Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #106
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear your sister is having fun!

Oh no on the rain but Magic Kingdom still looks pretty.

Lol at finding the Mickey sticker on the teacups! Sounds like you had a great day!

Congrats on hitting the 11,000 mark. By the time I get there you'll probably be in your 20s
Old 11-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #107
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow 11,000 posts, that's impressive!

I didn't know there was a shortened version of the opening show at MK! That's kind of disappointing, but I guess they don't want to be out in the rain very long. At least they still do something to open the park!

Haha, I like the teacups, but I can't spin them for too long!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #108
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving Sarah...I'm sure it was rough without Emma though. I love how close you are with your sisters

I'm so happy the weather wasn't TOO bad for you...you all deserved a dry trip after your last trip!!

You're brave on those tea cups lol I'm one who did not watch the video because I did not want to get sick
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #109
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Wow Sarah....11,000 posts! Congrats!

Looks like you were off to a great start at MK. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day.
haha, thanks. I guess I spend too much time on the DIS.

I have been really slacking lately but with the rest of my family going down tomorrow I'll have to do some more updates to get my Disney fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yay for 11,000 posts!

I love that sign, but I always debate if Frontierland is really a 'yesterday land' because it's still there and Liberty Square is more of a yesterday land. (Unless I'm switched around on which one came first!) And no Adventureland mention

I kind of like Magic Kingdom in the rain, it's a different look but I like it! And fewer people is always good
I wouldn't go so far as to say I like the MK in the rain but it did look kind of pretty with the lights still on. That is one thing I DO like about the MK-all the lights on the buildings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
11,000 posts, that is awesome, I just hit 140 got a long way to go to catch up. Looks like a crappy day out there but I hope it got better as the day went on and I like your little video
Don't worry, it didn't stay like that all day. Glad you liked the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Oh my goodness, I didn't even watch your video... just the picture of the spinning made me dizzy! I haven't been on the teacups since I was 5. I just can't handle spinny rides
LOL, it's not too bad if you don't spin a lot. Some people really go crazy when they're on the teacups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YAY Magic Kingdom morning! I love it. Yall have a good routine going to Space Mountain first. Sorry yall keep getting rainy weather though!

I love the teacups and how colorful and happy-looking they are. I was able to stomach the video.

Hope the rest of your MK morning was less rainy! And hope yall had a great Thanksgiving!
Yeah, it always works well going to Space Mountain first, so we just don't ever bother trying something different. haha

I agree about the teacups. They are very fun. The one in Disneyland is even neater looking because it's not under cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm glad to hear your sister is having fun!

Oh no on the rain but Magic Kingdom still looks pretty.

Lol at finding the Mickey sticker on the teacups! Sounds like you had a great day!

Congrats on hitting the 11,000 mark. By the time I get there you'll probably be in your 20s
Yes, and luckily the rain didn't last. We did get to see the sun but I'll get to that later.

haha, I hope I don't have that many posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow 11,000 posts, that's impressive!

I didn't know there was a shortened version of the opening show at MK! That's kind of disappointing, but I guess they don't want to be out in the rain very long. At least they still do something to open the park!

Haha, I like the teacups, but I can't spin them for too long!
I don't know if it's impressive or sickening. LOL.

It was disappointing but it's not like we've never seen the real version. And I'm sure we'll see it again when we go in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving Sarah...I'm sure it was rough without Emma though. I love how close you are with your sisters

I'm so happy the weather wasn't TOO bad for you...you all deserved a dry trip after your last trip!!

You're brave on those tea cups lol I'm one who did not watch the video because I did not want to get sick
It was definitely strange and I felt sort of bad for her since she wasn't here. But, like I told her once her CP is done she'll be wishing she was back. I can't believe she's only got a month left before she comes home!

Yes, I definitely agree after all that rain in March! I never want to deal with that again.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #110
wdwgirl03

Wow, I can hardly believe it's already December. Only a little over a month before Emma is done with her College Program. Time sure seemed to fly, so I can't imagine how it must feel for her! Dad, Mom, and Claire left today to go visit her. I am super jealous (obviously) since they'll be going to the Christmas party on Wednesday and Claire and Emma are also going to go to Universal again (mainly for the Wizarding World, of course!). They were on two separate flights, so last I heard my parents were sitting outside the Artist Palette waiting for their room and Claire was grabbing lunch at Chick-Fil-A. So, while I'm left behind, I can only continue counting down the days until April and finally post another update from October!

Saturday, October 29, 2011 cont'd (part 2)

When we were finished riding the Mad Tea Party, we began our "grand circle tour" of the rest of the park. As we entered Fantasyland we got a glimpse of the construction. The Beast's Castle is really coming along!

I think I read that the first phase of the expansion is supposed to open in spring 2012. I'm not sure what exactly spring 2012 means since that could be anywhere from March to June but it would be awesome if it was open when Dad and I go in April. It's really going to be a whole new park once it's all open.

As is typical, Dad asked us what we wanted to do. LOL. Since we were right there we ended up going on Winnie the Pooh.

This ride is so cute. We always like looking for the picture with Mr. Toad handing Owl the deed to the ride. Speaking of Pooh, we rented the new Winnie the Pooh movie and it was pretty cute. Definitely a good movie for the little ones (funny how we have no little ones...).

One thing we had to do this trip was ride Snow White's Scary Adventures one last time before it closes. I still can't believe they're closing it! Sometimes I miss the old classics and I'm sure it'll be the same with Snow White. Normally I'm not one to take pictures on dark rides but I felt I had to for this one.

Just looking at these pictures sort of bums me out. At the end of the ride we stopped so I tried to get a picture of Dopey waving but of course by the time I got my camera ready we started moving again. So no Dopey. Oh well.

After the ride we quickly went into one of the gift shops right near there. We didn't buy anything, but check out this t-shirt I spotted:

It's just like Up! I thought it was so cute. As we continued on our way through Fantasyland we were able to do Peter Pan's Flight before the line for that got too long. Another classic that we can never skip.

Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion. It had the usual 13 minute wait. I have to say I was looking forward to seeing the new interactive queue area. The one thing I didn't realize about it was that you can choose to go through the "graveyard queue" or go directly to the ride. If we would have chosen to skip the new stuff, we would've gotten on the ride faster but either way it was a short wait. It was fun checking out the new additions. First up were some statues of the dearly departed:

Then we saw Master Gracey's grave.

You can see in the background the guy who drowned in the tub. That one was cool because it had leaks and bubbles coming from it. Overall I really enjoyed the new queue and the ride was great as usual.

After the HM, it was time to complete the triple mountain whammy! Dad, Emma, and I started with Splash Mountain, which we literally walked right on. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones in our log too.

Slippin Falls! And notice the sun is starting to come out!

Mom then joined us on Thunder Mountain. Dad and Emma rode together and I went with Mom.

It was another really short wait here.

I think everyone knows BTMRR is one of my favorites but this ride was pretty enjoyable. There were a lot of younger kids on it. I don't know if they were first timers or what but it was hilarious hearing all their shrieking and screaming! I had to try to take a video because it was too funny.

Love it! I can't tell if they are scared of if they are just trying to scream as loud as they can. LOL.

We were continuing to make good time hitting all the major attractions, but where would we experience a minor hiccup? Stay tuned!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 12-03-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: double picture
Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #111
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

The new queue for HM looks like it was a lot better then it was before and love the 3 mountains and like you said BTMRR is my fave ride of the 3 of them. Hoping to go in early march...not sure yet, don't want to get my hopes up in case we can't go but I sure hope we can

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #112
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see photos of the completed Fantasyland expansion!

I haven't seen the new Winnie the Pooh movie yet but have to agree in that the ride is so cute.

Love your shots of Snow White's Scary Adventures and am glad I got to experience it before it closed. Lol at all the screaming on BTMRR!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #113
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
The new queue for HM looks like it was a lot better then it was before and love the 3 mountains and like you said BTMRR is my fave ride of the 3 of them. Hoping to go in early march...not sure yet, don't want to get my hopes up in case we can't go but I sure hope we can
I hope you get to go in March. It's a great time to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I can't wait to see photos of the completed Fantasyland expansion!

I haven't seen the new Winnie the Pooh movie yet but have to agree in that the ride is so cute.

Love your shots of Snow White's Scary Adventures and am glad I got to experience it before it closed. Lol at all the screaming on BTMRR!
It's really cool even seeing the pictures of the construction progress. I just saw a couple new ones on twitter of the Beast's Castle, the new Dumbo ride top, and work on the Little Mermaid ride.

I'll miss Snow White but the new mine train ride with the dwarves should be fun too.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #114
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Love the triple mountain whammy! When we go in Jan/Feb, BTMRR is going to be closed for a long rehab...I'm so sad!!

Gotta love all the classic Fantasyland rides. Peter Pan is my favorite but I'm going to miss Snow White, too. Although I am really excited for what the new minetrain roller coaster is going to bring!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #115
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I have no little ones and thorougly enjoyed the new Pooh movie also! Loved when Pooh sees everything turning into honey pots, too cute.

It always makes me wonder why they can't just keep the old rides and just add the new ones. They have plenty of space, and they know people love the old rides...

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #116
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wow... last time on Snow White! How weird!
THAT is the cutest shirt I've ever seen! Oh wow. I just squealed, I'm completely serious. I want that now. Thanks for taking a picture of that!

TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY! Oh man. Love it!!!
Fun video!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #117
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Love the triple mountain whammy! When we go in Jan/Feb, BTMRR is going to be closed for a long rehab...I'm so sad!!

Gotta love all the classic Fantasyland rides. Peter Pan is my favorite but I'm going to miss Snow White, too. Although I am really excited for what the new minetrain roller coaster is going to bring!
Yeah, that's the one bad thing about going during non-peak times. A lot of the more popular rides seem to have their refurbs then.

The mine train does look like it will be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I have no little ones and thorougly enjoyed the new Pooh movie also! Loved when Pooh sees everything turning into honey pots, too cute.

It always makes me wonder why they can't just keep the old rides and just add the new ones. They have plenty of space, and they know people love the old rides...
haha, that was cute. I liked whenever he said "Oh, bother!" I don't know why but it was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wow... last time on Snow White! How weird!
THAT is the cutest shirt I've ever seen! Oh wow. I just squealed, I'm completely serious. I want that now. Thanks for taking a picture of that!

TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY! Oh man. Love it!!!
Fun video!
Glad you liked the picture of the t-shirt! It was so cute.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #118
Merida
DIS Veteran

!! I love that shirt! It's so cute; I like non-character Disney stuff and it's sometimes a bit of a gamble if it's available. Somehow a castle with Mickey balloons based on Up seems more... I'm not sure, subtle? wearable? than something with, say, Tigger. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

Aw, Snow White closing. I like the ride, but it seems very forgettable. Like it needs a wow factor, like Peter Pan's flying boats. I know I've been on it several times but the only thing I remember about it is Dopey waving good-bye! And the mine train coaster sounds super cool. Of course, I have another chance to ride it, so I may not be feeling sentimental quite yet!

Big Thunder Mountain is the best.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #119
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
!! I love that shirt! It's so cute; I like non-character Disney stuff and it's sometimes a bit of a gamble if it's available. Somehow a castle with Mickey balloons based on Up seems more... I'm not sure, subtle? wearable? than something with, say, Tigger. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

Aw, Snow White closing. I like the ride, but it seems very forgettable. Like it needs a wow factor, like Peter Pan's flying boats. I know I've been on it several times but the only thing I remember about it is Dopey waving good-bye! And the mine train coaster sounds super cool. Of course, I have another chance to ride it, so I may not be feeling sentimental quite yet!

Big Thunder Mountain is the best.
No, I get what you're saying. I used to get the t-shirts with all the characters on them. Don't get me wrong, they're cute but sometimes the ones that are more subtle are nicer.

I think that's part of the charm of the dark rides-they're so simple. I like all the classics.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #120
wdwgirl03

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you're all having a good week. I've been living vicariously through my family with their phone calls keeping me up to date on what they've been doing in WDW. Tonight they're going to the Christmas party which I am super jealous about (in fact, they've probably already been there a couple hours). Then tomorrow they come home. It's crazy to think that Emma will be home in less than a month too.

Before I get on with the next update, just wanted to say only 4 months until Dad and I go back for Easter! Ahhh I can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk!

Now back to our MK morning...

Saturday, October 29, 2011 cont'd (part 3)

After finishing up in Frontierland, we continued our way around the park by heading towards Adventureland. There wasn't too much of a wait at Pirates of the Caribbean so we stopped there first. I really think the rain had scared some people off that morning because as you can tell, we had no problem getting on anything-that is until we got to the Jungle Cruise. We got to the little courtyard area where you get in line and noticed a HUGE tour group. I'm not even kidding, the line stretched pretty much the entire length of that area. And there wasn't even a wait time posted (Dad was wondering if it was even operating). Not wanting to get in the crazy line, we decided to skip that and add it to our list of things to do at the Halloween party. So, instead we walked back toward the hub.

Since the sun was now out, we were able to fully enjoy the fall decorations. I loved how they even planted some fall-colored flowers. So pretty!

The statues of the characters dressed in different costumes were cute too. I don't know why, but I thought they were smaller (more like the size of the ones inside the hub-like the Dumbo and Goofy ones). They were actually pretty big!

I had to get another picture with my sister.

After admiring the decorations it was time to get some lunch. We decided to go to one of our favorite places at the Magic Kingdom...Cosmic Ray's!

Even the street lamps are decked out for the fall.

I can't remember what everyone got at Cosmic Ray's but I know Dad and I got bacon cheeseburgers (does anyone know if they've recently changed their menu? I don't remember them having those before). We then enjoyed our meal while listening to the music of Mr. Sonny Eclipse.

Since we wanted to get over to Epcot before it got too busy with the Food and Wine Festival going on, we made our way toward Main Street. Another shot of the castle (I seem to have taken more pictures of the castle than usual this trip):

As we made our way down Main Street I couldn't help but admire the decorations some more. All of the detail is amazing. You can't tell from this picture but see the pumpkins? Each store had the pumpkins carved to match the store. So the Ice Cream Parlor had little ice cream cone carvings. I seem to remember reading that in someone else's TR, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed. But I'm glad I read that because I was able to share that little tidbit with Dad.

Of course we had to stop in the shops on the way out but before we did that I noticed that some of the citizens of Main Street USA were coming out to perform. Can't pass up a chance to see them-who doesn't love the "clang clang clang went the trolley" number? And every time I hear "I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA" I think of the old Disneyland Fun sing along.

Notice how they're dressed for the season as well.

I wish I could be a citizen of Main Street USA. No, really. That would be pretty awesome. What a great job. I'll leave you with a few more pictures from Main Street. You really can't help but get into the fall spirit. Not quite as good as the Christmas decorations but still very festive with all the pumpkins, orange and gold flowers, bunting, and the fun pumpkin statues/scarecrows!

up next: Food around the world
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: