Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #3391
summy32
Earning My Ears

I just did online check-in!! We are so excited, this is our first time at CSR!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #3392
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by summy32 View Post
Oh boy!!! Not long till you get to see this ...

IMGP0586 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Lucky you!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #3393
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Booked Labor Day weekend 2013 as our next trip. Seems a long way off. Was hoping to get a good room only bounceback rate for another trip when we were at POP this week, but the only offer was a free dining package with a 1 month window.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #3394
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Booked Labor Day weekend 2013 as our next trip. Seems a long way off. Was hoping to get a good room only bounceback rate for another trip when we were at POP this week, but the only offer was a free dining package with a 1 month window.

We booked this bounceback and were hoping for CSR for the last week of August 2013 and it wasn't available. I really hope they release more room for our timeframe. I even went online to see if rooms were available without any discount and nothing! How can it be booked solid almost a year in advance?

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #3395
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
We booked this bounceback and were hoping for CSR for the last week of August 2013 and it wasn't available. I really hope they release more room for our timeframe. I even went online to see if rooms were available without any discount and nothing! How can it be booked solid almost a year in advance?
There is a huge convention the last weekend of August. They are using CSR and POR for overflow. We are going to the convention. Didn't book the bounceback.

ETA: The convention is August 30th to Sept 1, but we were told we could book rooms for the show Aug 26 to Sept 6. So I'm sure they have a huge area blocked off. Maybe if they don't sell as many as expected some rooms will open back up in the bounceback? But I find that doubtful since they opened up POR for the convention guests too.

Last edited by lovethattink; 09-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #3396
turftoega
Family sherpa and pack mule

Looking for suggestions on our first trip to CSR. We (me, dw, dd7 & dd5) were booked for POFQ but had to shift our trip by a day and instead of having to change the CM booked us into CSR (and it was slightly cheaper!) We drive to the parks except MK so bus stops aren't important. We also rarely, if ever, eat at the resort so proximity to the foot court isn't a consideration either. We do hope to have 1 day as a pool day before we go to MNNSHP. So.....with this in mind, where would be a good place for us to stay (or at least try and request that we stay)? Thanks! We're looking forward to this trip as it will mean that we will have stayed at all of the mods and can declare a "favorite"

Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #3397
pbarager
DDC #720

Hello CSR fans!

Well, we are going to CSR in December. We originally were booked at AKL for 7 nights and we decided to stay another 3 nights at Pop Century. Today was filled with a travel agent who is clueless and grief with messing up free dining so we canceled our AKL and booked CSR for the 10 days on our own and kept the free dining! Whew, I really need this vacation.

Me (Paul) DW DD 11DD 9

December 2012 CSR December 2013 WBC!!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #3398
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
Well, we are going to CSR in December. We originally were booked at AKL for 7 nights and we decided to stay another 3 nights at Pop Century. Today was filled with a travel agent who is clueless and grief with messing up free dining so we canceled our AKL and booked CSR for the 10 days on our own and kept the free dining! Whew, I really need this vacation.
Great choice! Enjoy.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #3399
UberClaire
Earning My Ears

I'm considering Coronado Springs for my honeymoon next August. It just seems like the money we would spend to stay near Epcot (an additional ~$1100) doesn't seem worth it for the proximity to the parks. I also like that we can request a king bed and many reviews have said that CSR is a little quieter and more peaceful.

My question is, what kind of transportation times can we expect? I'd love to be within walking distance to Epcot, but it doesn't seem financially reasonable for us right now. We're also planning on having some nice dinners at WL and the Contemporary -- can anyone ballpark what our transportation time would be like?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #3400
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Reporting live from CSR! Having a nice stay. The bus service has been pretty good. We waited 30 minutes for an Epcot bus once, but the rest of the waits were under 10 minutes. Haven't had to stand on a bus yet. Mousekeeping is OK, and the cms at the Dig Site are nice. Wifi service is very spotty. This is the first time I've had a strong signal in our Ranchos room. There was no BB offer in our room, but I was able to book a BB for next fall. CSR is nice, but Port Orleans is our 'home' resort and we want to do POFQ next time.

Lots of love bugs at the bus stops!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #3401
Celidh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summy32 View Post
You must be checking in the same day my partner and are. We are there on the 29th. We decided not to do online check in. I'm excited either way. Just working on our costumes for MNSSHP. Oh yeah, and I have to get laundry done and pack this weekend since I work all week.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #3402
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

I just wanted to make a comment to all the people who might be worried about "business men in suits" taking away from the Disney feel. Granted, we haven't stayed at CSR yet (check in 3 weeks from today), but my DH attends conventions all the time and had one at CR in 2010. We also just got back from one in Atlantic City last night. Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen anyone at a convention wearing a suit and tie, especially when it's hot, the choice of dress for most convention goers is khakis and polos, even khaki shorts when it's hot. I would guess most of the convention attendees don't look much different than the average person on their Disney vacation except they might be wearing a badge around their neck. I just wanted to throw that out there since I made sure to do some observation at our convention the past few days.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #3403
carstinsmom
Mouseketeer

Hello, We will be at CSR the week after Thanksgiving and were wondering if you have or have seen people decorate their windows for Christmas, I have heard about it being doing at Pop and All Stars and would like to do so at CSR but since we have never stayed there before weren't sure if the set-up would work for decorating or for it to be easily seen.
2012- CSR,2011- AKL-2009 GCV first trip to DL, 2009 -SSR - first trip home, 2006 - Christmas at AS Movies, 2004 - First Stay at Pop, 2003 - AS Sports(dd first trip), 1999 - Day Trip,1998 - Off Property (ds first trip), 1995 - Off Property,1994 - Off Property, 1992 - Honeymoon,Contp.&DCL - land and sea
Old 09-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #3404
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstinsmom View Post
Hello, We will be at CSR the week after Thanksgiving and were wondering if you have or have seen people decorate their windows for Christmas, I have heard about it being doing at Pop and All Stars and would like to do so at CSR but since we have never stayed there before weren't sure if the set-up would work for decorating or for it to be easily seen.
I saw a few decorated windows in early April. There's plenty of "room" in the windows ... there's even enough of a window sill to put a little towel animal. They would be left by Mousekeeping in the windows. We had a little duckie in one window and a little doggie in the other! We had a corner room.

IMGP7843 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

C-DSCN0644 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #3405
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at CSR the Sept 29 - Oct 6. Because the free dining offer starts Sept 30 we have a room only reservation for the 29th and free dining package Sept 30 - Oct 6. I went to do online check in and I would have to do 2 separate check ins. I would like to not have to change rooms after the first night. Is it better to wait and do check in when we get there to have a better chance at staying in one room. I have only done online check in before. Is the in person check in a long process. I would love any advice.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: