Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #76
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Honestly it was close to perfect. Didn't feel too long at all - I was really glad to have some extra time at sea at the beginning of the trip (it took 2.5 days to get to Puerto Rico) because the first day I spent lying down for the most part because I felt so bad - partially seasickness, partially being drowsy from the Dramamine, haha. I think the cruise was so great because of the people we were seated with at our table - one other couple around our age. There was room for 4 others at our table, but none of them showed up. We'll definitely do another cruise. Maybe we'll start alternating cruises with our Disney trips, haha.

ETA - Marshay, we must have been posting at the same time, so adding this on - I'm fine with inviting other local DIS-ers. Obviously I will probably be a little more excited about meeting you guys since we've been chatting the past couple months, but I have no problem meeting other Disney fans! And depending on the date we choose, maybe I will be able to convince Ashley to come so she can really give us all the details about her training trip!
The cruise sounds so fun! Maybe DH and I will have to try sailing out of Baltimore for one. That would be so cool if you could convince Ashley to come to our meet! How exciting that it's almost time for the training!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #77
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

To all you runners-Is it worth doing a trip to participate in a 5K or is it kind of a letdown compared to the other races? I would love to do the Princess Half Marathon, but I don't think I could train quick enough to do it in February. So I was thinking about maybe doing the 5K during Marathon Weekend so I could catch the Osbourne lights.

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #78
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
To all you runners-Is it worth doing a trip to participate in a 5K or is it kind of a letdown compared to the other races? I would love to do the Princess Half Marathon, but I don't think I could train quick enough to do it in February. So I was thinking about maybe doing the 5K during Marathon Weekend so I could catch the Osbourne lights.
For me the 5Ks are TOTALLY worth it. For instance if you do the Disney Royal Family 5K you pretty much have all of EPCOT to yourselves.
Pros:
*Characters are stationed everywhere along the course. Belle and Beast at the start of the Race, Mulan in China, Snow White with some of the Dwarves in Germany, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter in England, Cinderella and/or Sleeping Beauty in France. (* If you do the Disney Halloween 5k you run through the Animal Kingdom - substitute Safari Goofy and Donald, Jungle Book characters, etc. all along the course.)
*Watching the sun come up over Disney is magical
*If you stay at the resort you receive free transportation to and from your hotel to the event
* Special pretty vinyl medal at the finish line and then wearing your medal at the parks afterwards.
* walking, running, jogging, wogging (walk/jog) etc with so many other Disney enthusiasts. The camaraderie is AWESOME!
* people watching all the participants dressed up while walking, running, jogging, wogging (walk/jog) etc

Cons:
For the Disney Royal Family 5K - waking up at o'dark thirty. I personally have a problem getting started but once you get on the bus with the other enthusiasts...you get caught up in the total excitement of the event

Outside Disney I do about two 5Ks a month. At Disney I completed both the Disney Royal Family 5K & Disney Halloween 5k. I enjoy the 5ks immensely. Both were awesome! Disney 5Ks are the best! But then again Disney does everything top notch.

I have also done the Princess and Wine & Dine Half Marathons. Those are spectacular races to compete in

~Denise
Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #79
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Denise -- I just wanted to say -- WOW!!! You are so motivated. Good for you!!
I wog them (walk/jog) so it is no biggie. But thank you for your kind words
Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #80
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
Outside Disney I do about two 5Ks a month.
Denise -- I just wanted to say -- WOW!!! You are so motivated. Good for you!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #81
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For me the 5Ks are TOTALLY worth it. For instance if you do the Disney Royal Family 5K you pretty much have all of EPCOT to yourselves.
Pros:
*Characters are stationed everywhere along the course. Belle and Beast at the start of the Race, Mulan in China, Snow White with some of the Dwarves in Germany, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter in England, Cinderella and/or Sleeping Beauty in France. (* If you do the Disney Halloween 5k you run through the Animal Kingdom - substitute Safari Goofy and Donald, Jungle Book characters, etc. all along the course.)
*Watching the sun come up over Disney is magical
*If you stay at the resort you receive free transportation to and from your hotel to the event
* Special pretty vinyl medal at the finish line and then wearing your medal at the parks afterwards.
* walking, running, jogging, wogging (walk/jog) etc with so many other Disney enthusiasts. The camaraderie is AWESOME!
* people watching all the participants dressed up while walking, running, jogging, wogging (walk/jog) etc

Cons:
For the Disney Royal Family 5K - waking up at o'dark thirty. I personally have a problem getting started but once you get on the bus with the other enthusiasts...you get caught up in the total excitement of the event

Outside Disney I do about two 5Ks a month. At Disney I completed both the Disney Royal Family 5K & Disney Halloween 5k. I enjoy the 5ks immensely. Both were awesome! Disney 5Ks are the best! But then again Disney does everything top notch.

I have also done the Princess and Wine & Dine Half Marathons. Those are spectacular races to compete in

~Denise
Thanks for the motivation! I think it'll be awesome! Now to decide between January or end of February. We went at the end of January last year and it was a little too chilly for me. I really want to see some cool Christmas decorations though. On the other hand, I would like to see my husband dressed up for the Disney Royal 5K Decisions, Decisions....

Don't sell yourself short for wogging the races! At least you do them! That's more than I can say for my lazy self.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #82
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
I wog them (walk/jog) so it is no biggie. But thank you for your kind words
Hey, I'm impressed with either walking, jogging or wogging. As long as you are out there and doing them!! Good for you!!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #83
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! When should we figure out a date? I have one so far that's our for me - going to a baby shower on January 15th.

I also mentioned the meet to Ashley/MamaofAllTrades and she said to keep her in the loop!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #84
Marshay

Unfortunately, I'm only available January 14th or 15th..we leave for Disney on the 19th!!!

If Jan 14th works out for everyone, great! I'm in! If not, I'll catch you guys on the next go-around.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #85
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Well we planned a last minute trip to Disney in January, so we leave the 18th! Hooray! I'm good for any other weekend though besides the 21st! Saturdays are usually the best weekend day for me. I hope everyone is almost ready for the the holidays, because they're coming!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #86
arbolita
DIS Veteran

So sounds as though the 14th is best for those of us who have checked in so far. I'll mark that tentatively on my calendar until we hear from the rest =)
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #87
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
So sounds as though the 14th is best for those of us who have checked in so far. I'll mark that tentatively on my calendar until we hear from the rest =)
14th sounds good for me too
Denise
Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #88
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Well we planned a last minute trip to Disney in January, so we leave the 18th! Hooray! I'm good for any other weekend though besides the 21st! Saturdays are usually the best weekend day for me. I hope everyone is almost ready for the the holidays, because they're coming!
Woo Hoo! Maybe we'll see you down there. We leave on Autotrain on 1/19 and arrive 1/20, staying for a week at OKW.

I'll have my LGMH on the stroller and bags.

Where are you staying?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #89
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Woo Hoo! Maybe we'll see you down there. We leave on Autotrain on 1/19 and arrive 1/20, staying for a week at OKW.

I'll have my LGMH on the stroller and bags.

Where are you staying?
Wow, you do the Autotrain? It looks like fun, but I don't think I could handle it. I remember riding the trains in Russia (though I'm sure a very different experience) and it still makes me nervous thinking about it. I don't like flying either though. I should probably just move to Florida

We'll be there until the 24th staying at the All Star Music Family Suites. Though I am thinking about maybe doing a split stay at the Contemporary. I've never stayed there and this will probably be our last chance to stay before we become an official family of 6, so we won't be able to stay in the regular deluxe rooms anymore.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #90
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
14th sounds good for me too
Denise
All right, it looks like the 14th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: