Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #3271
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

7 days for us!

I'm packing this weekend. It's the kids favorite part - we lay out all our outfits, then put them in gallon or 2 gallon ziploc bags. They like it because they get to sit on them to get the air out while DH zips them.

I still have to go to the store to get a few things - 2 more Frogg Toggs, a bottle of vodka, and some coffee pods. (I keep reading the new coffee pods are awful)

Old 09-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #3272
RHMBLindsay
Earning My Ears

We are so excited! Today we are surprising the kids with their Disney vacation. Heading down to the airport hotel this afternoon and flying out tomorrow morning!! I can't wait to see their faces.

July 2013 - All Star Sports (Daughter Danced at Disney)
Sept 2012 - Coronado Springs (Surprise Vacation)
April 2011 - POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #3273
torian
A whole day can be ruined with a bad cup of coffee

transportation question

How is the disney transportation from this resort compared to POR and POFQ? I'm worried that it being so far out from everything except for AK may be a detriment.

We will not have a car and need to rely on dis transportation.

Also, trying to make a decision between mods or biting the bullet and go deluxe. Will be traveling during holiday week.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #3274
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Thinking of switching to CSR for our December trip

Right now we are booked in 2 rooms at Pop as we are a family of 6. But, my 2 oldest decided they don't want to go on another Disney trip this year.

So, my DH suggested going to a mod instead of value, he'd rather have the queen size beds, the hot tub, the more subtle colors, etc.
So, the only mods with availability on the FD for our week (December 10-16 with a room only on December 9) are CBR or CSR. CBR is out, I've heard bad things & they only have double beds, so we're looking at CSR. We'll have a 3 year old & an 11 year old with us.

Are the preferred buildings only in the Casitas? We're more interested in the Cabanas buildings, are they standard rooms?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #3275
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
How is the disney transportation from this resort compared to POR and POFQ? I'm worried that it being so far out from everything except for AK may be a detriment.

We will not have a car and need to rely on dis transportation.

Also, trying to make a decision between mods or biting the bullet and go deluxe. Will be traveling during holiday week.
Actually, CSR isn't as "far out" as you might think. It's right down the road from the Epcot and DHS entrances - it's actually very centrally located, IMO. Once you are leaving the front gate of the resort, it's probably 8-10 min to Epcot and DHS, maybe 13-15 to MK. I know we got on an early bus to MK last year - got on right at 7:00 AM, still had to pick up at El Centro, then drive to MK, and we were still there by 7:20. Since CSR's main entrance is on the main road through the southern part of the property, I think it's shorter than Pop, POFQ, and others, since #1, CSR doesn't share buses, and #2, there is easy access to that main road.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #3276
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Doesn't the whole "doesn't share buses" thing seem a bit over-hyped? CBR doesn't share buses and if you look at PO as a whole it has its own system too.

Now the deluxes sharing buses seems a bit...cheap.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #3277
MMlvsMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion View Post

Doesn't the whole "doesn't share buses" thing seem a bit over-hyped? CBR doesn't share buses and if you look at PO as a whole it has its own system too.

Now the deluxes sharing buses seems a bit...cheap.
I don't think so. CBR has 7 bus stops plus internal buses. CSR only has 4 bus stops. POR/FQ has 5 if the bus your on stops at all of them. I was there last year and it did just that many times. And that loop around POR/FQ is no where near the same size as CSR.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #3278
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
Right now we are booked in 2 rooms at Pop as we are a family of 6. But, my 2 oldest decided they don't want to go on another Disney trip this year.

So, my DH suggested going to a mod instead of value, he'd rather have the queen size beds, the hot tub, the more subtle colors, etc.
So, the only mods with availability on the FD for our week (December 10-16 with a room only on December 9) are CBR or CSR. CBR is out, I've heard bad things & they only have double beds, so we're looking at CSR. We'll have a 3 year old & an 11 year old with us.

Are the preferred buildings only in the Casitas? We're more interested in the Cabanas buildings, are they standard rooms?
The preferred buildings are casitas 1, 2 and 3. We also prefer the cabanas and make that request each time. There are standard view and waterview rooms in the cabanas, but not preferred. Sometimes we are assigned cabanas prior to check-in and sometimes we have to ask to be moved at check-in, but we have always been able to get it as a request. I did stay once in the casitas when it was just DH and me.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #3279
Mave110
Earning My Ears

have you had problems with your bus service as you stayed at the cabanas?

a page before, i read that bus stop #4 and #1 is a bad choice...
Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #3280
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave110 View Post
have you had problems with your bus service as you stayed at the cabanas?

a page before, i read that bus stop #4 and #1 is a bad choice...
We haven't, but we also haven't stayed at CSR at Christmas or Easter. We have stayed there in the summer a few times, and the only time I stood on a CSR bus was leaving MK following Wishes (my kids had seats, though). I've never known the buses to skip stop #1, but I read that someone posted that happened to them.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3281
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Help quickly please - doing online checkin

Looking at the Map, the Cabanas are closer to the front then the Ranchos?
We need something close to the dig pool, the eating area and bus stop. Someone on here stated before to do the Ranchos 9A or 9B but I can only request Ranchos or Cabanas, and I dont want the Ranchos all the way at the back, we are travelling with a 70 year old and he can not walk long walks for long periods... so I need a convenient location.
Do I request the Ranchos or the Cabanas? On the map I"m looking at the 9A and 9B fall under Cabanas?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #3282
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Hmmm doesnt look like it matters much, says they are unable to meet my requests....
Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #3283
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Hmmm doesnt look like it matters much, says they are unable to meet my requests....
Online check-in is not the place/way to add requests. It's best to call the Central Reservations line and have them add any requests to your reservation.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #3284
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Three more days!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #3285
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Online check-in is not the place/way to add requests. It's best to call the Central Reservations line and have them add any requests to your reservation.
Oh ok, thanks I had no idea. Maybe I'll try calling abit later see if I can get it added. Either way online is done :D

So is the Cabanas what I should be requesting, or just say 9a or 9b

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: