Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #3286
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

65 days and counting....cant wait to see this resort I have been reading about for a loooong time!

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #3287
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Oh ok, thanks I had no idea. Maybe I'll try calling abit later see if I can get it added. Either way online is done :D

So is the Cabanas what I should be requesting, or just say 9a or 9b
Correct. The Cabanas buildings are 8A/B and 9A/B. Ranchos are 6A/B and 7A/B.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #3288
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Kathy - KatMark!

We booked today! I did opt for Pop to keep the cost down a little. I'll be looking for you at Studios on Sunday! I'll recognize you from your pics on your TRs. Since I rarely post pics, here's one of us:

Would love to say HI in person!

ETA: I deleted my picture because I re-sized it yesterday so it would be smaller but now it's huge again.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!

Last edited by Claire&TheBoys; 09-11-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: delete photo
Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #3289
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Kathy - KatMark!

We booked today! I did opt for Pop to keep the cost down a little. I'll be looking for you at Studios on Sunday! I'll recognize you from your pics on your TRs. Since I rarely post pics, here's one of us:

Would love to say HI in person!
GREAT picture. I will be on the look out and if you see me, please stop me.

RIP Genie
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #3290
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Disneymoon Review!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick review of our recent stay. We celebrated our Disneymoon last week at CSR. This was my second time to Disney, first on property, and my DH's first ever visit. We drove down from Massachusetts and arrived on Sunday the 2nd and stayed until the 8th.

We arrived about 9am on Sunday, and waited in line at registration for only about 20 minutes. Most people ahead of us were checking out. When we got to line we met a lovely woman, whose name slips my mind but I know I have it down somewhere. She made some quick small talk with us, finding out we were on our honeymoon and gave us two "happily ever after" pins. *I already had my Just Married pins, too While checking in, she made a quick phone call, and ended up upgrading us to a king room in cabanas 9a. We originally booked 2 queens simply because we knew we wouldn't be in the room much except to sleep, so we weren't worried about the larger bed, but this was certainly a pleasant surprise! Turned out the room was ready early and we were all set to drop out luggage off and head to the parks! We were in room 9160, a corner room on the first floor facing the courtyard. The location was great, right near the quiet pool, and between El Centro and the Dig site. THe parking lot was not far either, which worked great since we drove!

The cleanliness and condition of our room was great. Mousekeeping did a great job during the whole stay. Bed always made, new towels, trashes changed. Never got any towel animals or anything, which to tell you the truth I was a little disappointed Not truly, but I think they are cute to see in the windows when you walk by. Obviously being two adults I was expected them.

I cannot comment on the buses because we took our car everywhere we went. The parking lots were great LOL! The Dig Site pool was wonderful, great staff at the Siestas pool bar. Excellent margaritas! We visited Pepper Market and Rix Lounge during our stay. PM was excellent since we were on the dining plan. DH and I both loved the selection and found the process very easy for the buffet. Rix Lounge was a great spot for a later night drink. Order a mudslide if you stop by! I got the bruschetta while there as well, also very delicious.

Overall I can say that this was a great first experience for our first on-site visit. DH and I both loved the resort, every cast member we had interactions with were very pleasant and helpful. I would say the only complaint I had was how early the pool bar closed. It would have been nice to enjoy a cocktail when we hit the pool later at night after getting back from the parks. Other than that, I am sure the next vacation hubby and I take to Disney will be another stay at CSR!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #3291
Julie521
DIS Veteran

I also have some shots of CSR. I didn't want to post them all here and flood the feed with a bunch, but here is a flickr link if anyone wants to check them out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8706698...7631508133766/

Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #3292
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick review of our recent stay. We celebrated our Disneymoon last week at CSR. This was my second time to Disney, first on property, and my DH's first ever visit. We drove down from Massachusetts and arrived on Sunday the 2nd and stayed until the 8th.

We arrived about 9am on Sunday, and waited in line at registration for only about 20 minutes. Most people ahead of us were checking out. When we got to line we met a lovely woman, whose name slips my mind but I know I have it down somewhere. She made some quick small talk with us, finding out we were on our honeymoon and gave us two "happily ever after" pins. *I already had my Just Married pins, too While checking in, she made a quick phone call, and ended up upgrading us to a king room in cabanas 9a. We originally booked 2 queens simply because we knew we wouldn't be in the room much except to sleep, so we weren't worried about the larger bed, but this was certainly a pleasant surprise! Turned out the room was ready early and we were all set to drop out luggage off and head to the parks! We were in room 9160, a corner room on the first floor facing the courtyard. The location was great, right near the quiet pool, and between El Centro and the Dig site. THe parking lot was not far either, which worked great since we drove!

The cleanliness and condition of our room was great. Mousekeeping did a great job during the whole stay. Bed always made, new towels, trashes changed. Never got any towel animals or anything, which to tell you the truth I was a little disappointed Not truly, but I think they are cute to see in the windows when you walk by. Obviously being two adults I was expected them.

I cannot comment on the buses because we took our car everywhere we went. The parking lots were great LOL! The Dig Site pool was wonderful, great staff at the Siestas pool bar. Excellent margaritas! We visited Pepper Market and Rix Lounge during our stay. PM was excellent since we were on the dining plan. DH and I both loved the selection and found the process very easy for the buffet. Rix Lounge was a great spot for a later night drink. Order a mudslide if you stop by! I got the bruschetta while there as well, also very delicious.

Overall I can say that this was a great first experience for our first on-site visit. DH and I both loved the resort, every cast member we had interactions with were very pleasant and helpful. I would say the only complaint I had was how early the pool bar closed. It would have been nice to enjoy a cocktail when we hit the pool later at night after getting back from the parks. Other than that, I am sure the next vacation hubby and I take to Disney will be another stay at CSR!
Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great time. I don't understand why the pool bar closes so early. At least Laguna Bar is open later and is not that far away, but it would be convenient to get dinner at the pool.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #3293
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

How are the busses at CSR in the afternoon? The one to MK? Also, how often do the busses show up at MK mid day to take people back to CSR?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #3294
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I should know the answer to this I have stayed how many times at CSR , but are there IPOD docking stations in the rooms, I know the GF has them. Thanks guys, 2 weeks tomorrow and I will be at the beautiful CSR.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #3295
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

If I take my refillable mug for coffee in the morning, will I go to Cafe Rix? or the Pepper market? Does either one of these have flavored syrups or creamers that I can access? I really like my coffee tasting like dessert

or, I could bring my own and fix my mug before going to get it filled.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #3296
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Pepper Market buffet

My teenage son would love to eat the breakfast buffet - great value since we are on the dining plan. I prefer to maybe have a yogurt and coffee. Will the CM still let me sit with him while he eats? I can see the concern that I might nibble off his plate and end up eating for free (although I would never do such a thing ) What is your experience with this?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #3297
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
My teenage son would love to eat the breakfast buffet - great value since we are on the dining plan. I prefer to maybe have a yogurt and coffee. Will the CM still let me sit with him while he eats? I can see the concern that I might nibble off his plate and end up eating for free (although I would never do such a thing ) What is your experience with this?
I think it's SOP at all Disney buffets that if you are seated at a table and 3years old or more, you're charged. They simply can't 'police' whether or not people are being honest.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #3298
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
I think it's SOP at all Disney buffets that if you are seated at a table and 3years old or more, you're charged. They simply can't 'police' whether or not people are being honest.
I agree. Since he's a teen, he'd be old enough to eat by himself if you don't want to pay a buffet price for yourself or use a dining credit if you don't plan on eating much.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #3299
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Julie521, Thanks for the pictures. We leave in 27 days and have never stayed at CSR. Will also be driving for the first time too and plan on arriving early am. Glad to read your room was ready this early.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #3300
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question. What is SOP?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: