Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #736
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drscholls View Post
It is an option at CSR but not worth the 2 credits.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
What are some of the activities that CSR has to offer? I see that there is a nightly camp fire and movie by the pool. Is there anything else? Especially for younger kids, 2 and 4 year old boys.
Besides a great playground by the pool, the CMs usually play games with the kids in the afternoon for small prizes. There is the pool opening ceremony at ten each morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21 View Post
Hello all! I've been reading this thread for a couple of days. We are planning a big family vacation (16 people in all) for November 2013. My family DH and 2DDs have been twice in the last 3 years but the rest of my family has NEVER been! Very excited!!! I'm really leaning towards CSR, based on everything I've read for the moderate level. if we are looking at 6 or 7 different reservations, do you think it would be possible to be in the same general area? If not, it's not the end of the world.

I've read a lot about the buses - does CSR have it's own bus for each park? Not as concerned about DD route.

Thank you - to all of you for running this awesome thread! The pictures, info and general comments are so beneficial!!!

So excited.....can't wait til 2013!
You can link your reservations together and they will try to locate you near each other. You have enough people to be a grand gathering, and I think there is a separate number you can call.

CSR does have its own bus for each park.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #737
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We found the buses amazing. Better even than the Deluxe. they do not share buses with anyone. There are 4 stops around the resort and you can choose the one closest to you. We were closest to the main building and while it was the last stop, it was never crowded. I think that many of the resort guest are convention goers and maybe the buses get less use. Only once the entire week did we wait more than a very few minutes on a bus both to and from all the parks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #738
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
I have been to the Coronado many times but still have a few questions and if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Has anyone sent a package in advance and if so, how did it work out? How far in advance did you send the package and did you have to pay for them to hold it?

I am thinking of sending a few supplies to save on baggage costs and hassle.

How do the new movies by the pool work? What time are they?

I have never been the week preceeding Easter before, are there any special decorations or activities at the resort?

Does anyone know the approximate cost of cab fare from CSR to the Polynesian?

I love CSR...stayed 7 times over the last ten years. I can't wait to be back.
I haven't ever shipped a package, but as far as I know, there is a charge if you send a package FEDEX or UPS. There is not a charge if you ship USPS.

I think the movie times vary based on the season. Someone posted a schedule - I'll try to find it.

Not sure about the Easter activities!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #739
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

I'm joining along. Maybe for a week, maybe for months Our family is deciding between CSR and CBR. I thought we were going to CBR but my brother asked to stay somewhere with a fitness center. Since we wanted to stay at a moderate, CSR is the only one. I'm waiting to hear back to see if everyone is good with CSR but it's leaning that way. For now, just thought I'd say hi and keep an eye out on the thread. Once we make a decision, I might be asking a LOT of questions!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +

Last edited by Tinkerbellie16; 01-24-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: got cbr & csr mixed up!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #740
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I'm joining along. Maybe for a week, maybe for months Our family is deciding between CSR and CBR. I thought we were going to CBR but my brother asked to stay somewhere with a fitness center. Since we wanted to stay at a moderate, CSR is the only one. I'm waiting to hear back to see if everyone is good with CSR but it's leaning that way. For now, just thought I'd say hi and keep an eye out on the thread. Once we make a decision, I might be asking a LOT of questions!
The fitness center at CSR is great!

Let us know what you decide, and welcome.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #741
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any information on the spa services? I know I saw pictures of massage tables and a tanning bed. I'd love to know how much those cost and if there are any other services offered. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #742
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Wierd question: Has anyone ever asked to be downgraded at check in? We have 2 rooms booked. The first night is room only, and all we could get was water-view. The following 5 nights we have a package, and are booked into standard rooms. I hoping they may be nice and not make us switch rooms, but we would have to be downgraded the first night. Anyone ever done something like that?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #743
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe2 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the spa services? I know I saw pictures of massage tables and a tanning bed. I'd love to know how much those cost and if there are any other services offered. Thanks.

Here you go:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_salon.asp

I've had a massage eight of my nine stays at CSR. A great to revigorate for the remainder of my trip.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #744
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
to the CSR thread! Just so you know, CBR still has double beds, while CSR has queens. The double beds would be a deal-breaker for us, so I thought I would mention it.

Ask any questions you have - someone is sure to know the answer!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #745
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Are there a lot of conferences going on in October? I tried to see what the price would be for the third week of October this year and the only options it gave me for room availabilty are king, water view king, preferred room king, junior suite king, 1 brdm suite king, casitas 1 bdrm suite, and casitas executive suites.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #746
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Are there a lot of conferences going on in October? I tried to see what the price would be for the third week of October this year and the only options it gave me for room availabilty are king, water view king, preferred room king, junior suite king, 1 brdm suite king, casitas 1 bdrm suite, and casitas executive suites.
This is what I have found so far for October:

October 11-13 - HENAAC 2012 Conference
October 14-18, FAA Managers Association Gathering of Eagles

They are probably holding a large block of rooms for the conventions. I can't find online when registration closes for the FAA convention - the block would likely be released at that time.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #747
geeech
FLAorBUST

Arriving Soon..

This will be our first stay at CSR, stayed at POR back in 2001. I want to thank everyone for this thread as it has helped us planning a great Deal. Thanks you guys are awesome!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #748
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Question - what is the quickest way to get to the Hoop De Review from CSR?

We are heading back in June for our second stay at CSR. We loved our first stay there in 2010. We chose CSR because of all the great things posted on this thread and we were not disappointed. I need to know the quickest rout to Hoop De Doo because we are spending the day at Discovery Cove and I think we might be pressed for time.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #749
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post

We are heading back in June for our second stay at CSR. We loved our first stay there in 2010. We chose CSR because of all the great things posted on this thread and we were not disappointed. I need to know the quickest rout to Hoop De Doo because we are spending the day at Discovery Cove and I think we might be pressed for time.
Quickest would be a personal car or a taxi. Even so, I think you need to park/get dropped off in the Ft. Wilderness lot and take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall.

Alternatively, you could take a bus to MK then take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. I think the boat drops off near HDDR, so no internal bus needed.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #750
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post

ok, you want to go to the Hoop De Doo Revue:
do you have a car? the fastest way might just be to drive. or take a taxi.. but you still would need to use the internal bus system at Fort Wilderness.
because the parking lot is right off of the road, and the show is near Bay Lake.

most people take the bus from CSR, then the boat over to Fort wilderness. leave at least an hour and a half... our first time we were coming from Pop century.. because we had to wiat for a couple Ecvs (which you should always plan for) we arrived about 15 minutes late. you nwever know with disney transportation.. OR, if you JUST miss one of the boats, it can be a wait for the next boat.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: