Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
I'm here!
Hi Megan. Congrats on being first to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay! So glad to see you started your TR!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!!
Welcome Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
I'm here, Sarah!
Yay! Hi Lauren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi Sarah! Fabulous timing to get this started.... my internet is back today!
haha, glad your internet is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read all about it!
Hi Timmy-thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Hey Jen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
How is your sister enjoying the CP?
Hi Joanna! She is really enjoying the CP so far. I don't know how she's going to survive when she comes home in January. I have a feeling she'll end up back in Disney somehow after she graduates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Looking forward to it!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey Sarah, you know I'm in

I just found out some good news regarding SSR and myself I may have some questions to ask!
Hi Kristen!

I was curious after seeing your comment about SSR and saw your post on your wedding PJ. Feel free to ask away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here, excited to read about the fun!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm here!
Hi Carey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear about it all. I love your TR's!
Aww, glad you enjoy my TRs. Thanks for joining in again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Ready to read your report. I'm sure everyone would agree, 2 days in Disney is better than No days! I'm sure you managed to keep yourself busy.......
Yes, I agree and we certainly kept ourselves busy. Time went by way too fast!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

you can count me in as well.....A friend of mine from work applied for the CP as well and just had her first phone interview about 4 days ago and she said it went well and now she has to wait about 5-6 weeks for another phone interview. She is so excited

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

I'm here Sarah! Can't wait to read about your trip!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
you can count me in as well.....A friend of mine from work applied for the CP as well and just had her first phone interview about 4 days ago and she said it went well and now she has to wait about 5-6 weeks for another phone interview. She is so excited
I bet she is excited! What kind of role did she apply for? That's interesting she has to have another phone interview. Is she trying for a character performer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
I'm here Sarah! Can't wait to read about your trip!
Welcome Christina!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
wdwgirl03

OK, here are some quick Cast intros before we get this thing started:

Me (aka Sarah)...26-year old teacher and Disney fanatic. Some of my Disney favorites include Tinker Bell, Mickey Mouse, Soarin, and the Polynesian.

My sister (aka Emma)...21 year old college student, studying marketing. Her favorite park is Hollywood Studios so she is thrilled to be a CM there for her college program! Sorry, I don't want to give out her exact work location though.

Dad...the DVC owner in our family. One of his favorite things about Disney World is the atmosphere. Also a huge fan of Tigger.

Mom...likes Disney but I don't think she's quite as obsessed as some of the rest of us are. LOL! Some of her Disney favorites are strolling through the countries in World Showcase and the Boardwalk.

My other sister, Claire, didn't come with us, but will be going with my parents in about a month when they go visit Emma again.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Our day started off pretty early. I woke up around 4:00 or a little after for our flight at 7:50. It’s kind of hard getting up when it’s still dark (and a little cold) but like always, it’s also exciting knowing you’re on your way to Disney World. Plus, I couldn’t wait to see Emma in just a few short hours (I’m sure my parents felt the same way). This was the longest we’ve gone without seeing each other. Even though my sisters and I all lived on campus at school we’d see each other often since MU is pretty close to where we live. It’s been sort of strange not being able to see each other but thankfully there’s facebook/texting/blogs to keep in touch. But anyway…did I mention I was looking forward to seeing Emma?

We left the house around 5:00 to head to the airport. After dropping off the car we were able to check our bags and go through security. We made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare. Since I was starving, I went to find some breakfast to hold me over until we arrived in Orlando (and if you’ve read my other TRs you know what our favorite place to get food from is-in fact, I think I’ve even convinced some other DISers to do the same now. Haha!)

One of the things I always love about travel day is hearing other people talk about Disney World. I’m sure it’s the same everywhere, but there are always tons of kids on our flights, and with schools having a long weekend, this trip was no exception. I know there was one mother with her little boy talking about seeing Mickey Mouse and trying to keep him occupied with Disney toys and another lady with her two small girls. I heard her ask one of the girls if she wanted to meet Rapunzel. Knowing that she is so popular I had to offer some advice and told them to plan on getting there early (lucky, she had done her research and said she had heard that). So then Mom asked her where they were staying and it turns out they were also going to Saratoga Springs. It’s just fun hearing/talking to others and adds to the excitement of going to Disney World! Of course with the excitement, there was also a little worry because of the rain they were forecasting for pretty much the whole weekend. We only had two full days so I really did not want it to be raining the whole time, especially after our trip this past March! I was hoping any rain that did happen would be short-lived.

Finally, around 7:30 it was time to start boarding the plane! We were on a Southwest flight so I’m sure many of you know about their odd boarding technique. My parents boarded first since they were in group A and then I went with group B. We were lucky to get three aisle seats near the front of the plane-that way, we’d be some of the first ones off once we arrived in Orlando! On the way down I listened to some theme park music on my ipod to help pass the time. And after an uneventful flight, we touched down at MCO! The runways were pretty wet so it looked like it rained hard early in the morning but thankfully it wasn’t raining anymore. But would that last???

(Sorry for the lack of photos in this update-I never seem to have any from the airport/plane but don't worry, you know they are coming! Stay tuned!)

Up next: Grabbing some lunch and the Magical Express ride!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Every time I read one of your reports I want Chick-Fil-A so bad lol I have never had it before!! I'm deprived!

Anxious to hear more
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Awesome Sarah, Now hopefully I can keep up!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

I think she is applying to work at epcot in the canadian pavillion and she wants to do the sales part of it in the sales queue. She said she has to do the other phone interview for some reason and then after that she will meet face to face with someone and then hopefully off to florida

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #24
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hi Joanna! She is really enjoying the CP so far. I don't know how she's going to survive when she comes home in January. I have a feeling she'll end up back in Disney somehow after she graduates!
Nothing wrong with that!
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 11-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #25
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

I can't wait to hear about MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Fest!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #26
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences since we were there at the same time
Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

I'm glad you had an uneventful flight.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #28
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I'm new to the posting world around here, but I found your spring TR link on your signature on someone else's TR. (Caretames1, I think!) I read the entire thing and I really enjoyed it! I was a little too late to comment, however, so I decided to follow along with this one! Hope you had a great trip, even though it was short! (My last one was only 2 full days as well!)

P.S. If I'm remembering correctly from your last TR, you ate Chick-Fil-A at MCO... YUM.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #29
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Every time I read one of your reports I want Chick-Fil-A so bad lol I have never had it before!! I'm deprived!

Anxious to hear more
haha, you should try it on one of your upcoming trips. It is well worth the stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Awesome Sarah, Now hopefully I can keep up!
Hi Colleen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
I think she is applying to work at epcot in the canadian pavillion and she wants to do the sales part of it in the sales queue. She said she has to do the other phone interview for some reason and then after that she will meet face to face with someone and then hopefully off to florida
Ahh, that's cool. Good luck to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Nothing wrong with that!
No there's not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I'm in!

I can't wait to hear about MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Fest!
MNSSHP and F&WF are a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences since we were there at the same time
Yes, it is always cool reading TRs from people who were there at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

I'm glad you had an uneventful flight.
Yay! I can't wait to share our trip, even though it was so short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hey there! I'm new to the posting world around here, but I found your spring TR link on your signature on someone else's TR. (Caretames1, I think!) I read the entire thing and I really enjoyed it! I was a little too late to comment, however, so I decided to follow along with this one! Hope you had a great trip, even though it was short! (My last one was only 2 full days as well!)

P.S. If I'm remembering correctly from your last TR, you ate Chick-Fil-A at MCO... YUM.
Welcome and thanks for posting! Glad you enjoyed my spring TR.

Yup, you are right about Chick-Fil-A! SOOOO good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing!
Welcome!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: