Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #481
MaddieC
Earning My Ears

thanks guys!

One last question (sorry)

I know that you dining plan expires at midnight on the day you checkout. Therefore, say the last day of your trip your flight isn't untill the afternoon, so you checkout and swim or whatever. If you don't use that sit-down meal can you put it towards a dinner that costs 2 sit downs?(cinderella's royal table, hoop-dee-doo revue, ect.)?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #482
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunprincess View Post
Hi all! I am leaving in a week for my 3rd stay at Coronado resort! Woooohoo! We tried to stay at another moderate, but you just can't beat the queen size beds! LOL!

My question, though, is if we are "checking-in" at the hotel around 9 am to get our tickets and head to the parks, will they take our luggage or should we keep it in our vehicle?

Thanks bunches!
Just wanted to say that we'll be there a few days after you arrive. We're coming from La. too.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #483
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieC View Post
thanks guys!

One last question (sorry)

I know that you dining plan expires at midnight on the day you checkout. Therefore, say the last day of your trip your flight isn't untill the afternoon, so you checkout and swim or whatever. If you don't use that sit-down meal can you put it towards a dinner that costs 2 sit downs?(cinderella's royal table, hoop-dee-doo revue, ect.)?
Yes, you an use dining plan credits at any time during your stay. You don't have to use one TS, one CS and one snack per day. You can use them anyway you want - you will receive all the credits when you check-in, and they expire at midnight on the date you check out.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #484
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I just now read that the MUSE convention is to be held at the Coronado at the end of May. My husband used to attend this convention every year (one year it was at the Contemporary, and I went along!) but now with all of the travel budget cuts, it's not likely he will be approved to go. DRAT!!! Good thing I have a trip booked for the beginning of May with my friend!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #485
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
I just now read that the MUSE convention is to be held at the Coronado at the end of May. My husband used to attend this convention every year (one year it was at the Contemporary, and I went along!) but now with all of the travel budget cuts, it's not likely he will be approved to go. DRAT!!! Good thing I have a trip booked for the beginning of May with my friend!
I feel your pain! DH (who is not a Disney lover) was approved to go to a conference at the Yacht Club earlier this year, and he chose not to go!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #486
Belle5
DIS Veteran

I am excited to return to CSR! I just booked three rooms for a week in mid-May! DS25 and his new wife will have one room, my three college age boys in another room, and DH, myself and our two youngest sons in another room. Woo-hoo! I LOVE CSR!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #487
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Maya Grill stated in November that they would be getting a new menu toward the end of the year (2011). Well, it's now the beginning of the new year -- anyone have any new info on their planned dinner menu change?

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #488
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Maya Grill stated in November that they would be getting a new menu toward the end of the year (2011). Well, it's now the beginning of the new year -- anyone have any new info on their planned dinner menu change?
I haven't seen a new menu posted yet. All Ears has the most recent menu here.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #489
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Just wanted to say that we'll be there a few days after you arrive. We're coming from La. too.
Awesome! Sad part is that we will be in Disney during the National Championship... Miss time at Disney or watch the Tigers win another title? Decisions, decisions...
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #490
Kakikomori
Mouseketeer

One week from about right now I'll be walking into my room at CSR. I'm really excited But, after I catch my breath I'm off to MK to ride BTMR before it closes the next day
Old 01-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #491
spender
Earning My Ears

That should be a no brainer "cajunprincess" Geaux Tigers!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #492
FirstTimeCaller
I got my ears! See.

Cornonado disappointment

I know a lot of people love CSR, but I just wanted to weigh in with our opinion. (I hope this is an appropriate thread to do so).

We recently stayed at CSR after a four day Disney cruise on the Dream. The room in the Ranchos section was a huge disappointment compared to our stateroom on the Dream (a family verandah room). We found the food choices almost non-existent. The room, while somewhat spacious, made poor use of storage. Housekeeping was sub-par at best (the tub was pretty disgusting). We had to request in room coffee (and extra hangers) several times before some was delivered to our room. The shower was border-line horrible.

The heater/air-conditioner had a very large vent which either swamped the room with heat or cold air. It was difficult to adjust it to a comfortable setting.

In general, the staff was very un-Disney like and didn't seem to want to be there (with a couple of exceptions). Disney theming was almost totally absent.

On the plus side, the grounds are beautiful and the main pool is very nice. The bus transportation seems adequate (although other guests reported some issues).

I should point out that we were traveling with another family and were able to experience three rooms in total. The condition of each was comparable.

Finally, I will mention that we are pretty easy travelers and tend to ignore minor issues. In the past we stayed at the value resorts and thought we would try a moderate one on this trip. In retrospect, I think we would have been better served at the value resort.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #493
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCaller View Post
I know a lot of people love CSR, but I just wanted to weigh in with our opinion. (I hope this is an appropriate thread to do so).

We recently stayed at CSR after a four day Disney cruise on the Dream. The room in the Ranchos section was a huge disappointment compared to our stateroom on the Dream (a family verandah room). We found the food choices almost non-existent. The room, while somewhat spacious, made poor use of storage. Housekeeping was sub-par at best (the tub was pretty disgusting). We had to request in room coffee (and extra hangers) several times before some was delivered to our room. The shower was border-line horrible.

The heater/air-conditioner had a very large vent which either swamped the room with heat or cold air. It was difficult to adjust it to a comfortable setting.

In general, the staff was very un-Disney like and didn't seem to want to be there (with a couple of exceptions). Disney theming was almost totally absent.

On the plus side, the grounds are beautiful and the main pool is very nice. The bus transportation seems adequate (although other guests reported some issues).

I should point out that we were traveling with another family and were able to experience three rooms in total. The condition of each was comparable.

Finally, I will mention that we are pretty easy travelers and tend to ignore minor issues. In the past we stayed at the value resorts and thought we would try a moderate one on this trip. In retrospect, I think we would have been better served at the value resort.
How disappointing. I have heard so many negative reviews recently, mostly to do with Mousekeeping...which to me is the most important thing -- a CLEAN room! It also seems as though many of these untidy rooms are in the Ranchos, I wonder what the deal is. CSR -- get with it! I am super worried about my trip in 6 weeks...hoping for a seamless stay, but you just never know. I wouldnt hesitate to ask for a new room or housekeeping if my room was not properly cleaned.

CSR does have a more subtle theming when it comes to Disney. It's not at all like the Values where Disney is in-your-face. I actually chose CSR based on the lack of color & pizazz. The other Mods have tacky bedding, which makes it difficult for me to sleep because I'm not comfortable. The simple white duvets at CSR is much more home-like.

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #494
Celidh
DIS Veteran

Question about Maya Grill - ADR and adult touring

Is a reservation needed or suggested here. My partner and I are taking an adults only trip the end of Sept. and will have the regular dining plan with 1 ts, one qs and one snack. We will be there for 7 days and will make probably 4 ADRs but really don't want to be tied down trying to figure out 6 months in advance where and when we want to eat.

We may even end up using a couple of our table service meals for qs just for convenience. Anyway, I wasn't sure if it might be easier to walk up and get a table at the resort as compared to in the parks.

Any other suggestions for "grown up" things to do would be appreciated. We definitely want to go to Raglan Road one evening at DTD. We would probably be happy wandering around, looking in stores, seeing things at a leisurely pace, seeing some shows and most likely will not go on many rides. When we were there with the kids last September we seemed to miss a lot of things because we were busy trying go to different parts of each park to make sure each child got to do what they wanted. I don't feel we really got to experience much of Epcot at all and will be there during Food and Wine and would like to know more about that and see the World Showcase.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #495
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone, I've just spent ages reading as much as I can to catch up. I've purposely stayed away from the forums more or less successfully for the past few months, I'm more of a lurker anyway but I've tried to use Christmas etc as a distraction to stop me getting so excited about my first visit to Disney World, and CSR as it's not til May and I've already been torturing myself with anticipation! However, even though it's 4 months away I'm throwing myself head first into the planning and finding out as much as I can.

p.s. I'll add a little introduction to myself here too. I'm Laura (24) and will be visting CSR 11-25th May with my DH Nathan (30). We'll be leaving our home in the UK on the 4th May and visting NYC and Washington first though. As soon as we looked at hotels we loved the look of CSR! I am a little concerned by the opposing reviews that seem to be posted about CSR but from what I've read good and bad WDW usually seem to address problems that are brought to their attention

p.p.s. I also need to start my DisneyDiet (tomorrow ofcourse...) to lose 35 pounds - married life has done horrors to my waist line... arm line... neck line ... thigh line and well just about any other line I can think of!
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: