Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #826
joannalh
Mouseketeer

Were you trying to book with free dining or some other promotion? If so it might be that no regular rooms are available at the promotional rate, but they are available at the regular rate. That's what happened when I booked.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #827
opal6779
Earning My Ears

Nope :-( At the moment I don't have a pin code and there was no special promotion going on for that period yet (CSR said it was too soon really for the promotions for those dates - but when they do come out we can apply). We were booking at rack rates and were still told nothing was available.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #828
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

My DH and I decided last week that we were going back to Disney for my son's 13th birthday! The only problem is that is in September 2013!!!
I contacted my TA who laughed at me
She told me to call back in the summer...GRRRR

I decided that no one was going to stop me from planning my trip so I made a ticker and have already planned out our ADR!!

I have scoured 35 of 56 pages of this report (1-25 then 45-56!) and will finish the rest tomorrow!

We were at CSR in September 2007 and had an awesome time! We were in Casistas 4 (4226!) and will try for the same room.

I love the DISboards and thank all of you for helping our trips extra special!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #829
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal6779 View Post
I'm really dissapointed! We needed 2 rooms and they told us there were no available rooms! Only suites which we don't want to do. :-( So we are now booked at Carribean Beach but I am a little dissapointed. I don't know if there is a convention there or if it's just a busy time of the year, I didn't think it was?
Keep trying!!! Rooms open up all the time... There's probably a big convention going on.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #830
PlaidPixie
Pixies Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal6779 View Post
I'm really dissapointed! After researching all the Mod. resorts and even the new Art of Animation we had our hearts set on Coronado Springs. We went to Disney for the first time as a family 2 years ago and stayed at POFQ and I loved it but wanted to try something different and Coronado Springs looks perfect. So we called Disney a couple nights to book our vacation for this year 11/28-12/4 and Coronado Springs was unavailable. We needed 2 rooms and they told us there were no available rooms! Only suites which we don't want to do. :-( So we are now booked at Carribean Beach but I am a little dissapointed. I don't know if there is a convention there or if it's just a busy time of the year, I didn't think it was?
All I'm seeing at the moment are suites, you're right. Keep checking back, or have your agent check back. It may well open up closer to the date. So disappointing!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #831
PlaidPixie
Pixies Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
My DH and I decided last week that we were going back to Disney for my son's 13th birthday! The only problem is that is in September 2013!!!
I contacted my TA who laughed at me
She told me to call back in the summer...GRRRR

I decided that no one was going to stop me from planning my trip so I made a ticker and have already planned out our ADR!!

I have scoured 35 of 56 pages of this report (1-25 then 45-56!) and will finish the rest tomorrow!

We were at CSR in September 2007 and had an awesome time! We were in Casistas 4 (4226!) and will try for the same room.

I love the DISboards and thank all of you for helping our trips extra special!
Good for you! Disney's system doesn't have dates loaded that far out, unfortunately...January 2013 is just now coming available to book, which can be really frustrating if you know when you want to be there! But you've got the right attitude, and you'll be ready to pounce as soon as the booking window opens. Fun stuff!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #832
Kristinluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeech View Post
Hi All

Will be arriving to CSR on the 15th. If someone already there or just leaving could give me a resort pool report that would be great. lookin like it will be upper 70s day upper 50s night. Crowd at pools? nightswimming? Any info would be appreciated. TY!
My sister and her husband just came back from CSR 4 days ago and they had upper 70's sometimes low 80's during the day and she said they did use the pool and the water was like bath water. Hope that helps a little and go enjoy the pool. I know we will when we get there very soon.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #833
digiMom
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share. We visited DW a little over a week ago. Grandma (my mom) took the kids (DD 15 & DS 11)/I covered myself. We stayed at POP, which was nice. I know I'm going back with the family (DH this time) probably in 2014. So we visited some resorts we're interested in. Now that we've had a few "all day in the parks"-type of vacations, I'm ready for something that will be more laid back on occasion. We visited POR (which I liked), POFQ (which I didn't; felt too conjested), and CSR (which I fell in love with). Loved the atmosphere, palm trees, PM's lunch buffet was awesome (on QSDP). I talked with the hostess and she told me the buffet was continuing. We were able to serve ourselves. She wasn't sure if dinner would switch over to a buffet or stay the same. I can see how staying there without the meal plan could get frustrating, though.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #834
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Need some input please... we are booked at the CSR for June 3-10 with what was a family of 5 not we are a family of 3. Us, the grandparents and granddaughter age 7. We have not stayed at the CSR before and so are a little unsure - were thinking of switching to the POFQ which is "smaller" so we wouldn't be so overwhelmed. However, all the great reviews of CSR makes me think twice.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #835
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I was thinking of switching from POP to CSR. We stayed there before and really liked it. However, I don't care for the buffet plan they now have for breakfast. We don't want to use 4 dining credits to eat there, yet the cafe they have doesn't offer the things we want to eat in the morning. I'm disappointed.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #836
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
Need some input please... we are booked at the CSR for June 3-10 with what was a family of 5 not we are a family of 3. Us, the grandparents and granddaughter age 7. We have not stayed at the CSR before and so are a little unsure - were thinking of switching to the POFQ which is "smaller" so we wouldn't be so overwhelmed. However, all the great reviews of CSR makes me think twice.
We've stayed at POFQ the past 2 years. Absolutely loved it and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It is very compact, easy to navigate and we love the boat to DTD as we spend most evenings there. We originally had CSR booked 2 years ago but, remember the vastness of the resort, I switched to POFQ. That said, I'm very excited to stay at CSR again after 10 years. Yes, it's a big resort with some walking. If you're looking to be close to the main lobby, you may want to spring for a preferred room. It's a little bit of a walk to the main pool but, if your okay with one of the quiet pools, you'll be close to one. Also, CSR isn't as "Disney" as POFQ. It's a little more adult oriented but, if you're planning on spending most of your time at the parks, you may not mind that.
Honestly, you won't go wrong with either resort. They're both fabulous.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #837
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Accessible Rooms

I know many of the resorts have been rehabbed and now have roll in shower rooms with 2 Queen beds - does Coronado Springs have these available yet or will we need to reserve a King room in order to have a roll in shower?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #838
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I know many of the resorts have been rehabbed and now have roll in shower rooms with 2 Queen beds - does Coronado Springs have these available yet or will we need to reserve a King room in order to have a roll in shower?
As far as I know, the only accessible rooms at CSR have a king bed. There is one accessible junior suite, which would have a king bed and a pullout in the living room.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #839
mommy.foster.6
Earning My Ears

Today I had my TA upgrade our resort from POP to CSR, and after viewing this thread am so happy I did! I love the pics, the theming, just all of it looks beautiful!

This will be dh and my first adults only trip, our anniversary, and our 3rd trip to the world! We'll be there in april, and have booked a king water view room.....does that usually mean a good area? We'll have a rental car with us as well.

I'm so excited!!!

Our 1st DisneyWorld trip! Off Property-June 2010

Shades of Green and MNSSHP! Sept. 2011

Our 5yr anniversary trip! April 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #840
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

There is a conference scheduled during our stay - how will this impact our visit to CSR? Thanks,
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: