Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #3211
party-of-five
Mouseketeer
 
party-of-five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central MA
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
OK, no one else will understand this, but I know you guys will!

We're trying to plan a quick weekend trip two weeks from now, to go to MNSSHP. I called a couple of weeks ago to check availability at several resorts and I could get Pop or CSR, my top Value choice and top Mod choice. The price difference is $150 for 3 nights, so $50/night. The loudest part of me says, "Save the money! It's just 3 nights!" but the other part of me says, "Oh, but the queen beds at CSR are sooo much more comfy than the doubles at Pop." I'm kind of pushing my luck to get a trip at all, so I should just suck it up and go cheap, right?
I agree with KatMark... Be comfy and stay CSR. Everyone needs their rest for the party!
__________________
DH Me DS12 DD10 DS7 DS1
party-of-five is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #3212
party-of-five
Mouseketeer
 
party-of-five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central MA
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heck, it's only three nights, so you want to be comfy, so stay at CSR. And just so you know....we'll be in Disney two weeks from tomorrow.
Have a great time!
__________________
DH Me DS12 DD10 DS7 DS1
party-of-five is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #3213
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!
 
Claire&TheBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heck, it's only three nights, so you want to be comfy, so stay at CSR. And just so you know....we'll be in Disney two weeks from tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
I agree with KatMark... Be comfy and stay CSR. Everyone needs their rest for the party!
I knew what kind of response I'd get on this thread! I'll probably just watch the cash flow in the days leading up to leaving --- I probably won't even make a reservation until at most a week out, so availability may change by then.

Kathy, if we do make it, maybe we'll run into each other! Right now, I'm thinking that since we're doing MK Friday night, we will likely do Epcot Saturday and DHS Sunday. My youngest is RIGHT-THERE at 48" and he asks me to meausre him every few days to see if he's tall enough for Rock-N-Roller Coaster yet. He is right at the mark, so maybe he'll make it!
__________________
Claire Married 17 years to With (11) and (8)


"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #3214
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post




Kathy, if we do make it, maybe we'll run into each other! Right now, I'm thinking that since we're doing MK Friday night, we will likely do Epcot Saturday and DHS Sunday. My youngest is RIGHT-THERE at 48" and he asks me to meausre him every few days to see if he's tall enough for Rock-N-Roller Coaster yet. He is right at the mark, so maybe he'll make it!
We arrive on Saturday the 15th and are not doing a park. We will be at the Studios as soon as it opens on Sunday morning (the 16th).
KatMark is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #3215
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day
 
AndreaDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,799

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. I had read elsewhere that the CS credits weren't necessarily broken down into AC/CC. This helps to know you had this experience. Im not too concerned with the PM lunch now that it's a buffet. I am curios to see how this will work at the Maya Grill. It doesn't really make a big difference to me being on the DDP, but if I were paying OOP I would be annoyed. I just wonder why the difference in age from all the other onside dining facilities.
Yeah we will not be on dining plan this time, so paying adult prices out of pocket for my 9 year old would really annoy me.
AndreaDM is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #3216
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 15,652

Under two months at long last!

Its killing me not to tell my kids, they think we changed to Pop Century (which we did very briefly, we never told them when we swtiched back to CSR). I guess they'll find out when we walk up to the Magical Express Line and tell them "Coronado Springs" instead of "Pop Century".

Dh is dreaming about that breakfast buffet he can feast on while we are there. I am dreaming about the peaceful grounds and hammocks!

Just very ready to be there!
__________________
Have stayed at: Poly, OKW, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, Pop, ASMO, ASSP, ASMU, BWV, SSR, DLH, GCH & PP. And seven wonderful nights on the Magic!
Amy&Dan is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #3217
JohnO
Mouseketeer
 
JohnO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Summerville, SC ( 392 Mi from WDW)
Posts: 466

109 Days until we arrive at CSR
__________________
WDW & DCL Sept. 09 Trip Report
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

JohnO is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #3218
copcarguyp71
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 20

39 Days until we arrive at CSR. Really looking forward to this stay and a much needed vacation....where did the summer go?
copcarguyp71 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #3219
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,626

Yay!! The Sept. activity schedule is already posted at Buzz's site!

http://********************.com/t155...ivities-at-csr



ETA: The Dis blocked it?! Google Coronado Springs Unofficial Site, and then go to Recreation on the list on the left hand side of the screen. That'll take you to the schedule with pool games and movies.
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #3220
alicia080979
DIS Veteran
 
alicia080979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 873

Just switched our AKL reservation to CSR. We stayed in 2010 and really liked it so I'm looking foward to staying here again. My only "cons" about this resort were 1 sink and not having any preferred rooms available. I am crossing my fingers hoping we can either find a preferred room available before then or pay for the upgrade at check in.

ETA...there are waterview upgrades available but does anyone know if we booked that if it would give us a better chance of getting a preferred room at check in since they are the same price? Not sure if we should try that or not.
__________________
Sept. 2009 All Star Sports, Sept. 2010 CSR, Sept. 2011 POFQ, Nov. 2011 AKL, April 2012 Bonnet Creek, Sept. 2012 POFQ, Nov. 2012 AOA, June 2013 Buena Vista Suites, Sept/Oct 2013 POR

June 2014-Quick trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Beach Club Villas for 11 days of Magic!

Me DH DD (6mo) DS (16) Ellie :

Last edited by alicia080979; 09-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.
alicia080979 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #3221
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran
 
kaguilbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Under two months at long last!

Its killing me not to tell my kids, they think we changed to Pop Century (which we did very briefly, we never told them when we swtiched back to CSR). I guess they'll find out when we walk up to the Magical Express Line and tell them "Coronado Springs" instead of "Pop Century".

This is sooo me! I'm taking older kids for a four night trip (ages 16-25). We booked CSR, then I changed it to Buena Vista Palace & Spa near DTD. Heck, I was saving alot of money by swithcing!!! When the room discount came out, I went back to CSR and added the Quick Service Dining plan. The kids have no idea! I mentioned to one of them that we could hang out at the resort pool and swim. Thinking we were still staying at just "some dumb hotel", they said "Resort? What resort? It's just some stupid hotel!" They are going to be so surprised!

Six weeks for us! Just wish we could be there longer than 4 nights.
__________________
Kim

kaguilbeau is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #3222
DJT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
This is sooo me! I'm taking older kids for a four night trip (ages 16-25). We booked CSR, then I changed it to Buena Vista Palace & Spa near DTD. Heck, I was saving alot of money by swithcing!!! When the room discount came out, I went back to CSR and added the Quick Service Dining plan. The kids have no idea! I mentioned to one of them that we could hang out at the resort pool and swim. Thinking we were still staying at just "some dumb hotel", they said "Resort? What resort? It's just some stupid hotel!" They are going to be so surprised!

Six weeks for us! Just wish we could be there longer than 4 nights.
You can add the quick service dining plan to a moderate? And keep the room discount? I didn't know this. I might have to make a call.
DJT is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #3223
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran
 
kaguilbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
You can add the quick service dining plan to a moderate? And keep the room discount? I didn't know this. I might have to make a call.
I am paying for the QSDP. We are such a frugal bunch, even my kids, that they would look at the menu and say something like "I'm not real hungry, I'll just get a salad or eat this bag of snacks from my backpack."

It's really a splurge for us - but only for a few nights - and something we've never done before.
__________________
Kim

kaguilbeau is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #3224
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 15,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
This is sooo me! I'm taking older kids for a four night trip (ages 16-25). We booked CSR, then I changed it to Buena Vista Palace & Spa near DTD. Heck, I was saving alot of money by swithcing!!! When the room discount came out, I went back to CSR and added the Quick Service Dining plan. The kids have no idea! I mentioned to one of them that we could hang out at the resort pool and swim. Thinking we were still staying at just "some dumb hotel", they said "Resort? What resort? It's just some stupid hotel!" They are going to be so surprised!

Six weeks for us! Just wish we could be there longer than 4 nights.
Too funny! I said something to dh the other night about I can't wait for the Pepper Market buffet and dd piped up "I will be too sad to go over there to eat since we aren't staying there". I just said, "yeah, maybe your right".

Our tax refund will be a year late thanks to somebody helping themselves to my husband's social security number, so paying this trip off has been a challenge we thought we couldn't handle (hey three trips to Disney in one year what can I say).

You'd think with all the pasta and hot dogs I have been serving, my kids would catch on that the moderate is back into the budget!

I am glad we are both back at the resort we want to be at!
__________________
Have stayed at: Poly, OKW, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, Pop, ASMO, ASSP, ASMU, BWV, SSR, DLH, GCH & PP. And seven wonderful nights on the Magic!
Amy&Dan is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #3225
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!
 
Claire&TheBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
Just switched our AKL reservation to CSR. We stayed in 2010 and really liked it so I'm looking foward to staying here again. My only "cons" about this resort were 1 sink and not having any preferred rooms available. I am crossing my fingers hoping we can either find a preferred room available before then or pay for the upgrade at check in.

ETA...there are waterview upgrades available but does anyone know if we booked that if it would give us a better chance of getting a preferred room at check in since they are the same price? Not sure if we should try that or not.
Probably not. Waterview rooms are found in all the sections of the resort. "Waterview" can mean view of the lake, a quiet pool, the pond behind Cabanas 9B or a fountain. I would keep checking online to see if any preferred rooms become available, or like you said, you can always ask at check-in how much it would cost to upgrade to the preferred location.
__________________
Claire Married 17 years to With (11) and (8)


"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: