Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #691
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Only 22 or so days to go for me!

Is there any specific information people are wondering about in regards to CSR such as item prices, selection, etc on certain things? I am volunteering myself to find out whatever you want to know or take photos of anything.
It is 21 days for me. Look for us at the pool if it is above 70 degrees. 3 moms with no kids this trip
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #692
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotminnie View Post
It is 21 days for me. Look for us at the pool if it is above 70 degrees. 3 moms with no kids this trip
That sounds like a fun trip!!! It will just be my husband and I; we don't have kids and we are super excited! Did you make a room request? I decided to just leave it up to fate and if I hate the location I will just ask if they have any availability elsewhere but I'm not too picky really!

Me-29: -&- DH-34:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #693
smidgy
dimples

any reports about the roof construction in the ranchos section?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #694
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
That sounds like a fun trip!!! It will just be my husband and I; we don't have kids and we are super excited! Did you make a room request? I decided to just leave it up to fate and if I hate the location I will just ask if they have any availability elsewhere but I'm not too picky really!

Our girls are all competing in the high school cheerleading championships. They are at ASSP. We want to stay where it is quiet so away from the teams. We have requested Castitas 3. I am so hoping for warm sunny days!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #695
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
After several WDW trips, I've come to realize that distance to the main building is an important factor to me when choosing a resort. And it's a contributing factor to how much I enjoy my resort stay. It's one reason why I like the compactness of POFQ a lot too. For future trips, I think I'll alternate between CSR and POFQ. They're both great resorts!
That's the way I feel and I do the same thing. I love CSR, but am terrified of being stuck out in the Ranchos and I love the compactness of POFQ (plus the boat to DTD). If there was some way to guarantee my beloved Cabanas, I'd spend every trip at CSR.

As it is, for the most part I have a tendency to switch between the two. I was at CSR in Sept and then again in Nov/Dec though. I currently have reservations for POFQ Feb 4th-11th, (wanted CSR but it wasn't available under the AP discount I used), CSR in May (wanted POFQ that trip, but it wasn't available under the bounceback deal I used), POFQ Sept 1st-8th, and POFQ Oct 27th-Nov 3rd (wanted CSR that trip, but couldn't get it under the bounce back code I booked with).
Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #696
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Looking at my new emailed bill.

Question: is there anyway to tell if if I have a Preferred Room or not? Looking at the breakdown, I can't tell. When I first made the ressie the lady put it down. It says everything else but.. :lol:

Just bragging now. When I first booked my trip was just over $4800 (no discounts, rack rate). Applied the public discount, dropped it down to $4395. Got a Free Dining PIN yesterday and it dropped down to just over $4000 total. Never thought I would be happy to see free dining.
AKV DVC Owner
Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #697
Skye23
Mouseketeer

Not to go offtopic but to the poster asking about razors/shaving cream - there is always the Schick Intuition line of disposable razors - they have the shaving cream built in in the form of a disk of "soap" around the razor head. No liquid or gel for the TSA to worry about, just keep the razor head in its original packaging which is about 3x2x1 inches and the handle can go separate. There's a small chance some over-zealous TSA agent might want to take it, but as others have noted disposable razors are allowed. I find each razor is good for about 3 shaves for me (underarms and legs) but my hair is pretty thick so you might get more out of one. I'll be taking one of these when we go in February.

and eat Disney World - 2012 Dining Reviews
February 2012 - Coronado Springs
June 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #698
Jenzerbenz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
That's a really interesting question. Sitewide, buffets are free for kids under three, and kids 3 to 9 pay the child's price. I expect Pepper Market would be the same. But, PM is not owned by Disney, and the signs state children "under 9" (not even nine and under). I can't imagine you would have to pay for a two year old, but I'm not sure anyone has reported back with any experience. Especially since kids under three can't even purchase the Dining Plan, I think that the buffet at Pepper Market would follow the same rules for pricing. But I can't guarantee it - has there ever been a buffet at Disney at a restaurant that Disney doesn't own?

If I had to bet, though, I'd bet you wouldn't have to pay for a two year old. Seems like Disney would try to keep some consistency.

Cafe Rix has fruit (and I think small containers of milk, but I can't remember). Panchitos sells larger containers of milk that you could keep in your room.
Thanks StitchandPooh'sMom,
We will be there the end of March and if I can get my brain to work for a few minutes, I will report back and let you know.

Me DH DD DD
Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #699
BarbieGal457
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Shaving razors can be taken in carry-on luggage (it says disposable razors and their cartridges are permitted, but DH takes his Gillette Fusion with replaceable blades). Here is the link:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

You can take shaving cream as well, but it has to be less than 100 ml (3.4 ounces) and has to be in a quart ziploc bag. Travel-sized shaving cream is under the limit (DH's Fusion is 2.5 oz.). All of your liquids, gels and aerosols have to fit in the bag, though (one per person). Medications are exempt and are not subject to the 3-1-1 rule, but you do have to have them visible for inspection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post
To add what KatMark wrote: they do sell razors at Panchitos. I forgot mine and had to buy one. If I remember right it was two, two blade disposables. It was Disney priced. $4+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I don't know about the razors, but I do know that my DH forgot shaving cream once and we had to buy some at Panchitos. As for the hair products, at the Coronado (the only moderate to do so), they are an individual bottle of shampoo and an individual bottle of conditioner. They are NOT combined in one bottle. You can always ask mousekeeping for more. I'm headed down next week for six days and I'm only briniging a small, airline allowable bottle of shampoo and conditioner and will use the resorts if I run out.
Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'll pack them instead. It might just be easier in the long run as I really don't want to keep running to the store if I've forgotten anything else!

I'm also happy to hear it's not the shampoo/conditioner combo bottle, as even though every inch of me loves Disney, my hair wasn't a fan of that!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #700
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Jumping in because we have finally had the first snowfall here in MA and driving last night was no fun. Bet you can guess what I dreamed about last night........... If you guessed my trip to Disney and CSR in 6 weeks you would be right!! It can't come quick enough!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #701
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

what drinks are included for breakfast and lunch buffets?
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #702
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Your typical non- alcohol drinks....Juices and milk at breakfast (they had chocolate too, soft drinks, coffee, tea. Don't think there was any smoothies or anything like that.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #703
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
Jumping in because we have finally had the first snowfall here in MA and driving last night was no fun. Bet you can guess what I dreamed about last night........... If you guessed my trip to Disney and CSR in 6 weeks you would be right!! It can't come quick enough!!!
We're getting that snow now and it is not going to be a pleasant rush hour. I wish I had gone to Disney yesterday rather than leaving next Thursday. Oh well, I'll be there in six days.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #704
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
Your typical non- alcohol drinks....Juices and milk at breakfast (they had chocolate too, soft drinks, coffee, tea. Don't think there was any smoothies or anything like that.
Fab, that will suit us just fine. We only need some coffee and juice for breakfast and softdrinks are fine for lunch. I'm hoping to hit each buffet once on our trip since we have the free dining.
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #705
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

Hi,
Hoping that someone here can give me some info. My parents just decided that they want to do a big trip with the kids/grandkids (1st week of august)
Over the weekend I was looking online and getting some ideas of cost for them.

CS's was one of the resorts we were looking at and I priced out rooms. Today when I look if I put in for 2 adults 2 kids, the only options are junior suites. While that might be nice for all us, it's too much $. (we need 3 rooms with 2 beds and 1 for my parents which could be 2 or1)

Anyway, I was wondering if they hold rooms to release later or if once they are gone they're gone? My dad will call to make all the reservations anyway, but I was just seeing if we should look into another resort?
Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: