Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #856
DisBliss
Earning My Ears

We'll be there in 13 days and I am counting down with my kids by watching a Disney movie per day! Tonight? TS2!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #857
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Besides Pepper Market, isn't Cafe Rix available for a quick lunch? We usually don't do the dining plan and don't want to pay big bucks for the lunch buffet. Arrival day will probably be the only time we will really eat lunch there, as we usually arrive around 1:30 and are pretty hungry.
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #858
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Besides Pepper Market, isn't Cafe Rix available for a quick lunch? We usually don't do the dining plan and don't want to pay big bucks for the lunch buffet. Arrival day will probably be the only time we will really eat lunch there, as we usually arrive around 1:30 and are pretty hungry.
Yes, Cafe Rix is open for lunch. So are the Laguna Bar and Siesta's at the pool.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #859
teachergal81
Earning My Ears

CSR Question

Hi all,
I'm new to the boards, and checking in to CSR next week. Does anyone know how it works to use a debit card at check-in? Will there be a hold for the $1,000 limit put on my card, or will they just test it to see if it is active? I'm not planning on charging anywhere near $1,000 on my KTTW card, but want to be prepared for any possible holds. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #860
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Code:
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Yes, Cafe Rix is open for lunch. So are the Laguna Bar and Siesta's at the pool.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #861
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachergal81 View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the boards, and checking in to CSR next week. Does anyone know how it works to use a debit card at check-in? Will there be a hold for the $1,000 limit put on my card, or will they just test it to see if it is active? I'm not planning on charging anywhere near $1,000 on my KTTW card, but want to be prepared for any possible holds. Thanks for the help!
I don't know for sure - maybe someone else will know. I would expect that if you opt for charging privileges, they will pre-authorize (not sure what the actual term is) $1000 since that is the level at which they charge the card.

Have a magical time!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #862
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I would really love to book CSR for this summer (last week of July) but there's no availability at all, even with regular rack rate. Anyone know why this might be the case? CSR truly is my favorite mod and I doubt like the thought of staying at any of the others, as CSR's rooms are beautiful and the bus service has been consistently great.

Any help would be appreciated!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 02-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #863
teachergal81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I don't know for sure - maybe someone else will know. I would expect that if you opt for charging privileges, they will pre-authorize (not sure what the actual term is) $1000 since that is the level at which they charge the card.

Have a magical time!
Thanks!! Anyone out there know the answer to this one?
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #864
happywifeandmom
Earning My Ears

jaguar slide . . .

considering CSR for this year's trip, but i'm wondering about the water slide. my daughter is on the autism spectrum, so i don't want to let her out of my sight. will i be able to see her from where she enters the slide to when she comes down? may seem silly, but it's important to me.

thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #865
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I would really love to book CSR for this summer (last week of July) but there's no availability at all, even with regular rack rate. Anyone know why this might be the case? CSR truly is my favorite mod and I doubt like the thought of staying at any of the others, as CSR's rooms are beautiful and the bus service has been consistently great.

Any help would be appreciated!
We just recently booked 3 rooms there July 20 - 26. And I just checked online for July 23 - 29 and there was availability. What dates are you trying to book?

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #866
Zachsmom4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachergal81 View Post
Hi all,
We stayed at POFQ last year and I used the debit card. They just ran the card to make sure it was valid. There was no hold. I also brought Disney gift cards with me and used those to pay the balance down before they charged my card. That worked out well.

2/11 - Port Orleans French Quarter
3/12 - Coronado Springs Resort

10/14 - Port Orleans Riverside

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #867
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywifeandmom View Post
considering CSR for this year's trip, but i'm wondering about the water slide. my daughter is on the autism spectrum, so i don't want to let her out of my sight. will i be able to see her from where she enters the slide to when she comes down? may seem silly, but it's important to me.

thanks!
You might be able to see the whole slide from the steps, but you can't see the whole slide from in the pool. The slide is fully open (no tunnels or enclosed places), but it does wind around a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachsmom4 View Post
We stayed at POFQ last year and I used the debit card. They just ran the card to make sure it was valid. There was no hold. I also brought Disney gift cards with me and used those to pay the balance down before they charged my card. That worked out well.
Thanks for posting your experience for teachergal81!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #868
judaloo
Mouseketeer

I second the OP's credit card experience. I had booked a package, which of course was pre-paid. There was no hold on my card, and they only charged my card at checkout for my purchases. I was concerned as it was my debit card!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #869
mmullena70
Mouseketeer

So close!!!

Two more sleeps until we're at CSR!!!!

We've been checking the weather forecasts and it seems like we might get lucky and have warm weather. The kids are so looking forward to the pool!
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #870
MotherofLandon
Mouseketeer

I just booked car for the first time. To be totally honest we wanted cbr but went with csr because cbr was out of preferred rooms. My DFIL will be with us during this trip and he is handicap which makes getting around difficult for him. We booked preferred rooms thinking this would keep us close to the action but when I look at the resort map I see that the main building isnt close to the pool. Are we going to have a super walk to the main pool? I know quiet pools are avalible but DS and nephew are going to want to play in the big pool. Thanks! I'm trying to get excited for this hotel and I know you guys are the ones who can get me excited.

Disney Bucket List
(X)Pop, ( )AoA, (X)COR, (X)CBR, (2014)POLY, (X)BC, ( )AKL, ( )WL, ( )CR, ( )GF

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: