Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #1441
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Now that our online check-in option is open, should I do it, or go for the full experience of checking in when we get there?

What's the pros and cons of online check-in?
The pro is that if you are satisfied with the room they have assigned check-in is only a couple minutes once you get to the counter. They have your folder with all your info ready, KTTW cards programmed, and charging abilities already programmed on the card.

I like to check-in at the resort because its less work for them to change room assignments if I want a different one. They can change rooms either way, but someone will have done some work for nothing.

It really doesn't matter, I like interacting with the front counter staff. They have always been excellent at CSR. If you have any problems on your stay don't call, walk down to the front desk and they will be very helpful.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #1442
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Now that our online check-in option is open, should I do it, or go for the full experience of checking in when we get there?

What's the pros and cons of online check-in?

we used online checking in for our last trip and not one of our requests were made I will no longer to online check in
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #1443
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Going off the Taxi post ( thanks for that info BTW) Can young (2 and 4) kids ride in a taxi without a car seat? Seems like it may not be a great idea but just wondered if anyone had experience with that! TIA!

Our Birthday Trip!! Celebrating DS turning 4 and DD turning 2!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #1444
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we used online checking in for our last trip and not one of our requests were made I will no longer to online check in
Did you ask if they could full fill your requests at check-in? They didn't have are request full filled either, but were very accomodating at check-in.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #1445
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Did you ask if they could full fill your requests at check-in? They didn't have are request full filled either, but were very accomodating at check-in.
Right. We have used online check-in twice and have received our requests once. One trip, we requested cabanas but were placed in casita 2. I asked if there was anything available in cabanas and got moved to 9A - the cast member was very accommodating. If you ask to be moved at check-in and they can't put you where you want to be, it is because that room type or location is booked. Waiting to check-in on arrival won't change availability of a room.

For RobertLC - online check-in can be helpful if you are familiar with the resort and are checking in at a busy time. If it is your first visit, the cast members in the regular line tend to spend more time going over the resort map and explaining the amenities. Online check-in can be helpful if you want to check in early in the day because they will be expecting you and will try to have a room ready. If it is not where you want it to be, you might have to wait until afternoon or even the next day to find a room in the location you want.

If you are particular about your location, you may ask to be moved and they will try to move you. This can negate the time savings of the online check-in since they will need to redo your keys, but I don't think online check-in influences whether or not you get your room request. Many people have their room requests noted on their reservation, whether they check in online or not. You don't always get your request.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #1446
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

That's good information ... thanks!! I did NOT do online checkin on purpose just so we could interact with the front desk and it's our first visit to CSR. So I'm glad I chose that route.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #1447
Zachsmom4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This is true for us as well. Not only were our requests not granted, nothing was complete when we went to check in. Our room wasn't assigned, our cards/packet was not ready. Everything was done when we got there. We won't be doing online check in the future either.

2/11 - Port Orleans French Quarter
3/12 - Coronado Springs Resort

10/14 - Port Orleans Riverside

Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #1448
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We've done it both ways -- online and walk up and our requests have always been met.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #1449
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

If I have something sent to the hotel, what is the fee that they will charge me?
I want to order something from the Disneystore.com site, for me to mail it to Canada would be 50.00 but I can do free shipping to the US. Just wondering how much charge will be applied to a delivery at the resort.
ASM last year didn't have any charge for me, but I have heard the CSR does charge?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1450
coinkc
You can find some hot dates at Six Flags St. Louis!

We did it!

We switched our reservations from All Star Sports to CSR. I'm so excited - we really love the pictures of the resort we have seen. Even though it seems to get mixed reviews, we are really looking forward to staying there.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1451
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I'm so excited. I just upgraded my reservation from All Star Music to CSR!!! I have only ever stayed at All Star Music so I can't wait to try out a new resort. YAY!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1452
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

the guy said they were full. we were 4 families booked using one credit card with one agent.
we requests 60's low floor (we had 2 wheelchairs and strollers and old people with bad knees.
We had rooms in the 50, 60, 70 and 80s which i felt was unacceptable.

although he said the resort was full- he found the four rooms together on the third floor of the 50's in the furthest away from the elevators.

it worked though- at least we were together-- this was for the 3rd week in Sept.

check in for us (although we did it online) took 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #1453
kandb
DIS Veteran

We have 2 rooms booked for mid-Sept. for preferred rooms. I read that Casitas 2 if really not that great of a bldg. I would really like Casitas 1. Should I put a request in and say "no casitas 2" or ask specifically for Casitas 1 or 3. I was just wondering if I request Casitas 1 if it is just narrowing it down too much?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #1454
Amyhoff
Mouseketeer

I asked this question on the main board, but I have since found this thread!

If I want to get room service for breakfast, can I order it the night before? What is the earliest it will arrive?

If I have to wait to order until 7am when they open, what is the likely time of arrival for the food?

I'm just thinking of my slow poke kids and it might be nice to eat while we are getting ready for the day.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #1455
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
the guy said they were full. we were 4 families booked using one credit card with one agent.
we requests 60's low floor (we had 2 wheelchairs and strollers and old people with bad knees.
We had rooms in the 50, 60, 70 and 80s which i felt was unacceptable.

although he said the resort was full- he found the four rooms together on the third floor of the 50's in the furthest away from the elevators.

it worked though- at least we were together-- this was for the 3rd week in Sept.

check in for us (although we did it online) took 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Yeah, I can see where accommodating 4 families would be tough if they were full.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: