Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #871
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherofLandon View Post
I just booked car for the first time. To be totally honest we wanted cbr but went with csr because cbr was out of preferred rooms. My DFIL will be with us during this trip and he is handicap which makes getting around difficult for him. We booked preferred rooms thinking this would keep us close to the action but when I look at the resort map I see that the main building isnt close to the pool. Are we going to have a super walk to the main pool? I know quiet pools are avalible but DS and nephew are going to want to play in the big pool. Thanks! I'm trying to get excited for this hotel and I know you guys are the ones who can get me excited.
I think it would be about an 8-10 minute walk to The Dig Site from the preferred rooms. I am only estimating from reading about the distances. I know it is an 8-10 minute walk from Ranchos to El Centro so I'm just estimating that distance is approximately equal to Preferred rooms to Dig Site.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #872
judaloo
Mouseketeer

We are going 5/27-6/2 for the first time to CSR (can't wait!). I requested the Cabanas section, since it is supposed to be closer to The Dig Site pool. Apparently all of the buses lead to El Centro, so it's recommended to take the bus there if your walk will be long. From everything I've read, Cabanas is the recommended area for famiiles with kids.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #873
KEPE
Mouseketeer

Hi all, hope you are all having fun planning your upcoming trips.

I was at CSR for the first time this past Oct. and we LOVED it. We had a wonderful 1st floor room in cabana's 8-B. Not sure it was consiered garde view or water view, there was a garden outside our room but a stone's through from the lake. Either was amazing location. It was right between the El Centro and the pool and right around the corner from bus stop 4 (I think it was 4). So for sure we loved it. Anyway, planning our second trip, a special trip for my bday in Dec. the week between xmas and New year. We thought maybe we would try a deluxe so we had something to compare our experience to. We are looking at AKL. However, the price is a little nuts compared to what would we pay at CSR and Since we really did love CSR, I'm not sure I can justify paying the extra $$, maybe if we go again during a nonpeak time we can try it. So my questions is..... for those who have been around xmas or new years. Is there anything special that CSR does? Do they do a NY celebration? How are the holiday decorations??

TIA!!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #874
milleali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judaloo View Post
We are going 5/27-6/2 for the first time to CSR (can't wait!). I requested the Cabanas section, since it is supposed to be closer to The Dig Site pool. Apparently all of the buses lead to El Centro, so it's recommended to take the bus there if your walk will be long. From everything I've read, Cabanas is the recommended area for famiiles with kids.
We will be at CSR 5/31 - 6/7 and have also requested Cabanas (first floor). This will be our second trip to CSR. We love the location of the Cabanas. It is ideal for my family since we still have one that will be in a stroller. Cause I do not want to hear "Mommy my feet hurt" from our 5yr old.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #875
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

How are you all submitting your location requests? Email? Fax? When do you send it?

We're going Memorial Day weekend and I want to be sure to get our request in!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 02-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #876
milleali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
How are you all submitting your location requests? Email? Fax? When do you send it?

We're going Memorial Day weekend and I want to be sure to get our request in!
I had the CM note it on my reservation when we booked...it's just a request though not guaranteed!! So I have my fingers crossed that we get Cabanas!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #877
teachergal81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachsmom4 View Post
We stayed at POFQ last year and I used the debit card. They just ran the card to make sure it was valid. There was no hold. I also brought Disney gift cards with me and used those to pay the balance down before they charged my card. That worked out well.
Thanks!!! That's great to know
Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #878
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPE View Post
Hi all, hope you are all having fun planning your upcoming trips.

I was at CSR for the first time this past Oct. and we LOVED it. We had a wonderful 1st floor room in cabana's 8-B. Not sure it was consiered garde view or water view, there was a garden outside our room but a stone's through from the lake. Either was amazing location. It was right between the El Centro and the pool and right around the corner from bus stop 4 (I think it was 4). So for sure we loved it. Anyway, planning our second trip, a special trip for my bday in Dec. the week between xmas and New year. We thought maybe we would try a deluxe so we had something to compare our experience to. We are looking at AKL. However, the price is a little nuts compared to what would we pay at CSR and Since we really did love CSR, I'm not sure I can justify paying the extra $$, maybe if we go again during a nonpeak time we can try it. So my questions is..... for those who have been around xmas or new years. Is there anything special that CSR does? Do they do a NY celebration? How are the holiday decorations??

TIA!!
Typically there is a giant tree in the lobby. This past Christmas they were doing flooring refurbishment so no big tree.

I will search for my Christmas pics on photobucket, they are probably somewhere in this thread too.

If you can get two trips staying at a mod instead of one at a deluxe, I think it makes the math simple...2 trips!!

Rix Lounge will have a special NYE event. You can check out their website to see what will be going on.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #879
denman007

DIS Veteran

What is going on at this resort Nov 10-17 2012 that it is all booked up on Disney web site?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #880
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman007 View Post
What is going on at this resort Nov 10-17 2012 that it is all booked up on Disney web site?
November 2012
Nov 14 - 16, 2012 VUEWorks Users Conference

The link below is a listing of conventions.

http://********************.com/t124...onvention-list

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997

Last edited by Wendy&Grumpy; 02-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #881
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

We leave for DW tonight!!! We will be arriving at MCO at 7am and will finally be able to step foot on CSR property soon! I did online check in with no requests, but secretly hoping for Cabanas close to El Centro. I have a feeling we'll be put in Ranchos which is fine as long as the room is clean. We only need to access Cafe Rix a few times for quick breakfast snacks like muffins, so we will probably just pick up a couple of days worth at once if we end up out in Ranchos.

Soooooooo excited!!!

Any information on items, prices, etc of anything at CSR needed by anyone? We will not be going to Pepper Market so I can't get any info on that but anything else is fair game. Just let me know!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #882
KEPE
Mouseketeer

Lovethattink, thanks so much. I did see a pic on here of a big tree but wasn't sure if it was always up. I also read a few of the trip reports for that time of year and they all sound lovely but none really mentioned NYE. Nice to know Rix has something. From what I've read it's a nightmare in the parks. My thought is to check out a park in the morning/afternoon, head back to the hotel to relax and then have dinner at our hotel or another. Would be great if we could do the hotel we are in and avoid the travel all together. Can kids do rix too or is it adults only?

Yes, the math says it all 2 trips for one. I am just wishy washy, not sure why.....

Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #883
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
We leave for DW tonight!!! We will be arriving at MCO at 7am and will finally be able to step foot on CSR property soon! I did online check in with no requests, but secretly hoping for Cabanas close to El Centro. I have a feeling we'll be put in Ranchos which is fine as long as the room is clean. We only need to access Cafe Rix a few times for quick breakfast snacks like muffins, so we will probably just pick up a couple of days worth at once if we end up out in Ranchos.

Soooooooo excited!!!

Any information on items, prices, etc of anything at CSR needed by anyone? We will not be going to Pepper Market so I can't get any info on that but anything else is fair game. Just let me know!
Have a magical trip! Can't believe it is finally here for you!

If you get the chance, can you check on the roof repairs going on in Ranchos? I haven't heard anyone talk about it, so I'm guessing it is not affecting anyone, but I'm curious. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #884
judaloo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
We will be at CSR 5/31 - 6/7 and have also requested Cabanas (first floor). This will be our second trip to CSR. We love the location of the Cabanas. It is ideal for my family since we still have one that will be in a stroller. Cause I do not want to hear "Mommy my feet hurt" from our 5yr old.
I hear ya! My youngest will be 4 1/2 and he will be strapped in as much as possible! In the event that he isn't, look for me..I'll be the one yelling "Jude"! all the way to the pool...he's a BUSY boy!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #885
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Have a magical trip! Can't believe it is finally here for you!

If you get the chance, can you check on the roof repairs going on in Ranchos? I haven't heard anyone talk about it, so I'm guessing it is not affecting anyone, but I'm curious. Thanks!
Sure thing! I will check out the roof situation in Ranchos while I'm there and report back.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: