Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #3211
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
OK, no one else will understand this, but I know you guys will!

We're trying to plan a quick weekend trip two weeks from now, to go to MNSSHP. I called a couple of weeks ago to check availability at several resorts and I could get Pop or CSR, my top Value choice and top Mod choice. The price difference is $150 for 3 nights, so $50/night. The loudest part of me says, "Save the money! It's just 3 nights!" but the other part of me says, "Oh, but the queen beds at CSR are sooo much more comfy than the doubles at Pop." I'm kind of pushing my luck to get a trip at all, so I should just suck it up and go cheap, right?
I agree with KatMark... Be comfy and stay CSR. Everyone needs their rest for the party!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #3212
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heck, it's only three nights, so you want to be comfy, so stay at CSR. And just so you know....we'll be in Disney two weeks from tomorrow.
Have a great time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #3213
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heck, it's only three nights, so you want to be comfy, so stay at CSR. And just so you know....we'll be in Disney two weeks from tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
I agree with KatMark... Be comfy and stay CSR. Everyone needs their rest for the party!
I knew what kind of response I'd get on this thread! I'll probably just watch the cash flow in the days leading up to leaving --- I probably won't even make a reservation until at most a week out, so availability may change by then.

Kathy, if we do make it, maybe we'll run into each other! Right now, I'm thinking that since we're doing MK Friday night, we will likely do Epcot Saturday and DHS Sunday. My youngest is RIGHT-THERE at 48" and he asks me to meausre him every few days to see if he's tall enough for Rock-N-Roller Coaster yet. He is right at the mark, so maybe he'll make it!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #3214
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post

Kathy, if we do make it, maybe we'll run into each other! Right now, I'm thinking that since we're doing MK Friday night, we will likely do Epcot Saturday and DHS Sunday. My youngest is RIGHT-THERE at 48" and he asks me to meausre him every few days to see if he's tall enough for Rock-N-Roller Coaster yet. He is right at the mark, so maybe he'll make it!
We arrive on Saturday the 15th and are not doing a park. We will be at the Studios as soon as it opens on Sunday morning (the 16th).
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #3215
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. I had read elsewhere that the CS credits weren't necessarily broken down into AC/CC. This helps to know you had this experience. Im not too concerned with the PM lunch now that it's a buffet. I am curios to see how this will work at the Maya Grill. It doesn't really make a big difference to me being on the DDP, but if I were paying OOP I would be annoyed. I just wonder why the difference in age from all the other onside dining facilities.
Yeah we will not be on dining plan this time, so paying adult prices out of pocket for my 9 year old would really annoy me.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #3216
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Under two months at long last!

Its killing me not to tell my kids, they think we changed to Pop Century (which we did very briefly, we never told them when we swtiched back to CSR). I guess they'll find out when we walk up to the Magical Express Line and tell them "Coronado Springs" instead of "Pop Century".

Dh is dreaming about that breakfast buffet he can feast on while we are there. I am dreaming about the peaceful grounds and hammocks!

Just very ready to be there!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #3217
JohnO
Mouseketeer

109 Days until we arrive at CSR
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

Old 09-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #3218
copcarguyp71
Earning My Ears

39 Days until we arrive at CSR. Really looking forward to this stay and a much needed vacation....where did the summer go?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #3219
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Yay!! The Sept. activity schedule is already posted at Buzz's site!

http://********************.com/t155...ivities-at-csr

ETA: The Dis blocked it?! Google Coronado Springs Unofficial Site, and then go to Recreation on the list on the left hand side of the screen. That'll take you to the schedule with pool games and movies.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #3220
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Just switched our AKL reservation to CSR. We stayed in 2010 and really liked it so I'm looking foward to staying here again. My only "cons" about this resort were 1 sink and not having any preferred rooms available. I am crossing my fingers hoping we can either find a preferred room available before then or pay for the upgrade at check in.

ETA...there are waterview upgrades available but does anyone know if we booked that if it would give us a better chance of getting a preferred room at check in since they are the same price? Not sure if we should try that or not.

June 2014-Quick trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Beach Club Villas for 11 days of Magic!

Me DH DD (6mo) DS (16) Ellie :

Last edited by alicia080979; 09-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #3221
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Under two months at long last!

Its killing me not to tell my kids, they think we changed to Pop Century (which we did very briefly, we never told them when we swtiched back to CSR). I guess they'll find out when we walk up to the Magical Express Line and tell them "Coronado Springs" instead of "Pop Century".

This is sooo me! I'm taking older kids for a four night trip (ages 16-25). We booked CSR, then I changed it to Buena Vista Palace & Spa near DTD. Heck, I was saving alot of money by swithcing!!! When the room discount came out, I went back to CSR and added the Quick Service Dining plan. The kids have no idea! I mentioned to one of them that we could hang out at the resort pool and swim. Thinking we were still staying at just "some dumb hotel", they said "Resort? What resort? It's just some stupid hotel!" They are going to be so surprised!

Six weeks for us! Just wish we could be there longer than 4 nights.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #3222
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
This is sooo me! I'm taking older kids for a four night trip (ages 16-25). We booked CSR, then I changed it to Buena Vista Palace & Spa near DTD. Heck, I was saving alot of money by swithcing!!! When the room discount came out, I went back to CSR and added the Quick Service Dining plan. The kids have no idea! I mentioned to one of them that we could hang out at the resort pool and swim. Thinking we were still staying at just "some dumb hotel", they said "Resort? What resort? It's just some stupid hotel!" They are going to be so surprised!

You can add the quick service dining plan to a moderate? And keep the room discount? I didn't know this. I might have to make a call.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #3223
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
You can add the quick service dining plan to a moderate? And keep the room discount? I didn't know this. I might have to make a call.
I am paying for the QSDP. We are such a frugal bunch, even my kids, that they would look at the menu and say something like "I'm not real hungry, I'll just get a salad or eat this bag of snacks from my backpack."

It's really a splurge for us - but only for a few nights - and something we've never done before.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #3224
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post

Too funny! I said something to dh the other night about I can't wait for the Pepper Market buffet and dd piped up "I will be too sad to go over there to eat since we aren't staying there". I just said, "yeah, maybe your right".

Our tax refund will be a year late thanks to somebody helping themselves to my husband's social security number, so paying this trip off has been a challenge we thought we couldn't handle (hey three trips to Disney in one year what can I say).

You'd think with all the pasta and hot dogs I have been serving, my kids would catch on that the moderate is back into the budget!

I am glad we are both back at the resort we want to be at!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #3225
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
Just switched our AKL reservation to CSR. We stayed in 2010 and really liked it so I'm looking foward to staying here again. My only "cons" about this resort were 1 sink and not having any preferred rooms available. I am crossing my fingers hoping we can either find a preferred room available before then or pay for the upgrade at check in.

ETA...there are waterview upgrades available but does anyone know if we booked that if it would give us a better chance of getting a preferred room at check in since they are the same price? Not sure if we should try that or not.
Probably not. Waterview rooms are found in all the sections of the resort. "Waterview" can mean view of the lake, a quiet pool, the pond behind Cabanas 9B or a fountain. I would keep checking online to see if any preferred rooms become available, or like you said, you can always ask at check-in how much it would cost to upgrade to the preferred location.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: