Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #2896
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Cant remember if I asked this or not.

What would be the best area to request when I do our check - in, not that it's too soon, bout another 50 days but my DH's father is not able to walk long surmountable distances, over and over again.

So I'm wondering, without paying for an upgrade. What would be the best area for us. Closest to the buffet, the pool and bus stops? If there is anything.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #2897
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Cant remember if I asked this or not.

What would be the best area to request when I do our check - in, not that it's too soon, bout another 50 days but my DH's father is not able to walk long surmountable distances, over and over again.

So I'm wondering, without paying for an upgrade. What would be the best area for us. Closest to the buffet, the pool and bus stops? If there is anything.
Cabanas 9A or 9B wasn't too bad ... right in between the pool and food and not very far from 2 bus stops.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #2898
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Does anyone know roughly how many water view rooms there are in each building? For our trip this past March we ended up in Casitas 4, with a water view room. And it was THE perfect location for us. Right next to the health club and a quiet pool, with the bus stop right behind the building. If on another trip we want to aim to be back in Casitas 4 would upgrading to water view again give us the best shot? Or should I book standard and request to be near the health club?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #2899
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Does anyone know roughly how many water view rooms there are in each building? For our trip this past March we ended up in Casitas 4, with a water view room. And it was THE perfect location for us. Right next to the health club and a quiet pool, with the bus stop right behind the building. If on another trip we want to aim to be back in Casitas 4 would upgrading to water view again give us the best shot? Or should I book standard and request to be near the health club?
I would book a water view, then put in a request for casitas 4.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #2900
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
We had the same location last time as well. Its is an awesome location. I always book the waterview. I feel it increases your odds and gives you more negotiating power when you get there. We requested Casitas 4 top floor, but when we got there they had us in Casitas 5. After a brief conversation politely explaining we were going to be there for 14 nights and being that long of a stay it sure would be great to have the location we wanted, she gave me 6 different rooms to pick from in Casistas 4. Great service and great location. A lot of people are too cheap to pay for the waterview so I think the ones that do pay get dibs!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #2901
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyjo1998 View Post
10 days
thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #2902
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Early am character meal

Just booked an 8:25am reservation for Ohana's breakfast. The kids are going to be so excited. We are using the buses. Neither MK or Epcot have EMH that morning. I know the buses start running about an hour before the park opens, so they should start running for us by 8am. On the reservation it says to allow for 1.5 hours if using Disney transportation. What am I missing? Will we have enough time if we are at the bus stop at 8am? Is there an earlier bus for meal reservations?

Thank in advance!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #2903
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five
Just booked an 8:25am reservation for Ohana's breakfast. The kids are going to be so excited. We are using the buses. Neither MK or Epcot have EMH that morning. I know the buses start running about an hour before the park opens, so they should start running for us by 8am. On the reservation it says to allow for 1.5 hours if using Disney transportation. What am I missing? Will we have enough time if we are at the bus stop at 8am? Is there an earlier bus for meal reservations?

Thank in advance!
That would cut it VERY close IF a bus showed up on time, then you'd have to get from MK to the Poly?!?!?
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #2904
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDYMOM View Post
That would cut it VERY close IF a bus showed up on time, then you'd have to get from MK to the Poly?!?!?
Do we need to take a cab? Or is there an earlier bus for early am reservations? Breakfast at Ohana starts at 7:30am.

I've been doing searches all night and getting mixed/confusing answers.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #2905
nancyjo1998
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five

Do we need to take a cab? Or is there an earlier bus for early am reservations? Breakfast at Ohana starts at 7:30am.

I've been doing searches all night and getting mixed/confusing answers.

Thanks
There are busses that run earlier for the early breakfast ADRs. However they do not run as frequently so if you just miss a bus you could be waiting a while for the next one to come along.

Wilderness Lodge - September 19-27, 2009 1st trip!!
Coronado Springs - August 1-14, 2012
Art of Animation - August 14-19, 2012
Bay Lake Towers - March 30, 2013 - April 7, 2013
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #2906
nancyjo1998
Mouseketeer

So super duper excited!!!! We are leaving in the morning for a fantastic 19 days in the world. 14 at Coronado and 5 at AOA. Don't think I will be getting much sleep tonight!!!!!!!!

Wilderness Lodge - September 19-27, 2009 1st trip!!
Coronado Springs - August 1-14, 2012
Art of Animation - August 14-19, 2012
Bay Lake Towers - March 30, 2013 - April 7, 2013
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #2907
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyjo1998 View Post
There are busses that run earlier for the early breakfast ADRs. However they do not run as frequently so if you just miss a bus you could be waiting a while for the next one to come along.
Thank you for the info. Do you know if they stop at the resorts that have character meals, or just at the 4 parks? Either way, we will be sure to allow ourselves plenty of time.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #2908
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post

Thank in advance!
We always book a character breakfast at 8:05 at Crystal Palace on a non-EMH day. We have caught the bus from CSR around 7:15-7:30. The buses run early enough to get everyone to morning ADRs.

You will not have enough time if you get to the bus stop at 8:00. Even if a bus is pulling up to the stop when you arrive, you will still have to transfer to the monorail to get to Poly, and you are supposed to check in 15 minutes before your ADR. 'Ohana generally runs a little behind, so if you are going to a park after breakfast, you might want to be at the Poly by 8:05-8:10 to check in. I'd plan to be at the bus stop no later than 7:30 (I'd personally be there at 7:15). If you want to sleep later, I'd plan for a cab at 7:45.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #2909
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

You just never know with the buses. We found CSR the BEST for buses of anywhere we have stayed. WE only had one issue this year on our week-long stay at CSR. We waited almost 35 minutes for the MK bus. (The one you will need to take), Once you take it to the MK, you will need to take the monorail to the polly. That should be quick as most people will be getting off at the MK. Also allow a little time to walk to the restaurant as well, so and hour and a half is worst case story but also possible. A cab there is about 10.00 if that would be an option for you. Allow 30-45 minutes for that.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #2910
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
We always book a character breakfast at 8:05 at Crystal Palace on a non-EMH day. We have caught the bus from CSR around 7:15-7:30. The buses run early enough to get everyone to morning ADRs.

You will not have enough time if you get to the bus stop at 8:00. Even if a bus is pulling up to the stop when you arrive, you will still have to transfer to the monorail to get to Poly, and you are supposed to check in 15 minutes before your ADR. 'Ohana generally runs a little behind, so if you are going to a park after breakfast, you might want to be at the Poly by 8:05-8:10 to check in. I'd plan to be at the bus stop no later than 7:30 (I'd personally be there at 7:15). If you want to sleep later, I'd plan for a cab at 7:45.
This is very helpful, thank you! I should have put a confused face after the 8:00. A half hour definitely isn't enough time, which is why I assumed there had to be earlier buses. But I wanted to be sure about that. No chance of us sleeping in with not one but 4 early birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
You just never know with the buses. We found CSR the BEST for buses of anywhere we have stayed. WE only had one issue this year on our week-long stay at CSR. We waited almost 35 minutes for the MK bus. (The one you will need to take), Once you take it to the MK, you will need to take the monorail to the polly. That should be quick as most people will be getting off at the MK. Also allow a little time to walk to the restaurant as well, so and hour and a half is worst case story but also possible. A cab there is about 10.00 if that would be an option for you. Allow 30-45 minutes for that.
Thank you for the info. We will plan to be at the bus stop around 7am, now that I know they run that early. I'd rather be waiting at the Poly because we're early than be stressed at a CSR bus stop with 4 anxious kids wondering where that darn bus is!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: