Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #886
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPE View Post
Lovethattink, thanks so much. I did see a pic on here of a big tree but wasn't sure if it was always up. I also read a few of the trip reports for that time of year and they all sound lovely but none really mentioned NYE. Nice to know Rix has something. From what I've read it's a nightmare in the parks. My thought is to check out a park in the morning/afternoon, head back to the hotel to relax and then have dinner at our hotel or another. Would be great if we could do the hotel we are in and avoid the travel all together. Can kids do rix too or is it adults only?

Yes, the math says it all 2 trips for one. I am just wishy washy, not sure why.....

Thanks again.
Rix Lounge is adults only after a certain time. Here is info from last year's NYE party. It was $90/couple. http://findlocal.orlandosentinel.com...ke-buena-vista

Here are my pics from early December when we first went to the lunch buffet. It's just El Centro, so not sure if they decorated the Dig Site or any of the other buildings.















Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
We leave for DW tonight!!! We will be arriving at MCO at 7am and will finally be able to step foot on CSR property soon! I did online check in with no requests, but secretly hoping for Cabanas close to El Centro. I have a feeling we'll be put in Ranchos which is fine as long as the room is clean. We only need to access Cafe Rix a few times for quick breakfast snacks like muffins, so we will probably just pick up a couple of days worth at once if we end up out in Ranchos.

Soooooooo excited!!!

Any information on items, prices, etc of anything at CSR needed by anyone? We will not be going to Pepper Market so I can't get any info on that but anything else is fair game. Just let me know!
Enjoy your trip!!
lovethattink is online now  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #887
KEPE
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 380

Thanks Lovethattink. great pics. So beautiful. and thanks for the cafe rix info!!

They say this is the busiest time of the year at WDW and yet I am finding such a hard time finding info on NYE.

Enjoy your weekend!
KEPE is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #888
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
We leave for DW tonight!!! We will be arriving at MCO at 7am and will finally be able to step foot on CSR property soon! I did online check in with no requests, but secretly hoping for Cabanas close to El Centro. I have a feeling we'll be put in Ranchos which is fine as long as the room is clean. We only need to access Cafe Rix a few times for quick breakfast snacks like muffins, so we will probably just pick up a couple of days worth at once if we end up out in Ranchos.

Soooooooo excited!!!

Any information on items, prices, etc of anything at CSR needed by anyone? We will not be going to Pepper Market so I can't get any info on that but anything else is fair game. Just let me know!
Have safe travels and a magical trip.
KatMark is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #889
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,844

we're only 79 days away from our 2nd stay at CSR, I cannot wait! Last time we went we LOVED our room location in Cabanas 8A so I'm hoping we can get the same building again. *crossing fingers*
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #890
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran
 
LJSquishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,091

On my way to the airport in two hours! Woo hoo!
__________________


Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is online now  
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #891
L-Harper
DIS Veteran
 
L-Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL {Michigan native}
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
On my way to the airport in two hours! Woo hoo!
Have a magical vacation!!!!
__________________
Me DH DS(6) DS(4)

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #892
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer
 
Dismamx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
On my way to the airport in two hours! Woo hoo!
Have a fab time
__________________
Dismamx2 is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #893
klm7926
Mouseketeer
 
klm7926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 245

I was wondering if someone could help me with travel times from the resort to certain locations so we can plan accordingly.

CSR to Chef Mickey's
CSR to Ohana's

Thanks!!!!
__________________
kristen wife to ryan mom to dominic 8 and lucas 6
may 2011: orange lake country club
march 2012: coronado springs
april 2013: all star sports
klm7926 is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #894
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,727

For both of these you are going to take the MK bus. We found the buses there to be wonderful and only waited very long ONCE, but that could be the time you had to wait. You would want to allow 20-30 minutes to wait on the bus JUST in case you had just missed it another one did not come right away....Allow 15 minute bus ride and time to monorail to your resort (or walk the CM). I would allow at least a hour, but chances are you would be there early.
MSSANDRA is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #895
L-Harper
DIS Veteran
 
L-Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL {Michigan native}
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm7926 View Post
I was wondering if someone could help me with travel times from the resort to certain locations so we can plan accordingly.

CSR to Chef Mickey's
CSR to Ohana's

Thanks!!!!
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

That website is AWESOME! You just put in where you're starting and where you want to go and it gives you different options on how to get there and how long it will take.
__________________
Me DH DS(6) DS(4)

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #896
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

That website is AWESOME! You just put in where you're starting and where you want to go and it gives you different options on how to get there and how long it will take.
I hate to break it to you, but that travel time calculator is not at all accurate. It way over-estimates some times (26 minutes from POR to Epcot, no way!) and under-estimates others.
__________________
maxiesmom is online now  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #897
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

That website is AWESOME! You just put in where you're starting and where you want to go and it gives you different options on how to get there and how long it will take.
There's an app for it too. I have it on my Android phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I hate to break it to you, but that travel time calculator is not at all accurate. It way over-estimates some times (26 minutes from POR to Epcot, no way!) and under-estimates others.
We've only used it a few times and did notice that we were arriving earlier than expected.

However, if I needed to be somewhere for a certain time, I'd much rather be early that late!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #898
bobbigrl27
Mouseketeer
 
bobbigrl27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 133

It's official!

I just booked our first ever stay at CSR! I had originally booked POR but after reading the boards and comparing resorts, I decided to switch. I love the look of the rooms and the fact that they have queen beds. It also sounds like the bus service might be a bit better. I can't wait for April to get here!
bobbigrl27 is offline  
Old 02-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #899
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,130

We are back from 9 nights at CSR. It was our first stay there. Previously we were at Wilderness Lodge and CBR.

We requested 8A or 9B but got neither of our requests. However, we were assigned Casitas bldg 5, 4th floor. We loved Casitas. If I had it to do over again, I would pay extra to be in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. And I think I would request ground floor, although the elevators were fine in bldg 5.

My husband and son visited the quiet pool, but said the water was much warmer at the Dig Site pool. They loved it. My son won a couple prizes. I think one was for doing the macarana dance.

We had the buffet breakfast most days. It was fabulous. It's the only place on Disney property where I've ever found crisp bacon! There were two kinds of breakfast potatoes. Plain, and one with onions and peppers. Plenty of scrambled eggs. Mickey waffles, pancakes. Etc. Lots to pick from. And I liked how it was set up at different stations so there wasn't one long food line.

A couple of days we did snack credits from the grab and go. We got bananas, blueberry muffins, and cereal & milk. It was okay, but we found that we were starving by 9:30 on those days.

We had the buffet lunch a couple times too. Loved the chicken quesadillas. I think I had read somewhere that they serve you, but that was not the case. At all the stations, you serve yourself (except where they make the ommlettes). Also I had to ask for sour cream and they were happy to give me some.

We talked to a lady and expressed how much we enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. She said they may make dinner a buffet eventually. I hope so.

We did seek help from the concierge once and I tried to tip him, but he refused a tip. He checked us in for our flights and printed our boarding passes.

We did the luggage check in the morning of our flight and it was great.

Our room was great. Our 6 year old slept in a rollaway bed. Our only gripe was there didn't seem to be very many channels to watch. But we were too tired to watch much tv anyway.
__________________
Hoosier Mom is offline  
Old 02-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #900
geeech
FLAorBUST
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
We are back from 9 nights at CSR. It was our first stay there. Previously we were at Wilderness Lodge and CBR.

We requested 8A or 9B but got neither of our requests. However, we were assigned Casitas bldg 5, 4th floor. We loved Casitas. If I had it to do over again, I would pay extra to be in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. And I think I would request ground floor, although the elevators were fine in bldg 5.

My husband and son visited the quiet pool, but said the water was much warmer at the Dig Site pool. They loved it. My son won a couple prizes. I think one was for doing the macarana dance.

We had the buffet breakfast most days. It was fabulous. It's the only place on Disney property where I've ever found crisp bacon! There were two kinds of breakfast potatoes. Plain, and one with onions and peppers. Plenty of scrambled eggs. Mickey waffles, pancakes. Etc. Lots to pick from. And I liked how it was set up at different stations so there wasn't one long food line.

A couple of days we did snack credits from the grab and go. We got bananas, blueberry muffins, and cereal & milk. It was okay, but we found that we were starving by 9:30 on those days.

We had the buffet lunch a couple times too. Loved the chicken quesadillas. I think I had read somewhere that they serve you, but that was not the case. At all the stations, you serve yourself (except where they make the ommlettes). Also I had to ask for sour cream and they were happy to give me some.

We talked to a lady and expressed how much we enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. She said they may make dinner a buffet eventually. I hope so.

We did seek help from the concierge once and I tried to tip him, but he refused a tip. He checked us in for our flights and printed our boarding passes.

We did the luggage check in the morning of our flight and it was great.

Our room was great. Our 6 year old slept in a rollaway bed. Our only gripe was there didn't seem to be very many channels to watch. But we were too tired to watch much tv anyway.
Thanks for your TR. It snowed 1/2 inch last night and wind chill has temp around 20 degrees.. This trip couldnt come soon enough. 80 degrees and Dig Site pool here we come!!!
__________________
GEEECH

geeech is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: