Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #3436
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
I just booked my first CSR stay for April. We booked a preferred room . But we want to stay in 9 .. Is building 9 not a preferred building? If not is it standard? I know requests aren't always granted but I definitely don't want to spend an extra $200 for a room that is standard..
The preferred rooms at CSR are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Returned home from a 9 night stay last night. We were in 7B, a hike to the main action but the room was very quiet which was nice! It was the quietest stay we've had at any WDW resort.

Bus service was good overall, though twice we waited about 30 minutes for an Epcot bus. Most times, it was 10 minutes or less. We used Bus Stop 4 and with the exception of two times (one was on the way home from MNSSHP) we always had a seat on the bus.

We saw the gator at CSR! We've been 'gator hunting' at WDW for years, and this was the first time we saw a gator!
We have an alligator again? I hope he is still there when we get there in December.

I'm glad you had a good trip.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #3437
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Where was the alligator? I'll be doing on-line check-in tomorrow!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #3438
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by policycobb View Post
Where was the alligator? I'll be doing on-line check-in tomorrow!!
He was under the bridge you'd take if you were walking from El Centro to the Ranchos area.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #3439
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'll be looking out for the alligator. I hope we get to see him.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #3440
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I really want to book here but one thing that is holding me back is the breakfast options. I don't want to eat the buffet every day b/c it would be too much food/dining credits. How is the cafe rix? I heard the lines are really long. My dd and I are hypoglycemic and we can't eat a late breakfast in the parks.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 09-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #3441
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I really want to book here but one thing that is holding me back is the breakfast options. I don't want to eat the buffet every day b/c it would be too much food/dining credits. How is the cafe rix? I heard the lines are really long. My dd and I are hypoglycemic and we can't eat a late breakfast in the parks.
Now granted my last stay was during Spring Break. However, I did find the lines in Cafe Rix to be horrible in the mornings. So much so that we filled our mugs and left. Could you maybe have something small to eat in the room first, and then have a good meal in the parks?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #3442
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Now granted my last stay was during Spring Break. However, I did find the lines in Cafe Rix to be horrible in the mornings. So much so that we filled our mugs and left. Could you maybe have something small to eat in the room first, and then have a good meal in the parks?
We did that .... we would grab the muffins and croissants, milk, juices, etc. in the evening at Cafe Rix and just pop it into the fridge in the room. This would allow you to eat it in the room and then afford you the time in the morning to get something else in the park once you get there.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #3443
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Can someone explain how dining works here for those not on a Disney dining plan and paying out of pocket? Can you pay for mickey waffles and eggs to take back to the room? What about a salad or chicken nuggets and fries at lunch or dinner? Or do you have to pay the buffet price for everyone in your party just to get a few waffles or nuggets? I confused. How many food courts/ quick services are there?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #3444
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Would you be paying OOP at Cafe Rix? If not, the buffet is only 1 QS credit, the same as a breakfast at Cafe Rix.

Every time we walked by in the AM the lines were long at Cafe Rix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Can someone explain how dining works here for those not on a Disney dining plan and paying out of pocket? Can you pay for mickey waffles and eggs to take back to the room? What about a salad or chicken nuggets and fries at lunch or dinner? Or do you have to pay the buffet price for everyone in your party just to get a few waffles or nuggets? I confused. How many food courts/ quick services are there?
At the Pepper Market the buffet is one set price for breakfast ($14.95/adult) and lunch (16.95/adult). Nothing is ala carte at breakfast or lunch at the Pepper Market.

At Cafe Rix you can purchase items ala carte and ask for them to be put in to go containers.

At dinner, you pay ala carte at the Pepper Market. You may ask for a to go card and to go containers at the stands for your food. The to go card also saves you the 10% service charge tacked onto the dining in tab.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #3445
DisneylandDad
Mouseketeer

convention ?

Finally have my wife convinced to go back to WDW next year! Due to work vacation time and school schedules, we need to go labor day weekend through the following Saturday. It looks like there is some convention going on--Mustang at the Mickyard? Does anyone know if they will "overtake" the resort like the Grainger (sp?) one does? Was also hoping for free dining--how likely will this be now? All the standard rooms are gone for labor day weekend. We could switch resorts, but my kids really like the look of the pool and slide and I had my wife talked into it too! Can't do a split stay either because we are hoping for the free dining. Any advice would be great!!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #3446
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDad View Post
Finally have my wife convinced to go back to WDW next year! Due to work vacation time and school schedules, we need to go labor day weekend through the following Saturday. It looks like there is some convention going on--Mustang at the Mickyard? Does anyone know if they will "overtake" the resort like the Grainger (sp?) one does? Was also hoping for free dining--how likely will this be now? All the standard rooms are gone for labor day weekend. We could switch resorts, but my kids really like the look of the pool and slide and I had my wife talked into it too! Can't do a split stay either because we are hoping for the free dining. Any advice would be great!!
I have not heard of any convention impacting CSR the way Grainger does. I have heard that the block of rooms reserved for this convention is getting full and they are using POR for overflow. The convention rate is $99 per night, so I think it will be popular at that price!

Here is the website for the convention:

http://www.mustangsatthemickyard.com/index.html

A schedule has not been posted yet, but I would expect at least some activities to be scheduled at the Speedway, with maybe some car shows or vendor shows at the convention center.

It says on the website that you have to call the reservation number to book and also states that online shows the hotel is full, so I think they probably reserved a fair number of standard rooms. Unsold rooms will be released if they are not filled.

It might be hard to get free dining at CSR during that weekend.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #3447
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

I have been very far behind updating the convention list for 2013, but a bit of good news - the Grainger Show appears to have been moved from CSR to the Orange County Convention Center. It now appears on the convention center calendar and the date has been moved to March 11-14:

http://www.occc.net/iEBMS/coe/coe_p1...cc=coesmbanner

I doublechecked on Buzz's site to confirm - he is also reporting no Grainger at CSR in 2013.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #3448
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I'm back!!! I had booked our December trip at CSR months ago for me, DH and DB21. Then when FD came out, I switched to 2 rooms at POP so we could all have a little space. Now plans have changed so DB is not going. Thought about staying at POP, but just called to switch us back to CSR!!!! Booked preferred and requested Casitas 3. The CM said most people that call in dont know the name of the sections, much less the building number. I said, they should be on the Dis!!!!
So excited!!!!! 78 days!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #3449
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDad View Post
I am going to the convention and from what I've read thus far, looks like pretty much everything is at the speedway and not CSR. CSR has blocked off a large section of rooms for the convention and over flow is at POR
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #3450
DisneylandDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

It might be hard to get free dining at CSR during that weekend.
That is what I was worried about--thanks for the feedback!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: