Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #1411
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1 View Post
Quick question. I called Coronado directly and asked the CM if the fridges in the rooms had a freezer section. She said yes, they did. When I look at photos here though I don't see any. Do some rooms have and some not? Thanks!
Even though you dialed a number that says it is for Coronado Springs, it goes to a call center -- they just answer the phone as though they are at CSR. In reality the CM you spoke to was not and in all likelihood, has never been to CSR and maybe not even been on Disney property before. That's why if you should ever be at ANY Disney resort and have a problem that needs attention, you should go to the front desk directly to speak with someone rather than calling from your room phone. You are more likely to get your issue resolved that way.

There are no freezer compartments in the fridges at CSR, sorry.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1412
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Parked webpage. Nothing on it.
Sorry hotpodscoffee.com
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #1413
Mommee
DIS Veteran

Hi! New to this thread..we've booked Coronado for the first time for free dining in August
I'm working my way through the thread and getting more and more excited! We usually stay DVC but I fell in love when I saw the photos and I'm finally getting to stay there We're a family of 6 so we've booked two connecting rooms.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #1414
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1 View Post
Quick question. I called Coronado directly and asked the CM if the fridges in the rooms had a freezer section. She said yes, they did. When I look at photos here though I don't see any. Do some rooms have and some not? Thanks!

I was excited to freeze a few a few water bottles for bringting to the parks, but alas, in both of my CSR stays, no freezers either time....
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #1415
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommee View Post

Hi! New to this thread..we've booked Coronado for the first time for free dining in August
I'm working my way through the thread and getting more and more excited! We usually stay DVC but I fell in love when I saw the photos and I'm finally getting to stay there We're a family of 6 so we've booked two connecting rooms.
Welcome! We've stayed at CSR nine times and our last two stays have been at DVC (AKL/Kidani and OKW); I would not hesitate to go back to CSR...it's a great resort.

RIP Genie
Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #1416
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I just upgraded our room category to water view for our May trip. Hoping to get
lucky again and get a nice view of the lagoon (and not a pool).
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #1417
coinkc
You can find some hot dates at Six Flags St. Louis!

We are considering switching to CSR for our next trip. One adult, one teenager. We like to be close to the food options and a bus stop. Not big swimmers so being close to a pool is not overly important.

Would 9B be a good building to request? Or is there a better location I should ask for?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #1418
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Cabanas 9B would be the building closest to El Centro that wouldn't be considered preferred with an extra charge. You would be close to bus stop 1.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #1419
rlthomas7
Earning My Ears

cab fares from CSR to other resorts

What's the ballpark cab fare from CSR to other popular resorts? We are trying to finalize our itinerary for our September trip and I know we'll need a cab for our early morning character breakfast at the Beach Club. But for dinners, when we don't relish an hour-plus to get from point A to point B, is it worth it to cab it to a nearby resort? If it's under $10.00, I think it's worthwhile, but having never been do Disney I'm still getting a feel for how far away the resorts are from each other and what the far might be.

And on that note, are there any good restaurants on the 1 credit dining plan that we should consider for dinner? We're already planning on Chef Mickey and the Rainforest Cafe
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #1420
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinkc View Post
We are considering switching to CSR for our next trip. One adult, one teenager. We like to be close to the food options and a bus stop. Not big swimmers so being close to a pool is not overly important.

Would 9B be a good building to request? Or is there a better location I should ask for?

Thanks!
9A would also be a good choice (in case 9B is being used for Convention guests and club service).

RIP Genie
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #1421
aladams2
DIS Veteran

Very odd question for you. . . Approximately how long does it take to eat breakfast at the Peppermarket? We are contemplating QS for our trip b/c of PM. We love our breakfast, but if it is going to take a while to eat, and trying to get to rope drop . . . we may have issues. So it's either PM w/ QS or not eating there at all for breakfast and lunch for us.
Molly 8

2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1422
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Just back from a quick weekend trip - many thanks to Kathy and everyone else for answering questions this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladams2 View Post
Very odd question for you. . . Approximately how long does it take to eat breakfast at the Peppermarket? We are contemplating QS for our trip b/c of PM. We love our breakfast, but if it is going to take a while to eat, and trying to get to rope drop . . . we may have issues. So it's either PM w/ QS or not eating there at all for breakfast and lunch for us.
I haven't been since it switched to a buffet, but since PM is a buffet for breakfast, I would think you are limited only by any line that makes you wait to be seated.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #1423
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladams2 View Post
It's very quick if you avoid the rush. Between 9am and 10am its a madhouse. If you go before 8am or after 10am you should be able to eat as quick as you want. Same at any of the resorts I'm sure.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #1424
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We needed to eat quickly one morning and this is what we did. We avoided the 8-9 rush time...we ate later but you would want to do early for the park. As soon as we sit down, I went to the fruit bar and got a big plate of fruit while my grown son waited and gave our drink order. He then got his food while DS 5 and I munched on the fruit then I went and got our plates and DS5 kept eating the fruit. Quicker for me to get the food and he got extra fruit in him. We ate simple and in and out in less than 30 minutes and were well fed.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #1425
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=rlthomas7;44423591]What's the ballpark cab fare from CSR to other popular resorts? We are trying to finalize our itinerary for our September trip and I know we'll need a cab for our early morning character breakfast at the Beach Club. But for dinners, when we don't relish an hour-plus to get from point A to point B, is it worth it to cab it to a nearby resort? If it's under $10.00, I think it's worthwhile, but having never been do Disney I'm still getting a feel for how far away the resorts are from each other and what the far might be.

Just checked my trip notes from Sept. Cab fare to the Beach Club was $7.05 plus tip, and to the Polynesian it was around $12. I generally end up using a cab at least twice per trip, mostly when changing resorts. Extra money, but
a great time-saver!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: