Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #121
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your sister is almost done with her CP! That flew by!

Have your parents mentioned how the weather is in FL? I'm wondering what I'm in for when I get there on Saturday! Not sure how to pack!

Sounds like you guys had a great day in MK! I love the Fall decorations, you're right, they aren't as good as Christmas, but they are really, really nice!

Haha, being a citizen of Main Street would be awesome! Best job ever!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #122
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that your sister is going to be finished with her CP soon! Where does the time go? I just don't even know anymore...

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #123
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I believe I missed the last update, I keep thinking this update seemed like it had more before it! Yup, I missed it.

You did get a lot of rides in! Too bad about the big tour group, I hope you got in during the party!

I really loved the decor at MK as well. It really oput us in the fall/ halloween mood!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #124
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

UGH. Tour groups. Why can't they ever split up into less annoying, less intrusive, smaller tour groups? Come on people...

The Halloween decorations look awesome, those statues are so cute. You got some great pics of the castle!

Hahahah... YES I know exactly what you mean, I think it would be SO awesome to be a Main Street Citizen! AND YES!!!!! I love the Disneyland Fun Sing-along! I always used to watch that (and still do occasionally!) and like DREAM of going to Disneyland/World before I had been! So much fun! I also loved the picture song "taking pictures is making memories!" Awww, memories.

Last edited by marDgreen88; 12-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #125
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow on your sisters CP coming to an end already!

I loved the fall decorations and now really want to see the Christmas decorations as well! The 'clang clang went the trolley' number is awesome and being a citizen of Main Street USA would be pretty neat.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #126
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Oh jeez, those tour groups Smart idea to wait on the Jungle Cruise!

Wouldn't being a citizen of Main St. be the best job ever? It really would!! I always say that when I retire, I want to be one of the people that stands at the beginning of Main St. with the Mickey hands on in the morning and waves to people as they enter the park

I bet you're excited to get your sister home! I'm envious of your parents...the holidays in WDW are the best!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #127
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
[COLOR="Black"]And every time I hear "I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA" I think of the old Disneyland Fun sing along.
I'm here, if a little late! I can't believe you had never eaten at WPE before this trip, but I'm glad you liked it. Disneyland Fun-I still have it on VHS, and I get super excited when other people know what it is!
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter-The Never Ending PTR! *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs *10/9-13, 2015-Boardwalk Inn

Old 12-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #128
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

When you mentioned the fun sing along about going down mainstreet usa..we used to when our kids were small had an old vhs tape that we had from one of our trips to disneyland about about 15-16 years ago. Our kids would watch it over and over till it finally wore out but I remember watching it with them and thinking how much I wanted to go back...Thanks for the trip down memory lane
Our kids are big now and don't want to do that anymore with us so we just go ourselves and become big kids runnin through the parks

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #129
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't believe your sister is almost done with her CP! That flew by!

Have your parents mentioned how the weather is in FL? I'm wondering what I'm in for when I get there on Saturday! Not sure how to pack!

Sounds like you guys had a great day in MK! I love the Fall decorations, you're right, they aren't as good as Christmas, but they are really, really nice!

Haha, being a citizen of Main Street would be awesome! Best job ever!
OK, I'm super late in replying to this so it's not going to help since you're there now but they said it was really nice. It got cooler in the evening though, so they needed jeans and jackets a couple nights!

I really think they did a great job with the fall decorations. It's still so strange to me that when we went in Oct. five years ago they had nothing except a few pumpkins here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can't believe that your sister is going to be finished with her CP soon! Where does the time go? I just don't even know anymore...
I don't even know either. Time goes by waaaay too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I believe I missed the last update, I keep thinking this update seemed like it had more before it! Yup, I missed it.

You did get a lot of rides in! Too bad about the big tour group, I hope you got in during the party!

I really loved the decor at MK as well. It really oput us in the fall/ halloween mood!
You haven't missed too much because I've been dragging this out like I seem to always do lately.

It was odd about the tour group so stay tuned to see if we did it at MNSSHP.

I agree about the decorations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
UGH. Tour groups. Why can't they ever split up into less annoying, less intrusive, smaller tour groups? Come on people...

The Halloween decorations look awesome, those statues are so cute. You got some great pics of the castle!

Hahahah... YES I know exactly what you mean, I think it would be SO awesome to be a Main Street Citizen! AND YES!!!!! I love the Disneyland Fun Sing-along! I always used to watch that (and still do occasionally!) and like DREAM of going to Disneyland/World before I had been! So much fun! I also loved the picture song "taking pictures is making memories!" Awww, memories.
LOL, sometimes they split up...like when we've gone over spring break the school groups break up into little groups and then they're just everywhere!

Ohhh boy, I remember that one too! I think I might have to go on youtube one of these days. That sing along was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow on your sisters CP coming to an end already!

I loved the fall decorations and now really want to see the Christmas decorations as well! The 'clang clang went the trolley' number is awesome and being a citizen of Main Street USA would be pretty neat.
If you liked the fall decorations I'm sure you'd really love the Christmas ones. Nobody does Christmas like Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Oh jeez, those tour groups Smart idea to wait on the Jungle Cruise!

Wouldn't being a citizen of Main St. be the best job ever? It really would!! I always say that when I retire, I want to be one of the people that stands at the beginning of Main St. with the Mickey hands on in the morning and waves to people as they enter the park

I bet you're excited to get your sister home! I'm envious of your parents...the holidays in WDW are the best!
Aww, that would be so awesome! I always think how much fun that must be to wake up each morning, go to the MK to work, and get to greet guests like that. It's one of those little things that makes Disney so magical.

Yeah, we're looking forward to having her home but I'm a bit sad for her too. She just posted on her blog how a part of her wishes she could stay a little longer. We all know how much it sucks coming home from WDW after a week, but after almost 5 months?! I'd probably be in tears (considering I've done that before on vacations...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
I'm here, if a little late! I can't believe you had never eaten at WPE before this trip, but I'm glad you liked it. Disneyland Fun-I still have it on VHS, and I get super excited when other people know what it is!
Yeah, it always seems like we eat at the same places but lately we've been trying to branch out a bit. haha

I'm a little bummed, we don't have our tape anymore. We had some flooding in our basement last year and I think it was lost then. Boo. Atleast there's youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
When you mentioned the fun sing along about going down mainstreet usa..we used to when our kids were small had an old vhs tape that we had from one of our trips to disneyland about about 15-16 years ago. Our kids would watch it over and over till it finally wore out but I remember watching it with them and thinking how much I wanted to go back...Thanks for the trip down memory lane
Our kids are big now and don't want to do that anymore with us so we just go ourselves and become big kids runnin through the parks
We had a whole bunch of those VHS sing along tapes! Ahh memories. The Disneyland Fun one was my favorite, and I hadn't even been to DL at the time!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #130
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

OK, I really need to get going on this trip report. It's been a month and a half and I'm only halfway through the first day of a two-day trip. Before I get to the next installment, a quick update on my sister's happenings. As I said, her program is nearly finished. Last week she had her last class (and earned a "Mouseter's Degree!) and then she had her graduation ceremony yesterday where they get their mouse ears and diplomas. I'm a little suprised it's so early but I guess there's other CPs who probably leave earlier than she does. She also found out that starting next week she's going to be "deployed" to the Magic Kingdom to help with the holiday madness. I think she's looking forward to being at a new location but is not looking forward to the crowds! It'll be interesting to hear what she has to say about that.

In other news, I was looking at my planner earlier and we're getting closer to the 100 day countdown for our April trip. YEAH! As far as planning goes, we haven't done a whole lot with that. LOL. Oh well.

Now back to the report!

Saturday, October 29, 2011 cont'd (part 4)

From the Magic Kingdom, we decided to go visit Epcot. We took the monorail to the TTC and then transferred there. I just have one random picture from the ride from the MK to the TTC:

While passing the Polynesian, we had to stop and hold for traffic clearance so of course I had to take a picture. Dad made a comment about how I'll never get over the nostalgia of the Polynesian and how one of these days we'll (or I'll?) have to break down and just pay to stay there again. Personally, I'm hoping for DVC...Disney just recently confirmed the rumors that they're building DVC units at the Grand Floridian (another resort to add to my list now!) so maybe the Polynesian will be next. I can dream, right?

After the couple monorail rides we finally arrived at Epcot!

Our first order of business was to check out the Land pavilion to see if Soarin still had any fastpasses left. Luckily when we got over there, they did. Yay! We were going to have to wait a few hours to use them but any trip to WDW is not complete without a ride on Soarin! Plus, we had plenty of other stuff to do to keep us occupied.

We were able to do a few of the Future World rides including Living with the Land, the Nemo ride, and Journey Into Imagination.

The best part of the ride is the ending because it sort of reminds me of the original. But really, who are we kidding, I know I say it every trip report but nothing compares to the original!

Atleast they put Figment back in.

On the way out we enjoyed playing with the jumping fountains. When we were little for some reason we liked this one, where it shoots out little water balls. We liked catching them or smashing them. hehe

We also had to stop in Innoventions to get our free Disney Visa picture. The line was a little longer that it has been on past trips. Lucky for us though, there were those video games right near the line so Emma and I attempted (that is the key word) to play some of them. I think I tried some baseball one and Emma did the NFL one, which fittingly enough, was set to the Packers vs. the Bears. haha

The wait was probably around 25 minutes. When we got to the front of the line, the CM asked us how many Visas we had. Dad and I both had ours with us, so the CM said that we could get two photos! Here's how one of them turned out:

From Innoventions we figured we should head out to World Showcase. It was getting to be late afternoon and our hope was that we would beat the evening crowd for the Food and Wine Festival. On the way there we got to see the cranberry bog. I thought it was kind of cool that they had that.

Another fun display for the F&WF:

So I said we were hoping to beat the crowd but I'm guessing there really is no good time to go during the festival. I wouldn't say it was unmanageable but it was definitely a heck of a lot more crowded than normal. But, we were still looking forward to trying a few of the foods they had to offer. We ended up going counterclockwise around WS, starting at the dessert and champagne booth.

Quick, can you spot the hidden Mickey in this picture? Hint: it's not the one on my t-shirt.

Mom ended up getting some sort of rose champagne and mousse with white chocolate pearls. I had a sip of the champagne and that was enough for me. Let me just say that as boring as it may make me sound, I don't really care for alcholic drinks. It was OK but my mom liked it. The mousse, on the other hand, was very tasty.

Next up was Canada, where Dad was going to try the famous Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup! Emma also got a small sample of apple wine.

Again, I had a taste of the soup but didn't really care for it. I know, I am probably one of the few. Can you tell I'm not a foodie?

We stopped briefly to listen to one of the bands before continuing our trip around the world!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #131
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Hi Sarah!

Sorry I haven't been very good about keeping up with your TR... BUT NOT FOR ANY LONGER! I'm going to try and catch up tonight and hopefully I'll be back up to speed. Can't wait to read all about it (:

Okay... your first update... wow all the way back there! ... anyways... LOVE Chick-Fil-A. I don't think I really had any interest in that place until I read your TR. Hopefully they are at the airports around here so I can get some

That's so great you got to talk with some people about on the plane ride, it's so... uncomfortable when you don't, well, for me anyways. A BIG to the lady who had done her research (especially when it comes to Rapunzel) Possible DISer-ness in her future... maybe lol

I hope it didn't rain for you guys... I'll just have to read the next chapter to find out and see your beautiful pictures too (:

Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #132
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! You are in Disney! I think that deserves a clap *applause* Okay, ENOUGH APPLAUSE!

Oh my gosh, WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME WITH CHICK-FIL-A?! Seriously! I really hope I'm going to the mall soon or something because I need the waffle fry goodness YUM LOOOOVVVEEE their waffle fries! I presume you enjoy those too lol

YAY! IT'S ME TIME! Even though it isn't at the center of the trip, that's just such a great start to the trip. I couldn't even fathom not going on the ME when going on a Disney trip, though I might have to if I want to check out WWoHP Darn you Universal for getting to HP before Disney did! Oh, I forgot about the he heavenly gates and sign!! They always deserve some love

SSR looks so nice, that's definitely a DVC resort I would love to stay at though I've been to Saratoga enough times now, but the resort looks much nicer. Too bad you didn't get to show your dad where you and Claire stayed at at OKW... maybe next time Also, the picture of the guy in the lobby... priceless!

Can't wait to hear about when you finally meet up with Emma!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #133
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, how funny is it that the game that was playing was Packers vs. Bears. Obviously, the Packers won.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #134
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I loved those jumping fountains outside of Journey to Imagination when I was little too, I remember standing there for a long time when I was younger!

I can't believe you don't like the cheddar cheese soup! I could bathe in that stuff!

Love the food and wine pics. Makes me miss being there during that time!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #135
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I'm with you on the cheese soup! In years past, I enjoyed it, but I thought it was awful this year...way too salty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: