Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #3406
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in NJ View Post
We will be staying at CSR the Sept 29 - Oct 6. Because the free dining offer starts Sept 30 we have a room only reservation for the 29th and free dining package Sept 30 - Oct 6. I went to do online check in and I would have to do 2 separate check ins. I would like to not have to change rooms after the first night. Is it better to wait and do check in when we get there to have a better chance at staying in one room. I have only done online check in before. Is the in person check in a long process. I would love any advice.
We did a 3 part stay last year due to our package changing, we checked in upon arrival, we were able to keep the same room the entire trip. IMHO it would be better to check in when you get there, just in case.

We'll be there 9/28-10/6-so, so, so excited

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #3407
serene56
DIS Veteran

casita 4 or cabana 8? which is the better choice
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #3408
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
casita 4 or cabana 8? which is the better choice
It depends what is more important to you. Both are just requests, as you probably know. Casita 4 is close to the fitness center, spa, salon, lap pool and first stop picked up (bus stop #2, but the first picked up and dropped off to/from the parks). The casitas area is very pretty with fountains.

Cabanas 8A and 8B are very close to the Dig Site, hot tub, and arcade. Cabana 8A is very close to bus stop #4 (third picked up and dropped off). The cabanas area has a sandy beach and hammocks (there is also one hammock in the casitas area).

Both locations are probably about the same distance from El Centro.

Our favorite location is 8A since it is so close to the Dig Site but also close to a bus stop.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #3409
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
It depends what is more important to you. Both are just requests, as you probably know. Casita 4 is close to the fitness center, spa, salon, lap pool and first stop picked up (bus stop #2, but the first picked up and dropped off to/from the parks). The casitas area is very pretty with fountains.

Cabanas 8A and 8B are very close to the Dig Site, hot tub, and arcade. Cabana 8A is very close to bus stop #4 (third picked up and dropped off). The cabanas area has a sandy beach and hammocks (there is also one hammock in the casitas area).

Both locations are probably about the same distance from El Centro.

Our favorite location is 8A since it is so close to the Dig Site but also close to a bus stop.

Swimming is not going to be important for our stay-- going in Dec 2013.
Could you tell me if pools are heated?

we will have two strollers with 2- 8 month olds and maybe 2 wheelchairs.
close to el centro for filling soda. close to bus stop is a must.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #3410
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Quote:
All the pools are heated. We've been swimming in January before.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #3411
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I saw a few decorated windows in early April. There's plenty of "room" in the windows ... there's even enough of a window sill to put a little towel animal. They would be left by Mousekeeping in the windows. We had a little duckie in one window and a little doggie in the other!
Looks like Eeyore to me . . . very cute, in any event!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #3412
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:

If you have 2 wheelchairs, you may want to stay in Casitas so you can be close to the first bus stop picked up. That is stop #2 as labeled. It will be much easier to get wheelchairs on an empty bus than one that has made its way around the whole resort.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #3413
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:

The pools are heated.

With two strollers and two wheelchairs, I would definitely recommend casitas so you can be near the first bus stop picked up (stop #2). If your budget allows, you might consider a preferred room. Preferred rooms are in casitas 1, 2 and 3, so you would be near El Centro and also near the casitas bus stop. Casitas 4 and 5 are just requests, so you might end up somewhere else if you book a non-preferred room. A preferred room should guarantee the location you want.

You can also refill your mugs at the Dig Site pool, but the hours are much shorter than at Cafe Rix.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #3414
serene56
DIS Veteran

my fear----paying 200 per room times 4 to get a preferred room and get Casita #2.

can we request what not to have?

can we request Casita #4 or Cabana #8?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #3415
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
my fear----paying 200 per room times 4 to get a preferred room and get Casita #2.

can we request what not to have?

can we request Casita #4 or Cabana #8?
You can make requests, and they will try to accommodate you. We always request cabanas. On one trip, we were placed in casita 2. I asked the check-in CM if she could find something in cabanas and she found us a nice room in 9A.

If the resort is not full, they will try their best to put you somewhere that will make you happy. One of the CSR regulars (aubriee) hates ranchos and did have to spend one night there on one trip, but she was able to change rooms the next day.

Are you trying to get all four rooms close together? That might limit their ability to help you get into the building you want.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #3416
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Here is my review.

We just got back last night, and were only at CSR for 4 nights. We arrived without any issues on Thursday from Clearwater, did a quick check in.. I had done online check in previously, and also put a call into to request Cabanas 9a or b. Well we ended up with Cabanas 8B and it could not have been any better of a location. We were with a van so it worked out perfectly as we parked in the 7B lot and it was about a 2 min walk to the van. Close to the digsite, and not to bad to get to the Pepper Market or front desk.
Our room was decent, slightly bigger then the All Star Music, but it would do. the beds handsdown better then ASM lol. Shower was awesome. Though our other party, complained about their shower, their bathroom fan... so who knows, I take their issues with a grain of salt.
The dig site was awesome, we spent two days there, and the waterslide was fantastic.
Pepper Market we ate at twice for dinner, which was pretty darn delicious... BTW if your a party of 6 you will not be charged the 18% gratuity it is only charged at breakfast and lunch.
The Turkey Club croissant fab, and the nachos, so good. Lots of other things were eaten in our group and not one person complained.
We did lunch once which was buffet, super yummy as well.

All in all, we would totally go back again, we really enjoyed our short stay at the CSR.

Oh, and we did not use the Bus system at all, just the van as we found that easier, so I can not comment on the timing or crowding
Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #3417
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Checking in to my beloved CSR in the morning
Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #3418
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Checking in to my beloved CSR in the morning
Have a wonderful time; let me know if anything new before I get there in December for Mark's surprise trip.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #3419
CLKnCA
Earning My Ears

Just booked my first solo trip, and I will be staying at CSR Dec 6-11. I am so excited! A friend swayed me away from staying here in the past, but after seeing all the pictures and the reports here, I suspect he was a bit crazy, or maybe he just hadn't really experienced it for himself. I am really looking forward to this resort!

Booked a king bed, water view. From reading here, it seems the Casitas would be perfect for my stay. I don't need to be near a bus stop (will have a car) or the Dig Site, and I don't mind (and I think I even prefer!) a walk to El Centro. My one request would be a great view of the lake, so I can enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning with a beautiful view.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #3420
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
You can make requests, and they will try to accommodate you. We always request cabanas. On one trip, we were placed in casita 2. I asked the check-in CM if she could find something in cabanas and she found us a nice room in 9A.

If the resort is not full, they will try their best to put you somewhere that will make you happy. One of the CSR regulars (aubriee) hates ranchos and did have to spend one night there on one trip, but she was able to change rooms the next day.

Are you trying to get all four rooms close together? That might limit their ability to help you get into the building you want.
i just want the 4 rooms in the same building. Traveling with 2 families that have infants and they want me to baby sit at night-- would be an easy transfer from rooms when they come back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: