Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #841
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
There is a conference scheduled during our stay - how will this impact our visit to CSR? Thanks,
I'd like to hear other's experience with this as well as there is also a conference scheduled during our stay.

I'm guessing it won't/shouldn't affect much during the day as all the conference folks should be tied up, but food venues & the Rix Lounge at night could get crowded?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #842
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is a conference scheduled during our stay - how will this impact our visit to CSR? Thanks,
We've stayed at CSR 3 times and have a 4th stay planned for June. There have always been conventions going on while we've been there. We've never noticed anything but a little congestion first thing in the morning around the restaurants, and that was only one of the 3 times. It's a big place and most of the conventioneers (we were told) stay in the casitas close to El Centro. We've stayed in all 3 sections and have only noticed one person near our room dressed as if she were headed for meeting at the convention center.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #843
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I'd much rather have lots of convention goers than Pop Warner, teen groups, etc. We can't wait to stay at CSR!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #844
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

One nice thing is the convention people don't ride the buses during the day so there is a lot more room!
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #845
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I'd like to hear other's experience with this as well as there is also a conference scheduled during our stay.

I'm guessing it won't/shouldn't affect much during the day as all the conference folks should be tied up, but food venues & the Rix Lounge at night could get crowded?
We were there in 2007. We did notice that it was very crowded in the mornings by Rix cafe and the coffee window. No biggie. However, we were in Casitas 4 by the quiet pool and they spent their evenings with their families at the pool until 1 am....not being quiet at all! Luckily it was only for 3 nights. And as much as I didn't like it - we love CSR so much that we are going again next September!!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #846
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Coronado nine times and each and every time there has been one or two conventions going on, big and small. We have never had an issue with noise or crowds with the convention people. You might see their family if they brought them at the pool, but the more conventioneers there are, the less crowded the pool and buses are.

RIP Genie
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #847
family3indisney
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
we have stayed durring several conventions at CSR it is so large that we did not notice, except maybe at breakfast. It is worth mentioning that they were adult conventions I think it makes a difference on the age group. we once stayed at CBR and they had a cheerleading convention and it was a nightmare, dont know that I would want to stay if it was a kids or teenager convention/event.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #848
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We went back to the PM on Sunday for lunch. There were 2 conventions going on. We finished our lunch just before this group of convention goers got into line for the PM. I have never seen the PM line this long ever.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #849
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
We went back to the PM on Sunday for lunch. There were 2 conventions going on. We finished our lunch just before this group of convention goers got into line for the PM. I have never seen the PM line this long ever.

Oh my! I hope that it is not like that when we are there!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #850
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Oh my gosh! That is crazy. If I want to wait in a line for food, I'll hop on a bus to the MK for Cosmic Rays!

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #851
Lynzer4
Mouseketeer

I leave in 3 days for CSR (does happy dance)... Anyway can someone please tell (show) me the most recent resort map. I have seen a few different ones... Ones with a lot of buildings numbered with a lot of letters and some without. I requested 9b (cross fingers) but Ive been looking at maps and noticed that on some 9b is way in the back of the 9 section and other maps its the closest over the bridge. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #852
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzer4 View Post
I leave in 3 days for CSR (does happy dance)... Anyway can someone please tell (show) me the most recent resort map. I have seen a few different ones... Ones with a lot of buildings numbered with a lot of letters and some without. I requested 9b (cross fingers) but Ive been looking at maps and noticed that on some 9b is way in the back of the 9 section and other maps its the closest over the bridge. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks
Maybe we will see you there. We leave the day after tomorrow. We booked a preferred room and requested Casitas 3. We will have cheer t-shirts on. Our teams are at ASSP and the moms are at CSR where it will be quieter.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #853
emcclay
Mouseketeer

In October, there were a couple conferences going on at the same time I was there. We went to DTD one night, and Burlington Coat Factory employees were on the bus back to CSR begging people to shop at BCF so they could return to Disney next year.

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #854
AngelCTMH
Earning My Ears

We will be there in just 7 more days! Can't wait. It will be our first stay there.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #855
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzer4 View Post

Thanks
This is the best map for building numbers:

The other map on the first page (post #4) is useful for its detail, but not as useful for determining building numbers.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: