Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #316
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
So it sounds like the buffet isn't the normal "we put it out, you serve yourself" type of thing - they still serve you? Otherwise "portion size" wouldn't be an issue.

I wonder if that will change if the buffet becomes permanent.
The salad area was the only place where you serve yourself.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #317
lfaircloth
Earning My Ears

I'm really confused....I spoke with a Disney representative last night that said nothing had changed at the eating facilities at Coronoda Springs. But that is not what folks are saying here on these boards - does that mean that all meals will be considered TS and QS meals?? If so that really sucks b/c who wants to use their one TS credit for breakfast each morning? We always grab a QS breakfast here and then go on to the parks. I really wish someone could clarify this issue......thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #318
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
CSR was rehabbed in 2009. It sounds like your issues were with Mousekeeping instead of with the condition of the room (dust, no laundry bag, not enough towels). Did you have issues with the condition of the furnishings?

Many, many people at all resort levels (including deluxe and DVC) have reported mousekeeping trying to enter their room at 8 am on check-out day. This is not a problem unique to CSR (although it is a problem) - it appears to be the result of staffing cutbacks.
Furniture and especially the doors to the bath area were "well loved", but I will say it was extremely quiet there, like we were the only ones around . Who knows, maybe we were given a room that was not supposed to be in service . If we were staying more than 9 hours I would have complained. Our front desk person was definitely less than helpful, she appeared new to the country and very unsure. She never asked for AAA card (thankfully I had it with me!) and had no idea how to direct us out of the front and to our building. Not a biggie, as I said it was just one night.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #319
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfaircloth View Post
I'm really confused....I spoke with a Disney representative last night that said nothing had changed at the eating facilities at Coronoda Springs. But that is not what folks are saying here on these boards - does that mean that all meals will be considered TS and QS meals?? If so that really sucks b/c who wants to use their one TS credit for breakfast each morning? We always grab a QS breakfast here and then go on to the parks. I really wish someone could clarify this issue......thanks!

No worries. The TS and QS service credits have not changed. The Pepper Market is still a quick service restaurant for all 3 meals. So the buffet menu is a great value for the DDP!! For cash customers like myself, the price was reasonable.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #320
lfaircloth
Earning My Ears

thanks to lovethattink!!! That makes me feel better!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #321
adtillma1
Mouseketeer

I just got back last night from our fantastic stay at CSR! We were very lucky to have been in Cabana 9B and we were very pleased with our room. It was extreamely clean and on our last night we even had a set of towel swans kissing on our bed. (It was our anniversary trip, so it was special). The decorations were beautiful but we couldn't figure out what the construction was that was being done in the middle of the regsitration area. (Someone else had posted pictures of the construction area)

We ate at the Pepper Market on Sunday for breakfast so that was a little confusing for the servers, but for us it was nice. The food was hot and good and in my opinion very much worth the 1 CS(QS) credit. The service was very good and there was even an area to have eggs made to order.

I will post some pictures when I get home tonight.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #322
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

We got home Sunday night from a 9 day trip. Spent 3 nights at the Coronado, and we were lucky enough to get our requested Cabanas 8B! Loved our room location, and enjoyed the beauty of the resort as always. Bus service was great! I was a bit disappointed with the service at the Pepper Market, and housekeeping wasn't great. But I did book a Bounce Back offer before we left, so I'll be back in May--yipee!!! Oh! Guess I'd better get busy with that new trip banner...
We asked about the construction area in registration, and we were told that they were replacing the wood flooring areas with new tile.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

Old 12-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #323
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtillma1 View Post
I just got back last night from our fantastic stay at CSR! We were very lucky to have been in Cabana 9B and we were very pleased with our room. It was extreamely clean and on our last night we even had a set of towel swans kissing on our bed. (It was our anniversary trip, so it was special). The decorations were beautiful but we couldn't figure out what the construction was that was being done in the middle of the regsitration area. (Someone else had posted pictures of the construction area)

We ate at the Pepper Market on Sunday for breakfast so that was a little confusing for the servers, but for us it was nice. The food was hot and good and in my opinion very much worth the 1 CS(QS) credit. The service was very good and there was even an area to have eggs made to order.

I will post some pictures when I get home tonight.
Welcome back! Glad you had a great time, and Happy Anniversary!

Can't wait to see your pictures!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #324
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
We got home Sunday night from a 9 day trip. Spent 3 nights at the Coronado, and we were lucky enough to get our requested Cabanas 8B! Loved our room location, and enjoyed the beauty of the resort as always. Bus service was great! I was a bit disappointed with the service at the Pepper Market, and housekeeping wasn't great. But I did book a Bounce Back offer before we left, so I'll be back in May--yipee!!!
We asked about the construction area in registration, and we were told that they were replacing the wood flooring areas with new tile.
Glad you enjoyed your trip! Housekeeping seems to be hit-or-miss at all resorts lately.

Thanks for the construction update!

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 12-14-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #325
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Thank you lovethattink for sharing all the photos and info about the new Pepper Market buffet. We're staying at CS for the first time May 29-June 7 and I'm anxious to see if the buffet remains. It looks like a great deal to me!!!

Carla
Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #326
brerdawg
Disney Commando

Looking for comments/photos for the PM buffet breakfast!

Much appreciated!

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Coronado Springs 2008, 2012
Beach Club 2010

Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #327
minnie74
Mouseketeer

I have booked CSR for March, and I selected the Quick Service DIning Plan. However, while CSR is listed on the 2011 QSDP brochure, it is not on the 2012. Is there still a possibility it may be added?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #328
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie74 View Post
I have booked CSR for March, and I selected the Quick Service DIning Plan. However, while CSR is listed on the 2011 QSDP brochure, it is not on the 2012. Is there still a possibility it may be added?
Yes, it will likely be added after the end of the year when non-Disney owned restaurants resign their contracts. The new list should be out sometime in January. For now, you can reference the 2011 list when you are looking into possible restaurants to dine at.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #329
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I got back late Sunday night from a eight night/nine day stay at CSR. I had a great trip, but ran into a few minor problems at CSR. When I checked in, I found I had been placed in Ranchos 7A. Because of the way the bounceback dates fell last year, I had to do the first night under the AP discount and the subsequent nights under the bounceback, so had already decided to not say a single word if I had a bad location for that first night, knowing I could change rooms the next morning. However, the CM must have saw the disappointment on my face, because she asked what was wrong, then immediately said, 'Oh it says here you wanted in the Cabanas. Let me see what I can do". She wasn't able to get me in my beloved 8A, but did get me a great first floor room in Cabanas 9A and told me she'd made sure I'd be in that room for the second stay also. I just had to recheck back in the next morning. It round up being a great location, because I was about half way between bus stop 1 and bus stop 4 and just around the corner from the Cabanas quiet pool. However, as I left registration, I stepped out and immediately got hit by a soccer ball. Apparently there was a soccer tournament going on that weekend and the soccer teams were at CSR. There were some boys kicking a soccer ball around right outside the doors at the registration area. They seemed to be gone by the second day though and never caused a problem (other than startling me that first day as I walked out of registration). Then on Thursday the NCA cheerleaders checked in. They had a 5:00pm meeting in the convention center Thurday evening, so getting back to my room I felt like a salmon swimming upstream. There were 500 of them and most were staying at CSR. That night I had teenage girls running up and down outside my room, yelling, until about 1:00am. That was the only night I heard them though. They did overrun Cafe Rix every morning and evening though, but were very polite. I always request first floor rooms and have never had a problem with overhead noise, until this trip. There was a man, who apparently worked night shift, because every night about midnight, he came out onto the walkway just above my room, called his job, and then yelled about how he knew he shouldn't have went on vacation and how everything always fell apart if he wasn't there. He also spent alot of time in the mornings screaming at his kids about how they were ruining the vacation for everyone and if they didn't straighten out and walk the line, they were all going home. This was a daily rampage he went on early every morning about 7:00am. Then the neighbors to the left of me were also very loud, which didn't help any. Added to that, someone kept stealing the Do Not Disturb signs out of the doors. My door didn't close all the way when it was released. You had to pull it closed. The second day I came back to find housekeeping had not pulled it closed and it had not closed all the way. All I had to do was push the door to make it open. I didn't even use my key. After that, I decided not to use housekeeping and put the Do Not Disturb sign in the door each morning. Twice it disappeared out of my door and I found housekeeping had done my room. The first time, I just left a note in the door asking for another Do Not Disturb sign. One was in my door when I got back that afternoon. The second time, I walked over to guest services and told them it was the second time in four days that the Do Not Disturb sign had disappeared. The CM immediately asked if I was in 9A and said there had been several complaints of the Do Not Disturb signs disappearing out of the doors in that building. On the last day, despite the Do Not Disturb sign being in the door, housekeeping knocked on the door right at 8:00am, asking when I was going to be out, as they needed to get the room ready for the next guest. I politely reminded her that check out was 11:00am, not 8:00am but I'd be out in about an hour. My other issue was how so many smokers were just ignoring the smoking areas and wandering around the resort smoking. I was reading a book at the quiet pool when a couple next to me just lit up. I politely told them the pool was not a smoking area and they rudely told me to move if I didn't like it and that they'd been smoking wherever they wanted to all week and no one had said a word to them. The very next morning two men sitting at the bus stop also lit up, while waiting for the bus. The lady sitting next to them told them Disney had designated smoking areas and the benches at the bus stop was not one of them. They also refused to put out their cigarettes and said Disney didn't care. I saw alot of people just walking around the resort and parks smoking also. Oh a couple other things: I had to call for another TV remote that first day as the one in the room was broken and the cabinet door where the refrigerator is wouldn't stay closed. Apparently the latch on it was broken. Also I had to call maintenance that first day because the commode wouldn't flush. Apparently the chain that raises the flapper was broken.

Other than those minor issues I had a great trip though. The room was spotless when I arrived and I had a really cute towel animal sitting on the dresser. It was a bear toilet paper roll cover. Bus service was great as usual and the resort was decorated really well for Christmas. CMs were all friendly and the weather was great. I didn't know about the PM becoming a buffet Dec 4th. Saturday I got lunch to go and ate beside the quiet pool while I was reading a book.. Then on Sunday not knowing it had changed, I tried to get lunch to go again and was told they were no longer doing To Go orders. She didn't explain about the buffet, just said they no longer did To Go orders, so I went to Cafe Rix. I also did a walk up at Maya Grill one night and had a very good meal.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-07-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #330
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Oh, I almost forgot. They had a bounceback deal in the room. I already have a trip booked under the AP discount for Feb, but booked three bounceback deals for 2012 (May 5th-12th, Sept 1st-8th, and Oct 27th-Nov 3rd). I couldn't get POFQ like I wanted for the May trip, so went with CSR. I wanted the last week of August but neither CSR nor POFQ were available for those dates, so I had to move it back a week and was able to get into POFQ. I also wanted a week earlier in Oct, but the bounceback didn't cover those dates at all, so had to move the trip up a week and then had to go with POFQ again. When AP discounts come out, I hope to move at least one of the POFQ trips over to CSR, but wanted to book something in case AP discounts don't come out for those dates.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: