Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #751
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Quickest would be a personal car or a taxi. Even so, I think you need to park/get dropped off in the Ft. Wilderness lot and take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall.

Alternatively, you could take a bus to MK then take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. I think the boat drops off near HDDR, so no internal bus needed.
yes, if you take the boat from MK (no park ticket needed), it is a very short walk to pioneer hall. last trip we went over there just to eat at Trail's end for their buffet.. quite a deal! and it's a nice boat ride, if you're not in a hurry and panicking
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #752
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Here you go:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_salon.asp

I've had a massage eight of my nine stays at CSR. A great to revigorate for the remainder of my trip.

Thank you so much for the link. A massage after the drive down sounds absolutely heavenly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #753
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Thank you - I should have specified that we will not have a car. So it seems like if we are pressed for time then we should take a cab. If not bus to MK, then boat.

How often to the boats run? Do they run at a specific time like on the hour, half hour, etc.?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #754
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post
Thank you - I should have specified that we will not have a car. So it seems like if we are pressed for time then we should take a cab. If not bus to MK, then boat.

How often to the boats run? Do they run at a specific time like on the hour, half hour, etc.?
I think it makes a continuous loop - MK, Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure how long the loop takes, though.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #755
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

just booked Coronado Springs and wanted to thank you for the lovely pictures...we are very exited!! We are on free QSDP and heard somewhere else that the Pepper Market is now a buffet and it is inluded in QSDP? Can someone tell me more about this buffet?

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #756
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The fitness center at CSR is great!

Let us know what you decide, and welcome.
Quote:
to the CSR thread! Just so you know, CBR still has double beds, while CSR has queens. The double beds would be a deal-breaker for us, so I thought I would mention it.

Ask any questions you have - someone is sure to know the answer!
Thank you!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #757
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
just booked Coronado Springs and wanted to thank you for the lovely pictures...we are very exited!! We are on free QSDP and heard somewhere else that the Pepper Market is now a buffet and it is inluded in QSDP? Can someone tell me more about this buffet?
Pepper Market is a buffet during breakfast and lunch and is a great value on the dining plan because it is all-you-care-to-eat for 1 CS/QS credit per person. Dinner is currently not a buffet, it is the old way where you just order your one entree item, but it is also a CS/QS credit so you will be able to eat there for any meal of the day. You can also get quick breakfast sandwiches, etc at Cafe Rix for a CS/QS credit or use snack credits for muffins, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit, etc for breakfast if you don't want a large meal in the mornings.

Somewhere in this thread there are photos of the buffet...I can't remember if there are photos of both breakfast and lunch or just lunch. Maybe someone will chime in! I am now thinking about trying the breakfast buffet in 2 weeks on our early arrival day because we will be starving I think.

Last edited by LJSquishy; 01-25-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #758
geeech
FLAorBUST

ME for the first time

Hi all. Staying at CSR and using ME for the fist time. Our flight lands aprox 915am. Can anyone give me an aprox time I would be at CSR? Plz incl airport time and shuttle to resort. Many thx.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #759
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Pepper Market is a buffet during breakfast and lunch and is a great value on the dining plan because it is all-you-care-to-eat for 1 CS/QS credit per person. Dinner is currently not a buffet, it is the old way where you just order your one entree item, but it is also a CS/QS credit so you will be able to eat there for any meal of the day. You can also get quick breakfast sandwiches, etc at Cafe Rix for a CS/QS credit or use snack credits for muffins, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit, etc for breakfast if you don't want a large meal in the mornings.

Somewhere in this thread there are photos of the buffet...I can't remember if there are photos of both breakfast and lunch or just lunch. Maybe someone will chime in! I am now thinking about trying the breakfast buffet in 2 weeks on our early arrival day because we will be starving I think.
Post #604 has the pictures of the lunch buffet that I posted. I tried to quote it and wasn't able to for some reason??

StitchandPooh'smom, anyway you can add the buffet pics to the beginning of the thread?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #760
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
You can link your reservations together and they will try to locate you near each other. You have enough people to be a grand gathering, and I think there is a separate number you can call.

CSR does have its own bus for each park.
Just to clarify--On Jan 28, Disney will discontinue Grand Gatherings. The information is here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Grandgathering.htm

Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #761
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Post #604 has the pictures of the lunch buffet that I posted. I tried to quote it and wasn't able to for some reason??

StitchandPooh'smom, anyway you can add the buffet pics to the beginning of the thread?
If Kathy can help me - I am photographically challenged.

I think she is in WDW now, but hopefully she can help when she gets back.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 01-25-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #762
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Just to clarify--On Jan 28, Disney will discontinue Grand Gatherings. The information is here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/Grandgathering.htm
I thought it was just the special activities that were being discontinued. I thought you could still do a booking as a GG so you could link the rooms.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #763
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeech View Post
Hi all. Staying at CSR and using ME for the fist time. Our flight lands aprox 915am. Can anyone give me an aprox time I would be at CSR? Plz incl airport time and shuttle to resort. Many thx.
The average time to the resort is about 75-90 minutes. The ME bus will go to about three resorts - it depends how quickly the bus fills and in which order it drops off.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #764
nahla1204
Mouseketeer

So, we are currently booked into POP for our May trip but I am thinking that maybe an upgrade to CSR is in order. I'm wondering what all of you Disney Resort guru's think of that. I've been to Disney 4 times but only stayed on site once and that was at CBR. We liked it, but I think CSR looks nicer. We'll be travelling with 4 adults and 3 four-year-olds.

The things I like about CSR that POP doesnt have are the water slide at the main pool, the hot tub (to relax sore feet), and the queen size beds. We do plan on taking breaks every day to spend a little time at the resort.

I am a little confused at how their food system works. I've read things that say they are a-la-carte and others that they have buffets. And I'm not sure how their food court compares to POP, since I believe POP has the best rated one.

So, thats it. Just looking for some input on whether you think it would be worth it to upgrade or better just to stay at POP.

Thanks!
Kim

May 2012 POP :: 1999 off site :: 1998 CBR :: 1988 off site :: 1985 off site

Me35 DS4 DS4 DS4
Old 01-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #765
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Is it a lot more to upgrade for you guys?

The reason I booked CSR is because to me it had more of an adult feel to it and since it's just my mum(51) and I(29) that's perfect for us.

The foodcourt is now a buffet, costing you 1 counter service credit on the dining plan for breakfast or lunch.
breakfast costs $14.99 for an adult, and $8.99 for a child. The lunch buffet costs $16.99 for an adult and $9.99 for a child.
Dinner is still served a la carte.

I personally am hoping to take a trip to POP's foodcourt for the tie dye cheesecake and/or ice cream sundaes ;-
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: