Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
Monkeyfish
Planning your next vacation!

Yay! The new thread is up! Counting the days here...
Old 11-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #17
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Lovely job on the new thread! It makes me miss CSR all the more. I wish we could have gotten a room there instead of POR

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #18
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

This is a really useful thread!

I've just noticed that a conference is on when we're there for 4 days - does this impact the hotel greatly? (We are there 15 days so even if it does, it would be no biggie - just need to plan around it!)
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 11-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocg View Post
The torch passes on Buzz,Kathy,Stitch...Good job and good luck..

Whew, that's some tough company you are putting me in! No pressure here!

Seriously, though - all this effort is Kathy's (and Buzz's before her). It may be posted under my user ID, but it has her love and effort all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post

I've just noticed that a conference is on when we're there for 4 days - does this impact the hotel greatly? (We are there 15 days so even if it does, it would be no biggie - just need to plan around it!)
Generally, the only impacts you will see from a convention are that the Pepper Market may be busier for breakfast and the buses and pool will be less crowded. Rarely, there are larger conventions that set up tents on the grounds and have so many people there that it is noticeable (Grainger comes to mind), but most conventions will have little or no impact on guests. You can Google the convention to get a better idea - sometimes you will find the schedule online and you can see if they have evening activities at the convention center or in the parks, as well as see if lunch is provided in the convention center, etc.

I think there has been a convention each time we have stayed at CSR - we have only noticed people with nametags and empty buses. We don't usually eat breakfast at the Pepper Market, but I have read that it can be busy before the meetings start.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Aaaah! Sorry to see you give up the thread Kathy. You have done such a fantastic job and will be missed. I still say CSR should have provided you and Mark with free trips considering all the business you send their way. If not for you and Kat3668 I would have never given CSR another try.

Thanks, Mary for taking over though and look forward to seeing you more on the boards. CSR is such a great resort, I'd hate to see this thread die.
Thanks, Aubriee. I really appreciate it. I'll still be around to help out. My LOVE for CSR will never waver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
As far as I am concerned, this is and always will be Kathy's thread. I will try to take good care of it during her hiatus, but it is all her work that made it possible in the first place. Whenever she wants it back, it is hers.

My knowledge of CSR is not nearly as extensive as Kathy's, so I'm very thankful for all the CSR regulars who post and answer questions as well. I hope it continues to be a group effort.
I think that is one of the great things about this thread: there are so many great people who are always willing to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocg View Post
The torch passes on Buzz,Kathy,Stitch...Good job and good luck..
Mary is going to do a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyfish View Post
Yay! The new thread is up! Counting the days here...
How many more days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Lovely job on the new thread! It makes me miss CSR all the more. I wish we could have gotten a room there instead of POR
You'll have to let us know what you think of POR and how they compare imn your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post

In our nine stays at the CSR, there has ALWAYS been at least one, if not two, conferences going on. I truly believve it keeps the resort more "quiet" in a lot of respects...especially the pool and buses.

Quote:
Whew, that's some tough company you are putting me in! No pressure here!

Seriously, though - all this effort is Kathy's (and Buzz's before her). It may be posted under my user ID, but it has her love and effort all over it.
Mary, I have complete confidence in you -- you will do a great job taking over.

And I thank you again for being willing to do so.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I will put this in the "main part" of the thread as well, but for all of you who are going to CSR soon, here is some new firsthand info from a friend who is there.

The Pepper Market has new hours and is "closed" between meals.

The new hours are:

Breakfast -- 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Lunch -- 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Dinner -- 4:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Cafe Rix is open from 6:30 a.m. to Midnight.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
Bnearing
Mouseketeer

Yay for CSR!!! We just got back a couple weeks ago and just fell in love with this place. There was a convention while we were there and the pools and buses were almost empty. This was during a very busy week in the parks. It was so nice to come "home" at night and take a relaxing walk around the lake, grab a drink at the outdoor bar and sit under the stars without a zillion people running around everywhere.

We are still talking about the CSR and wishing we were back there.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #23
szubieta
DIS Veteran

To all contributor on this and the prior CSR threads...You guys all rock!!

Thank you all for helping me realize we WILL be SO very happy with CSR on our up coming trip. Your combined efforts have brought a wonderful variety of views to these threads.

Just a couple of questions if anyone has time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom;43150373
All rooms come with the following: either two queen beds or one king-size bed, flat screen television, high-speed internet access, telephone with separate data port, work desk and chair, two ottomans, vanity area with wood sliding door, refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. King rooms are a separate booking category – they are not by request. King rooms are located throughout the resort.

[COLOR="red"
Doesn't the resort also offer free wi-fi now? Do all the rooms get wi-fi or just the preferred?[/COLOR]

Can't really tell...does an iphone dock on this clock?
TIA!! Keep up the good work!

Dme DH DS11 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
Old 11-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
verdi73
Earning My Ears

Cant't wait to be there in June for our son's 10th birthday, and his 3rd gotcha anniversary (we adopted him in 2009, and took him to the World). We have never stayed in CSR before, but requested a water view when we go in June.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #25
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Kathy - Hope you will keep popping in around here! You've always been a great source of CSR information!

I don't have a CSR trip planned right now, but I'm subscribing anyway, since I love the resort and it's our first choice resort. We are springing for the premium plan on our upcoming trip and we have to pay rack-rate for that, so we opted to stay at Pop and save a couple of hundred bucks. It'll just be me and the hubby, so we can handle the smaller room, I think. We'll be so busy with tours and park-hopping that we won't be in our room much anyway!

I'll try to keep up and pop in to help out when I can!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #26
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by szubieta View Post
To all contributor on this and the prior CSR threads...You guys all rock!!

Thank you all for helping me realize we WILL be SO very happy with CSR on our up coming trip. Your combined efforts have brought a wonderful variety of views to these threads.

Just a couple of questions if anyone has time...

TIA!! Keep up the good work!
It looks to me like you can dock an iPod, but I think I remember Allan (Cafeen) posting that there are no iPod docks. Has anyone been there recently that can answer that?

There is free wi-fi now in all rooms. I have read that it is a trial, but I have also read that it is permanent. I'll do some digging and update the thread info.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
weswife
DIS Veteran

This will be our 1st stay at CSR!!!!! I am super excited! Our DD uses a wheelchair full time so we need a H/C room.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #28
szubieta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdi73 View Post
Cant't wait to be there in June for our son's 10th birthday, and his 3rd gotcha anniversary (we adopted him in 2009, and took him to the World). We have never stayed in CSR before, but requested a water view when we go in June.
Awesome!! We too have a gotcha anniv, our is in Jan (6 yrs).

Quote:
It looks to me like you can dock an iPod, but I think I remember Allan (Cafeen) posting that there are no iPod docks. Has anyone been there recently that can answer that?

There is free wi-fi now in all rooms. I have read that it is a trial, but I have also read that it is permanent. I'll do some digging and update the thread info.
I too have read this. Hope its still there thru the end of the year.

Dme DH DS11 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are here now and our room does not have an iPod dock. We are in Casitas 5.
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #30
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
We are here now and our room does not have an iPod dock. We are in Casitas 5.
Thanks very much! Do you have the iHome alarm clock?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: