 06-25-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

Day 1 The Never Ending Day

We Finally Made It!

Our First Taste of Magic

To Space Mountain or Not to Space Mountain?

Cinderella & Her Hilarious Family

Day 2 Hollywood Studios Rope Drop

The Best Cupcake Ever and a Couple of Jedis

50's Prime Time & Fantasmic!

Last edited by cgerdon02; 06-23-2012 at 10:39 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Candace!!! I think we must have been there about the same time. (We arrived on October 20 and left on the 29th.) And I just started my first TR too.

That family pic is wonderful!!! I can't wait to read more about your trip.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm first! I'm first! Subbing!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
and don't you DARE skimp on the pics! I would look at all 800 of them if you let me (I took over 3000 on our first trip!)
Yay for being first! I won't skimp on pics I promise I would have taken more, but forgot the cord that connected my camera to my laptop so I was scared I was going to run out of space on my memory card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Candace!!! I think we must have been there about the same time. (We arrived on October 20 and left on the 29th.) And I just started my first TR too.

That family pic is wonderful!!! I can't wait to read more about your trip.
It was a wonderful week to be there! The weather was absolutely amazing and crowds were definitely manageable.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Day 1. The Never Ending Day

I made sure the van was loaded the night before because I knew it was going to be hard to get out of bed so early (3:30AM ). I had outfits laid out and all we had to do was literally brush our teeth, get dressed, and get out the door.
Here is a photo of the kids ready and excited so early in the morning.

By an impressive 4:15, my inlaws had arrived and we were on our way. I live about 45 minutes from the nearest airport so I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get there. I added in extra time because a major bridge connecting Indiana (Me) to Kentucky (airport) was closed and traffic in the mornings has been horrible. We made it through without any problems, so we got our bags checked and through security very quickly and had about two hours to kill.
Here are some pics of us at the airport.

Haha Isaac cracks me up in this photo. I think the magic was wearing off by this point.

We were getting hungry so we grabbed breakfast at Quizons in the airport as we waited for our flight.

Before we knew it, we had boarded the plane and were ready for take off! This was Isaac and Ava's first time flying so they were super excited! I put together backpacks for each of the kids. They each had a stuffed animal, Perry for Isaac, Lady for Ava and Minnie for Violet. I also added in some books and crayons. Here they are waiting for takeoff.

Finally we took off and three hours later we arrived in the land were all things happy are

Up next: What did the kids think of Disney's Magical Express, They sure surprised me!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
RGirl
DIS Veteran

You're on your way!!!! What good sports the kiddos were getting up so early.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #9
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What fun this is going to be! Your kids are so adorable and your DD4 is going to ride Expedition Everest?!!! My grandson is 4 and I can't imagine him riding it - what a thrill seeker she is

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun trip. Count me in. Can't wait to hear where the squirral comes in at. LOL.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 11-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
You're on your way!!!! What good sports the kiddos were getting up so early.
They were goods sports! I expected them to be extremely grumpy the rest of the day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What fun this is going to be! Your kids are so adorable and your DD4 is going to ride Expedition Everest?!!! My grandson is 4 and I can't imagine him riding it - what a thrill seeker she is
DD4 isn't scared of anything. She was upset she couldn't ride on the Rock N Roller Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Sounds like a fun trip. Count me in. Can't wait to hear where the squirral comes in at. LOL.
Ah the squirrel, you'll find out soon
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

We Finally Made It! The Never Ending Day- Part 2

After making our way through the airport we found our way to Disney's Magical Express. Unfortunately our yellow tags for our luggage never arrived in the mail, so I gave our luggage claim tickets to the nice man at DME and he assured me that they would still get them to our room.... We'll find out later about that.

Here are the kids on the bus. By now it's 10:30AM and they have been up for 6 1/2 hours.

They were so excited to watch the movie though!

When I looked back to see how they liked it after the movie had started, I found them like this.....

Guess the 3AM wake up had gotten to them. You should know that my kids can sleep anywhere! We live a very busy life and they have learned to sleep wherever they can lay their head. Violet slept for about the last 20 minutes of the plane ride. Just enough for a power nap.

Before we knew it, we were arriving here!

When I walked into the lobby, I was about to fall over. It was 11AM now, and we were all looking pretty tired. I was just really hoping our room was ready so we could get a nap. Sure enough it wasn't ready and wouldn't be until 3. Here is a photo of the lobby. Can I just say that I LOVED Pop Century? It was just so nice!

Since our room wasn't ready, we had no other choice but to go to a park. We walked out to the bus stop and got ready for our first experience on a Disney Transportation Bus. Here we are waiting for the bus to come.

The problem with us going to a park, was that we had split reservations (so we could get the free dining) We arrived the day before free dining started so we had a room only that night. Any time I called to make sure I could pick up my tickets a day early, I was told there was no way I could do that. I trusted my fellow Disers though, and we headed to the park anyway. When I got there I stood in the longest line of the week. Guest Relations. After an hour waiting in line, I got my answer.

Any guesses, did I get to pick up my tickets early?

Last edited by cgerdon02; 11-10-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

I say NO. I hope I am wrong. Yall look beat.

Off topic the blonde on the phone looks like Brittany Spears with short hair. Anyone else see this? IDK maybe its just me.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
I say NO. I hope I am wrong. Yall look beat.

Off topic the blonde on the phone looks like Brittany Spears with short hair. Anyone else see this? IDK maybe its just me.
Wow! I hadn't noticed that before but she definitely does!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: