Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #331
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Oh, I almost forgot. They had a bounceback deal in the room. I already have a trip booked under the AP discount for Feb, but booked three bounceback deals for 2012 (May 5th-12th, Sept 1st-8th, and Oct 27th-Nov 3rd). I couldn't get POFQ like I wanted for the May trip, so went with CSR. I wanted the last week of August but neither CSR nor POFQ were available for those dates, so I had to move it back a week and was able to get into POFQ. I also wanted a week earlier in Oct, but the bounceback didn't cover those dates at all, so had to move the trip up a week and then had to go with POFQ again. When AP discounts come out, I hope to move at least one of the POFQ trips over to CSR, but wanted to book something in case AP discounts don't come out for those dates.
What was the bounceback offer? Was there a room only bounceback? We are staying at POFQ this weekend, on a bounceback I had done a while back. CSR wasn't available.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #332
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
What was the bounceback offer? Was there a room only bounceback? We are staying at POFQ this weekend, on a bounceback I had done a while back. CSR wasn't available.
35% off Deluxe Villas and Deluxe Resorts.
30% off Moderate Resorts.

For most nights 1/1-1/5/12, 1/8-1/12/12, 1/16-2/8/12, 2/12-2/18/12, 3/4-3/10/12, 3/18-3-31/12, 4/29-5/26/12, 6/3-6/9/12, 8/5-10/6/12, 10/21-11/2/12, 11/11-11/17/12, 11/25-12/1/12, 12/9-12/15/12.

Call Ext 8844 from your room or 407-541-5514 before you check out. Ask for booking code I5Z.

They do verify you are actually staying at a WDW resort. Not all dates are available at all resorts, so you have to be flexible. Again I had to switch resorts for my May trip, had to move my August/Sept trip back a week, and CSR was not available for my Oct/Nov trip.

Just FYI: the rates for my May CSR trip were $143.50 ad $129.50. For the Sept POFQ trip the rates were $125.30 and $114.80. For the Oct/Nov POFQ trip the rates were $128.80 and $118.30. The rate differences depended on if it was a weekend or weeknight and which season each trip fell in.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #333
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfaircloth View Post
I'm really confused....I spoke with a Disney representative last night that said nothing had changed at the eating facilities at Coronoda Springs. But that is not what folks are saying here on these boards - does that mean that all meals will be considered TS and QS meals?? If so that really sucks b/c who wants to use their one TS credit for breakfast each morning? We always grab a QS breakfast here and then go on to the parks. I really wish someone could clarify this issue......thanks!
We just checked out this AM and moved to OKW. Pepper Market is still a counter service for breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and dinner ala carte. No one said it was a table service.
We ate at Pepper Market yesterday for breakfast and today we ate at Cafe Rix using a counter service for both places. You could still use you snack credits also at Cafe Rix. I love the chocolate croissants.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #334
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

We got back Monday night after staying Wed 11/30 through Mon 12/5.

We didn't spend too much time at the resort itself, despite trying to come back fairly early on a couple of days. We made it by 7 one night, and maybe by 6:30 on another evening.

Our room was in 6B, a bit of a hike from the front, but close to bus stop 3, which was a good thing some days. I wouldn't have wanted to be at stop 4 because it seemed like there were always more people there than could fit on the bus by the time we got there.

The first couple of nights we were there, the weather was downright chilly at night, but the hot tub was HOT (last time we were there it was just warm) and it was very clean. Didn't go in the pool because it was just too cool every night. I left that to the hardy kids. Not MY kids (20 and 30 years old), they are hot house flowers and were in the hot tub, like me.

The outside bar by El Centro was a nice place to sit for a drink in the evening, and the last couple of nights it was warm enough to enjoy without heavy sweatshirts. I noticed the girls that were bartending would send people inside for margaritas and other blender drinks (the blender was broken), but the male bartender would run inside and get the drinks made inside and bring them back out.

Our room was very clean, everything was in good shape and not worn or tired, and mousekeeping was very efficient every day. Everything was replenished nicely, which was great, since with 4 of us in one room we went through a lot of shampoo, conditioner and towels. The first morning I left the tip by the coffee pot, and when we came back that evening there was a TON of coffee packs. We brought our own with us! The next day I left the tip on the nightstand between the beds and all the extra unused coffee disappeared.

I looked for the local alligator in the lagoon, but no such luck this trip. We did find a young alligator hanging around under the dock near TS Island in MK, so the girls were pleased about that.

All in all we enjoyed the resort as much as the last time we stayed a few years ago. The quesadilla at PM was great, and the other odds and ends we ate there or at Cafe Rix were fine too.

We did encounter mobs of cheerleaders but they were well behaved around us and we had no late night noise or any kind of issue because of them. I noticed someone saw people smoking around the resort, and we didn't encounter any of them ourselves. We smoke and are always good about staying right in the smoking sections and I didn't see anyone breaking the rules when we were around.

I arranged for bell services to pick us up at 4:30 a.m. on Monday morning, since we had to be on ME at 4:45. They were there on the dot to get us, and it made it SO much easier to drag our sorry bums to El Centro on a golf cart when our eyes weren't even open yet!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #335
szubieta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhootch View Post
I arranged for bell services to pick us up at 4:30 a.m. on Monday morning, since we had to be on ME at 4:45. They were there on the dot to get us, and it made it SO much easier to drag our sorry bums to El Centro on a golf cart when our eyes weren't even open yet!
Thank you all for your current reviews. We are very excited and can't wait to try CSR.

Does bell service take you to your room too? I was thinking we needed to wait for the DTD buses or roll our luggage out there ourselves.

Dme DH DS11 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #336
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
35% off Deluxe Villas and Deluxe Resorts.
30% off Moderate Resorts.

For most nights 1/1-1/5/12, 1/8-1/12/12, 1/16-2/8/12, 2/12-2/18/12, 3/4-3/10/12, 3/18-3-31/12, 4/29-5/26/12, 6/3-6/9/12, 8/5-10/6/12, 10/21-11/2/12, 11/11-11/17/12, 11/25-12/1/12, 12/9-12/15/12.

Call Ext 8844 from your room or 407-541-5514 before you check out. Ask for booking code I5Z.

They do verify you are actually staying at a WDW resort. Not all dates are available at all resorts, so you have to be flexible. Again I had to switch resorts for my May trip, had to move my August/Sept trip back a week, and CSR was not available for my Oct/Nov trip.

Just FYI: the rates for my May CSR trip were $143.50 ad $129.50. For the Sept POFQ trip the rates were $125.30 and $114.80. For the Oct/Nov POFQ trip the rates were $128.80 and $118.30. The rate differences depended on if it was a weekend or weeknight and which season each trip fell in.
Thanks! Those rates are very similar to my bounceback prices for 2011. Values are not an option? I was able to get Pop for $64 on a bounceback too.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #337
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks! Those rates are very similar to my bounceback prices for 2011. Values are not an option? I was able to get Pop for $64 on a bounceback too.
I'm sure the values are an option, but I was staying at a moderate and the only resorts mentioned on the flyer were moderates, deluxe, and deluxe villas. I read a post the other day from someone who was staying at a deluxe. Their flyer was not the yellow clock one, that I had in my room, but a rectangular frilly one and it only mentioned the bounceback rates for the deluxes and deluxe villas. She was there the exact same time I was. I made reservations for CSR and POFQ, but they were the only resorts I asked about. My preferred late August/early Sept dates were not available at either resort, but the CM said she could get me into CBR for those dates. I'm not a big fan of CBR, so just switched my dates instead, in order to get into either CSR or POFQ. I didn't even ask about the value resorts.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #338
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure the values are an option, but I was staying at a moderate and the only resorts mentioned on the flyer were moderates, deluxe, and deluxe villas. I read a post the other day from someone who was staying at a deluxe. Their flyer was not the yellow clock one, that I had in my room, but a rectangular frilly one and it only mentioned the bounceback rates for the deluxes and deluxe villas. She was there the exact same time I was. I made reservations for CSR and POFQ, but they were the only resorts I asked about. My preferred late August/early Sept dates were not available at either resort, but the CM said she could get me into CBR for those dates. I'm not a big fan of CBR, so just switched my dates instead, in order to get into either CSR or POFQ. I didn't even ask about the value resorts.
I'd switch dates too over staying at CBR. We've stayed there 3 different stays, but it's just not home to me.

We didn't have any bounceback offers in our room on our August stay at CSR or our Nov stay at POP. I hope we see a bounceback offer this weekend. Who would I ask about the flyer? Housekeeping or front desk?

I'm looking for end of August for Star Wars Celebration. Right now I have a convention center resort booked, but I think we'd rather stay at Disney since the convention ends daily at 5pm. But we got a great rate through the Star Wars Convention for the resort.

I hope something for the end of August opens up for CSR for either bounceback or passholder rates.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #339
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by szubieta View Post
Thank you all for your current reviews. We are very excited and can't wait to try CSR.

Does bell service take you to your room too? I was thinking we needed to wait for the DTD buses or roll our luggage out there ourselves.
If you go to bell services when you check in and ask for assistance, they will take you to your room with your luggage. We always tip them very nicely when we do this, since it involves more than just them jumping in an elevator like at other hotels.

We didn't have bell services take us out to our room, since we tagged our luggage for ME and it was delivered to the room while we were in the parks.

However, if it is your first time at Coronado, it is nice to have them run you to your room, especially if you've had a long travel day and are dragging bags with you. It can be confusing trying to find the right building if you haven't been there before.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #340
Disneyforchristmas
Earning My Ears

Buying tickets at CSR

We arrive on Christmas Day... cannot wait! I have a couple of questions... I haven't bought tickets to the parks yet, and I was told that if I buy the tickets through a 3rd party, that we will have paper tickets; however, if I buy from the resort, then they can be added to my room key. I was told to go to the concierge after check-in. Does anyone know if this is a big deal? We arrive at 3:30pm.

Thank you for your help! Cannot wait!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #341
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforchristmas View Post
We arrive on Christmas Day... cannot wait! I have a couple of questions... I haven't bought tickets to the parks yet, and I was told that if I buy the tickets through a 3rd party, that we will have paper tickets; however, if I buy from the resort, then they can be added to my room key. I was told to go to the concierge after check-in. Does anyone know if this is a big deal? We arrive at 3:30pm.

It's very easy to do. They'll sell you the tickets and put them right on your room card. You can even charge them to the room. Concierge is right across from check-in in the lobby; you can buy Hoop-De-Doo tickets and things like that at Concierge also.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #342
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

I'm about to call Disney to put in a building request for CSR - this will be our first trip there. I see most everyone loves Cabana 8a, 8b and 9b .... I need one that is close to a good bus stop as I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and know I will be very sore at the end of the day so a shorter walk to my bed would be wonderful 8a is close to bus stop 4 and 9b to bus stop 1 ..... is one better? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #343
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforchristmas View Post

Yes, if you buy them at the front desk, they'll be on your KTTW cards. But you can also have tickets bought elsewhere added to the cards. I always save a few bucks by buying my tickets at Undercover Tourist, getting "paper" (really, a tough plastic called Tyvek) tickets. These are the same ones sold at the ticket booths. These tickets can also be put on your room key.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #344
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
I'm about to call Disney to put in a building request for CSR - this will be our first trip there. I see most everyone loves Cabana 8a, 8b and 9b .... I need one that is close to a good bus stop as I have arthritis in my knees and ankles and know I will be very sore at the end of the day so a shorter walk to my bed would be wonderful 8a is close to bus stop 4 and 9b to bus stop 1 ..... is one better? Any help would be appreciated!!!
Bus stop 4 is picked up before bus stop 1 when going to the parks, so there is a better chance of getting a seat on the way to the parks. The parking lot side of 8A is very close to the bus stop.

I'd request close to a bus stop for medical reasons and indicate a preference for cabanas if you have a preference. There are other buildings close to the other stops.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #345
Haileys Nana
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! We are back from our trip 11/27 to 12/3. We had our second great stay at CSR. Cabanas 9A, first floor. The room was clean every day and we had very little wait at the bus stops. Pepper Market and Maya Grill were also good. We saw the cheerleaders but they were quiet and respectful when we ran into them. The weather was a little cooler than we expected but not bad overall, especially considering we had SNOW! the day after we arrived home. Yikes! I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet. We enjoyed the beachy feel of Cabanas and the hammocks outside our room, but our favorite is Casitas. We stayed in building 4 on our first trip and the beauty,romance and convenience can't be beat in my opinion. I think KatMark will agree with me.
For those of you who have upcoming trips, do not miss The Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios. They were beautiful beyond belief! I honestly think I could have stayed there and just looked at them for days. The snow during the show makes it even more special. What a great start to our Christmas season.
As bad as I hate to see it go can someone tell me how to remove my ticker?
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: