Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #3031
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiink3rbella View Post
Anyone staying at CSR going to MNSSHP on Sept 18? Im gonna be wearing a costume hope I;m not the only one hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
You won't be the only one in costume. We're going on 9/21.
Arr! (I'm referring to CSR as "The Spanish Main" for the duration. )

Sept. 18 & 21

Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #3032
Cruisin Dave
Earning My Ears

Talking

I added the My Disney Experience app to my iPhone and iPad last night. If you look up CSR, they say there is bikes available at La Marina. Can anyone verify this?
Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #3033
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
We just book Coronado Springs! This will be my first visit to this resort. We were told on the phone when we booked that Coronado does not have double sinks but I thought I read somewhere on these threads that it does. I can't find it now. This is an important detail for us. To those of you who have been are there double sinks or just a single. Thanks for the info.
Single sinks, but a lot of counter space. There is plenty of room for two people to stand next to each other and get ready, even though there is only one sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin Dave View Post
I added the My Disney Experience app to my iPhone and iPad last night. If you look up CSR, they say there is bikes available at La Marina. Can anyone verify this?
Thanks
The waterports have recently returned to the marina (maybe for a limited time), but I haven't heard of the bikes returning.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #3034
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

I'm excited and nervous about staying at CSR. I've been doing reading tonight after I got off work to try and learn more about the resort. It wasn't our first pick and to be honest I know nothing about it. We wanted POR but we were told that CSR was the only moderate that had military discount rooms still available. WOW! They went fast. All they had available that were military discounted rooms also happened to be Preferred or Waterview. We chose waterview. She then asked did we prefer a view of the lake or a pool. We chose pool. I do know there are no rooms with a waterview of the main pool. Just hope we don't end up having a long walk to a bus stop. I don't mind the walking but my DD at the end of the day is now too heavy to carry. We stayed at SOG last year and it is very nice but I missed the Disney theme and the customer service. My DH asked did I want to change my mind and stay at SOG again but I'm sticking with CSR and have my fingers crossed. In my reading I've read some great stuff and a little bad which is true of any resort. I'll be sticking to this thread so I can learn more. Thanks for all the info I've seen already.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
Old 08-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #3035
letsgoagainsoon
North Central PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin Dave
Thanks
I read they had them also, but no one has been able to confirm.
August '96 - Off Property; September '01- All Star Music; October '04 - All Star Movies; July '05 - Pop Century; September '06 - Pop Century; April '07 - Pop Century; September '08 - Movies; September '09 - Pop Century; September '10 - Pop Century; September '11- Pop Century; September '12 - Coronado Springs
Old 08-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #3036
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley/Hayden Mom View Post
We arrive late tomorrow night and can't wait! Ready to get our Disney on before school starts next Monday
We're checking in tomorrow too!! We have a DS9 and DS1 so look for us at the pool!!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #3037
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

A new reminder showed up on my CSR reservation today.

Reminders

On September 12, 2012, in 29 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online.

We're getting down to the home stretch, just stalking the mailbox for my Mickey Mail now.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #3038
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
I'm excited and nervous about staying at CSR. I've been doing reading tonight after I got off work to try and learn more about the resort. It wasn't our first pick and to be honest I know nothing about it. We wanted POR but we were told that CSR was the only moderate that had military discount rooms still available. WOW! They went fast. All they had available that were military discounted rooms also happened to be Preferred or Waterview. We chose waterview. She then asked did we prefer a view of the lake or a pool. We chose pool. I do know there are no rooms with a waterview of the main pool. Just hope we don't end up having a long walk to a bus stop. I don't mind the walking but my DD at the end of the day is now too heavy to carry. We stayed at SOG last year and it is very nice but I missed the Disney theme and the customer service. My DH asked did I want to change my mind and stay at SOG again but I'm sticking with CSR and have my fingers crossed. In my reading I've read some great stuff and a little bad which is true of any resort. I'll be sticking to this thread so I can learn more. Thanks for all the info I've seen already.
If I were you, I'd request building 4 in the Casitas. There are rooms that overlook that quiet pool or there are rooms that overlook the lake. It will put you nearly half way between the main theme pool and El Centro, and near the Casitas bus stop.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #3039
MaddieC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
We're checking in tomorrow too!! We have a DS9 and DS1 so look for us at the pool!!
We are arriving tomorrow too!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #3040
jackie101
DIS Veteran

We arrive in 12 days . 1st time staying here, so excited
Old 08-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #3041
ginerjenny
Mouseketeer

does anyone know if the coronado has connecting rooms?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #3042
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
does anyone know if the coronado has connecting rooms?
Yes, they do. We had connecting rooms with my cousin and her son last year. I'd requested Cabanas, and our rooms were in Ranchos, but they were pool-side (and we'd only paid for Standard view). It turned out to be a great location.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #3043
ginerjenny
Mouseketeer

do you know if the connecting rooms are in the rancheros only?

As long as i'm somewhat near a mug refill location and bus stop I'll be happy.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #3044
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
do you know if the connecting rooms are in the rancheros only?

As long as i'm somewhat near a mug refill location and bus stop I'll be happy.
We had connecting rooms in casitas 4.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #3045
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Bus or drive?

So, I'm trying to iron out all my last details for our September trip and have a new question. We will have a rental car while we're at WDW, so is it better to drive or take the bus to the parks? We've always used the bus, so that is our fail safe. But before I spend any time looking at maps and finding directions, I'd love to hear the opinions of those more experienced with driving in WDW. TIA!

These are the areas we're planning on visiting:

MK (MNSSHP)
DTD
TL or BB
DHS then hopping to EP
Breakfast at GF

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: