Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #3076
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I don't remember if Cafe Rix has a microwave or not, but you can request one for your
room when you check in. I've only needed one once, and it was delivered to our room same day! Came in handy for my friend & her 9 year old grand daughter who like to have oatmeal every morning for breakfast.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #3077
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion
Is there a microwave in Cafe Rix or Pepper Market? (Or closer...wanting to pop some popcorn for the evening movies at the Dig Site.)
CS restaurants have microwaves and toasters for your use. It should be in one of them; by description, I would think Cafe Rix.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #3078
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
I don't remember if Cafe Rix has a microwave or not, but you can request one for your
room when you check in. I've only needed one once, and it was delivered to our room same day! Came in handy for my friend & her 9 year old grand daughter who like to have oatmeal every morning for breakfast.
Wow.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #3079
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Definitely saw the windows decorated ... but can't say I noticed any doors decorated. Our Mousekeeper also made a towel doggie and put him where he was looking out our window. Cute!

I always hang signs on our door at POR-FQ. It helps me find our room easily when I am really tired. I'll be there 10/8 - 10/13 with signs on my door. I never thought about hanging them in the window. Might try that too.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #3080
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by policycobb

I always hang signs on our door at POR-FQ. It helps me find our room easily when I am really tired. I'll be there 10/8 - 10/13 with signs on my door. I never thought about hanging them in the window. Might try that too.
Will be putting something up for Christmas. Much easier to find our room at night.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #3081
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I make signs for our window. I use Disney scrapbook paper and cut them to
an 8 1/2 x 11 size. Print out each person's first name in Disney font and add
those to the sign. Then back the paper with sturdy cardboard, so I can just
set them on the window ledge & not have to hang them. Works great! We
always seem to have a little trouble finding our room the first day or so.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #3082
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Club Level Rooms

I read through this thread about Club Level rooms and I was just able to book a room for Jan. 2013. I'm not sure what is involved as the cast member said it was a "new" offering and didn't have any details yet. It was only 60.00 total more than a water view for 5 nights. I'm hoping it will be close to the main building. Has there been any other speculation or information on club level at Coronado that I may have missed?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #3083
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

I'm a little confused about the Pepper Market. If I am on the dining plan and go there for breakfast, it will count as a counter service credit, correct? So do I have to leave a tip for the waitress also, even though its buffet? I thought I read somewhere that they automatically add 10% gratuity to your bill? So if I am on the dining plan, do I pay this as a leave on the table tip for waitress? Thanks for any help you can provide. I am just trying to budget everything out right.

Last edited by marylandgirl; 08-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #3084
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did not know this! Thanks for the info!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #3085
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
I read through this thread about Club Level rooms and I was just able to book a room for Jan. 2013. I'm not sure what is involved as the cast member said it was a "new" offering and didn't have any details yet. It was only 60.00 total more than a water view for 5 nights. I'm hoping it will be close to the main building. Has there been any other speculation or information on club level at Coronado that I may have missed?
Historically, club level at CSR has been in cabana 9B. It has previously been offered as part of a convention, but there was a trial earlier this year for non-covention guests. It will be great if it is now a bookable category!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
I'm a little confused about the Pepper Market. If I am on the dining plan and go there for breakfast, it will count as a counter service credit, correct? So do I have to leave a tip for the waitress also, even though its buffet? I thought I read somewhere that they automatically add 10% gratuity to your bill? So if I am on the dining plan, do I pay this as a leave on the table tip for waitress? Thanks for any help you can provide. I am just trying to budget everything out right.
All meals at PM are quick service meals. Breakfast and lunch are buffets. You are not charged a 10% fee at breakfast or lunch, and you should tip your server as you would at any buffet. The amount of the tip is up to you.

Dinner at PM is a la carte. There is a 10% fee charged at dinner, but it has been reported that the service charge is not added for people on the DDP (we always pay out of pocket, so I can't say from experience).
Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #3086
ChrisRuns
Training for my third run around the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
I saw some info about club level on another website, I'll PM you the link. I'm going to be stalking club level info, we booked a junior suite for marathon weekend and having club level included would make the price sting a little less!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #3087
Mave110
Earning My Ears

is the "testing-period" already over or will there be a small chance to take part of the club-level-test next month?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #3088
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Finally made it through the entire thread. Thanks to all that have posted so much info for those of us who have never stayed at CSR.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 AM   #3089
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat
Finally made it through the entire thread. Thanks to all that have posted so much info for those of us who have never stayed at CSR.
This is my goal for the upcoming weekend. Need to prepare for our trip in 3 weeks.

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #3090
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Remember they only have a few of those microwaves though. I've asked for one three different trips and never did get one. I asked at the front desk and was told to call housekeeping which I did. They said they were all already loaned out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: