Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #781
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Thank you for those quick answers, I'm happy to hear we'll be able to get some fresh fruit in the mornings as I LOVE fruit but didn't really want to carry it back from the snack carts in the parks
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #782
BurghRocks
Earning My Ears

Parking at CSR

Hey all, thanks for the awesome thread on CSR! I've read through a sizeable portion of it but I'm hoping someone can give an answer on my question. My situation is I want to be close to the Dig Site for my DD 8 and DD 7 but I also want to be close to a place to fill our mugs. We will be driving down so we will have our own vehicle, it looks like from the maps that there are parking areas next to each section, which is convenient. I don't think we will even take a bus so that transportation issue is not important, its really ease of getting to the pool and a place to fill our mugs after a long day at the park. I thought I had read that there was a QS near the Dig Site, is that true and if so, would that work? If that is a good place to go, does anyone know what time they close?

Thanks so much for the help!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #783
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

real bacon???

I saw a picture of a breakfast sandwich from Cafe Rix and it had REAL bacon on it - not the paper thin bacon that the rest of WDW serves. I also saw some real bacon on a plate from the Pepper Market. I have heard that WDW does not run the restaurants at Coronado Springs and wondered if that meant that they do indeed have REAL yummy bacon. Can anyone confirm this??? Bacon

Of course, pictures are appreciated

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #784
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghRocks View Post
Hey all, thanks for the awesome thread on CSR! I've read through a sizeable portion of it but I'm hoping someone can give an answer on my question. My situation is I want to be close to the Dig Site for my DD 8 and DD 7 but I also want to be close to a place to fill our mugs. We will be driving down so we will have our own vehicle, it looks like from the maps that there are parking areas next to each section, which is convenient. I don't think we will even take a bus so that transportation issue is not important, its really ease of getting to the pool and a place to fill our mugs after a long day at the park. I thought I had read that there was a QS near the Dig Site, is that true and if so, would that work? If that is a good place to go, does anyone know what time they close?

We've always had our car at CSR too. Building 8A and B and 7B would put you closest to the Dig Site. Siestas is open 'til different times depending on the time of year. We found it to be closed by 9pm many nights we stayed there in August. I think it closes an hour before the lifeguards go off duty, but I could be wrong.

When we stayed in the Ranchos we actually drove our car to El Centro for refills at night, and a gelato at Cafe Rix.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #785
LoriNKY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghRocks View Post

About busses: We always drive down to WDW, but honestly the busses are more convenient for getting to the parks than driving there. We ended up driving to all the parks last year because the Pop Century bus situation is awful, but we missed the convenience of the busses. Even with two strollers.

Mom to two little princesses
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #786
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

The buses at CSR are the BEST. It is so easy and quick to use them. We never even move our car there. The dig site is pretty much as far from the refillable mug station as you can get. I would suggest sometime closer to the central building rather than the dig site. It is a pretty and easy walk there but I would rather do the walk during the day with maybe one trip to the playground than have to walk many times a day, and maybe late AM or PM to refill your mugs.

The Dig Site at the play ground is fun....However it is really just a big sandbox. I would not pencil in too much time for 7-8 year old to spend there. The pool however has a killer slide they will LOVE!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #787
disney debi
Mouseketeer

Wow! This is an awesome thread. I have been reading for hours and hours. lol. I have been looking for lots of info on CS as we just switched from POP for our upcoming trip 4/20 thru 4/29. It is just me and dh for this trip and the more adult atmosphere and the queen beds were calling out to me! We were able to take advantage of the spring promo and the upcharge was only $200. Actually it will only cost an extra $100 because we would have had to pay for the refrig @ POP. Was a little disappointed that bikes are no longer available. Think we will just go with the luck of the draw for room location. Thanks for sharing all of this incredible information. Very excited to try out CS!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #788
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a really nice photo of Cabanas 8A? Facing it from off the sandy beach area by that last hammock?

I'm finally starting our scrapbook and somehow we came home with a photo of Cabana 8B instead.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #789
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

100 Days from today back at Coronado!
AKV DVC Owner
Old 01-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #790
nahla1204
Mouseketeer

Are there age limits for the waterslide? I have three 4-year-olds. Will they be able to go down?

May 2012 POP :: 1999 off site :: 1998 CBR :: 1988 off site :: 1985 off site

Me35 DS4 DS4 DS4
Old 01-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #791
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahla1204 View Post
Are there age limits for the waterslide? I have three 4-year-olds. Will they be able to go down?
They will, but they must go down by themselves, one at a time. You can't go double. There are life-jackets available, though, and you can wait near (but not AT) the bottom of the slide to watch for them.

The slide is a lot of fun - we all love it!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #792
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Help! I am looking for a sample room request letter that I used the last time I stayed at Coronado Springs. I got it off of the old CSR thread but I have searched there and on this thread with no luck. I have switched computers since my last CSR visit and I didn't keep a copy of it.

We got our room request last time and I am hoping if I use the same format it will happen again.

I would really appreciate it if someone can post a sample letter they have used to request rooms. Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #793
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post
Help! I am looking for a sample room request letter that I used the last time I stayed at Coronado Springs. I got it off of the old CSR thread but I have searched there and on this thread with no luck. I have switched computers since my last CSR visit and I didn't keep a copy of it.

We got our room request last time and I am hoping if I use the same format it will happen again.

I would really appreciate it if someone can post a sample letter they have used to request rooms. Thanks!!
Disney resorts no longer accept faxes or mail requesting room location requests. If you would like to make a request, you will need to phone the call center and a CM can note your request on your reservation. Try and be as simple with your request as you can, and limit requests to one or two, such as "Cabanas" or "near main building".

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #794
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Does anyone know how to link to a single post?
Not sure if you still need the answer to this, I didn't see a reply. If you click on the post number, the post will pop up in single post form. You can copy and paste from there. The link will take you directly to that single post.

I just got my Disney packet for our April trip at CSR today! I'm so excited to stay here again. It's been so long since I was there last. I did take advantage of the AP discount and popped for the preferred king room. I assume this will be in the Casitas section?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #795
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I had lunch again today at the Pepper Market. Everything was now self serve, except the ice cream and cake. We arrived shortly before closing. By 2:15pm, all stations were cleared of food. Our server gave us the heads up a few minutes before.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: