Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #2956
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
Tomorrow we do online check-in!!! While I'm super excited, I'm also stressing over location. When we booked, I requested 1st floor or near an elevator in Cabanas. Now, DS9 and I were looking at pictures last night and he LOVED 6A in the Ranchos. He begged me to stay there. My biggest thing is to be near a bus, which this would be. Anyone have any experience here?? Is it really that far away from everything? We'll probably head to the big pool a few times and to PM or the store a couple times. Mostly, though, we'll eat breakfast in our room.

Advice??
6A is really out there! It's probably the furthest from the main building. If you said you were going to have breakfast there every morning, it would be one thing, but if you eat in the room most mornings and don't plan on making many trip there, it's not really going to matter. 6A would put you pretty close to the pool and close to a bus stop. If DS is really into Ranchos, go for it!

We will have a car this trip and we also plan on eating breakfast in the room, so our biggest concern is being near the pool. We requested cabanas because it seemed like a good central location. I'm usually "location-obsessive" but this time I just decided to request it and see what happens. We'll find out tomorrow!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #2957
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
Tomorrow we do online check-in!!! While I'm super excited, I'm also stressing over location. When we booked, I requested 1st floor or near an elevator in Cabanas. Now, DS9 and I were looking at pictures last night and he LOVED 6A in the Ranchos. He begged me to stay there. My biggest thing is to be near a bus, which this would be. Anyone have any experience here?? Is it really that far away from everything? We'll probably head to the big pool a few times and to PM or the store a couple times. Mostly, though, we'll eat breakfast in our room.

Advice??
I think Cabanas 8A or 8B are a better option, but you most likely would have no problem getting 6A as I'm sure it is not one requested too often. You can always use the bus to the main building. All buses except the DTD buses make their last stop before leaving the resort at the main building.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #2958
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

I decided to leave it to chance! Just did my online check-in (YAY! ) and only requested ground floor and near transportation. As long as we get that, I think we'll be happy. I guess we'll see in 10 days where we'll stay!!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #2959
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Does anyone have a high resolution scan or picture of the free postcard that was in the bedside table drawer? I can't seem to find mine and would love to add it to my scrapbook
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #2960
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

What are the chances of getting a room before 3pm?

I am trying to talk Dh into arriving more around noon time but he doesnt want to wait for a room. I tried to explain that we can hit up PM have a good lunch hang out at the pool etc. I don't (and wont be able to) want to just "get up when the early alarm goes off" (4:45am with a 10-12hr drive)

I just wanna get to CSR and DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #2961
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1Babe

I am trying to talk Dh into arriving more around noon time but he doesnt want to wait for a room. I tried to explain that we can hit up PM have a good lunch hang out at the pool etc. I don't (and wont be able to) want to just "get up when the early alarm goes off" (4:45am with a 10-12hr drive)

If you do online check-in, you will most likely have a room by noon. If the resort are not busy, rooms are available earlier. Many people have been in their rooms long before noon.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #2962
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the PM has the full sized mickey waffles at the breakfast buffet?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #2963
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

You could drop off your bags and then go enjoy the resort or even head to DTD. We are driving 21 hours straight and plan to do the same. There will be 7 of us this trip and we will be taking turns driving.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #2964
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion View Post
I believe I saw a sign or notice limiting guests to 15 minutes in the hot tub. How "strict" is the resort in enforcing the 15 minute rule in the hot tub?
I have never had anyone tell me or my family to leave a hot tub at Disney. But be careful! I got really sick from spending too much time in a hot tub once (dehydration) so I rarely go in them and when I do, I definitely don't stay in longer than 15 minutes. I also check the temperature before letting my kids in and the rule for them is that they can not stay in longer than their 'year' in minutes. So my 9 year old may not stay in longer than 9 minutes. Their little bodies can't take that heat very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
During breakfast and lunch the Pepper Market is a buffet. At dinner it is not. They have different booths you can go to and pick out food items, but you are charged for each of them. You can get most anything to go from the Pepper Market. We did that a lot!
My mom tried getting some items to go during breakfast (which is buffet) and they would not allow it. Were you able to do this at breakfast or lunch or only dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Hey everyone!

My family and I are heading to CSR October 25th! So excited! Anyhow, we have a very early ADR at Chef Mickey's one morning at 7:40am! It's not on an EMH morning and while my cousin tries to assure me we can do it, I'm worried about being able to get busses that early. Does anyone have any experience with getting from CSR to Chef Mickey's that early on a bus? There is a big group of us too and taking a cab might be pretty difficult (5 adults and we also will have 2 pre-schoolers and a 1 year-old). Any advice? Thanks!
I do not believe the buses will even be running early enough for you to make your reservation on time. I believe buses only start running 1 hour prior to park opening and even if MK opened at 8 am, making a 7 am bus would not give you enough time to get to MK then walk to Contemporary. BUT, there may be early buses for people with early ADRs at MK, I am not sure though. Given that getting between two resorts is such a long time though, I would get a cab ride. You can be there in 10 minutes or so and pay about $15 for a normal cab for 4 people. And you can request vans too - call Mears or check their website for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1Babe View Post

While your chances may be good for getting in about noon, be prepared to not get that room until 3 - have a back up plan in place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
Does anyone know if the PM has the full sized mickey waffles at the breakfast buffet?
When I was there for breakfast on 7/26, they did not have Mickey waffles. They did have waffles but they looked like frozen store ones, no Belgian or fluffy ones so I didn't get any.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #2965
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I have never had anyone tell me or my family to leave a hot tub at Disney. But be careful! I got really sick from spending too much time in a hot tub once (dehydration) so I rarely go in them and when I do, I definitely don't stay in longer than 15 minutes. I also check the temperature before letting my kids in and the rule for them is that they can not stay in longer than their 'year' in minutes. So my 9 year old may not stay in longer than 9 minutes. Their little bodies can't take that heat very well!

EXCELLENT idea re your kids.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #2966
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

"van" cabs

Quote:
Hey everyone!

My family and I are heading to CSR October 25th! So excited! Anyhow, we have a very early ADR at Chef Mickey's one morning at 7:40am! It's not on an EMH morning and while my cousin tries to assure me we can do it, I'm worried about being able to get busses that early. Does anyone have any experience with getting from CSR to Chef Mickey's that early on a bus? There is a big group of us too and taking a cab might be pretty difficult (5 adults and we also will have 2 pre-schoolers and a 1 year-old). Any advice? Thanks!
There are van sized cabs around all the resorts. We used two when we moved from a room only at ASSports to Pop for our MYW weeklong stay, the fare wasn't bad. The distance is longer to the Contemporary.

Why don't you call the cab company and ask the fare for your headcount? I looked it up on the Mears Fare Estimator (from Mousesavers: http://www.mearstransportation.com/s...-estimator.aspand it would be $37 flat rate for a van for you
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #2967
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much everyone! My cousin still doesn't believe me, but I have another 2 months to try and convince her! Half of me wants to make another reservation behind her back just incase we miss the first one!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #2968
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey everyone!

I have never posted here before. We will be staying at CSR from Sept 29 to Oct 6 and can't wait. Last summer we stayed at CBR and had early morning ADR every morning. It is just my husband Lou and I and we are early risers. My best advice is to ask the bus driver for MK breakfasts if they can bring you directly to the resort after they drop at MK. We had a very early breakfast at Cat Cora's restaurant on the boardwalk. A bus drive told us to ask the Hollywood studio bus driver if he had time to drop us at the boardwalk. After he dropped at Hollywood studios he dropped us off. The same driver told us alot of the early morning drivers will drop off at resorts close the park on their route if you ask nicely.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #2969
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Bus service always starts at 6:30 AM. We had an 8:10 ADR for Crystal Palace last year and got on a bus at 7:00 sharp and were at MK by 7:20. It is only about a 10-15 minute walk from the MK bus station to the CR.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #2970
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Help w/ pepper market

We had dinner this evening. I was under the impression that they charged you 10% when you paid for gratuity. I also thought that if you were on the dining plan it covered it. However, this evening our waitress told us when we were leaving that the 10% AND the gratuity was not covered by the dining plan. 2 questions: 1st, I thought the 10% was the gratuity, not that there was 10% fee for eating there(?) and also gratuity. 2nd, were we supposed to leave a tip? There were 4 of us so once we saw the total of $45 we walked back $6. We are so confused & the copy of our receipt has all zeros. Please help.
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contempoary
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: