facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #91
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
All right, it looks like the 14th
Awesome, we have a date, now all we need is a time! Maybe around 1 or 2, so people can do lunch before hand? Or do you want to do it a little later in the afternoon?
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #92
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Awesome, we have a date, now all we need is a time! Maybe around 1 or 2, so people can do lunch before hand? Or do you want to do it a little later in the afternoon?
I'm flexible on times. I've penciled (sp) in 1pm for now on my calendar just so DH knows he has the kids!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #93
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'm flexible on times. I've penciled (sp) in 1pm for now on my calendar just so DH knows he has the kids!
I am also flexible
Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #94
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

1 or 2 works for me, too! But I'm flexible.Happy New Year!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #95
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

All right Moms Panel fans, are we still on for next Saturday?! It's a new year and we need new goals to make it on the panel this year

I got an email from Disney saying the Tysons store would be closing on or about the 18th for a remodel.

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #96
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I'm good for Saturday. Where do we want to meet? I'm up for anything convenient to us -- Tysons, Reston Town Center, National Harbor, DC...(prefer Virginia but can do MD or DC, too).
Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #97
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

I say we do Tysons. I think it's a good central location. Does anyone meet for lunch before hand to chat or maybe after the Disney store we can sit down somewhere?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #98
Marshay

Let's do lunch at Tysons so we can chat and get to know each other and then wander over to the Disney store.

Does that work for everyone?

I'm up for just food court or we can do a TS restaurant. It's all good.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #99
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let's do lunch at Tysons so we can chat and get to know each other and then wander over to the Disney store.

Does that work for everyone?

I'm up for just food court or we can do a TS restaurant. It's all good.
Sounds good to me!

Where is everyone? Hello?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #100
Marshay

Ok, moving this along..here are some restaurants:

Brio Tuscan Grille
California Pizza Kitchen
Coastal Flats
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Bar
Luciano Restaurant & Pizzeria
Neishai Thai Cuisine
Norton's American Bar & Grill
Seasons 52 (703) 288-3852
TGI Friday's (703) 448-5470
The Capital Grille
Wasabi

If we want to keep the Florida theme, then we should go for either Coastal Flats or Season 52. However, I've never eaten at either of these and don't know prices.

Fast food court is also plentiful.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #101
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I don'tknow about Seasons 52 prices, but I know others who have eaten there and said the food is amazing!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #102
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I don'tknow about Seasons 52 prices, but I know others who have eaten there and said the food is amazing!
Yeah, their website doesn't list prices for the food...but the wine list shows wine by the glass averaging $12...so let's assume this is more pricey.

I'm not opposed to it but also don't need to spend $$, right before my Disney trip!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #103
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

I've eaten at most of the restaurants at Tysons. I like Coastal Flats a lot, but honestly I love it for their little donut roll bread that they bring you ahead of time It's part of the Great American chain, so if you've eaten at Sweetwater Tavern, or Jackson's in Reston, it's the same thing. It's a little pricey-maybe $12-$20 for an entree, the steak I think is $24, salads-$12, but they're good.

I've never been to Seasons 52, but DH has for work. He didn't pay, but he thought he got a trout entree and it was around $15 for lunch. He said the flatbreads are really yummy.

I'm up for anything. I appreciate a good meal, but I can also do food court!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #104
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
I've eaten at most of the restaurants at Tysons. I like Coastal Flats a lot, but honestly I love it for their little donut roll bread that they bring you ahead of time It's part of the Great American chain, so if you've eaten at Sweetwater Tavern, or Jackson's in Reston, it's the same thing. It's a little pricey-maybe $12-$20 for an entree, the steak I think is $24, salads-$12, but they're good.

I've never been to Seasons 52, but DH has for work. He didn't pay, but he thought he got a trout entree and it was around $15 for lunch. He said the flatbreads are really yummy.

I'm up for anything. I appreciate a good meal, but I can also do food court!
Cool, sounds like both may be around the same price then.

Let's wait to hear what anyone else thinks. I think a sit-down restaurant will be easier for us to talk and get to know one another better w/o competing with the noise and going-ons at the food court.

But either way is fine...food court or TGIF are cheaper options and they have good food, too!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #105
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Cool, sounds like both may be around the same price then.

Let's wait to hear what anyone else thinks. I think a sit-down restaurant will be easier for us to talk and get to know one another better w/o competing with the noise and going-ons at the food court.

But either way is fine...food court or TGIF are cheaper options and they have good food, too!
My plans have changed slightly due to extended family health related issues. I may have to bring DH and DS along...would that bother anyone? If not then please put me down as a strong tentative. Then I will try to work out extended family around the meet n greet. I am very excited to meet everyone
denise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: