Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #2851
stnet
Mouseketeer

We returned on Sunday July 22nd from our week long stay at Coronado. This was my 1st experience with a moderate (usually stay deluxe or DVC) and the resort was really nice. We were a group going down for the Soccer tournament (had 9 rooms booked). We arrived at the hotel around 3:00 and after some confusion on where to check in - I just assumed it was at the regular front desk didn't realize there was a separate check in area for conventions - we received 7 of our 9 rooms. We were in Ranchos 7a - I knew this was going to be a hike from all the reading here but when you actually hike it - WOW!!! 1st stop was Cafe Rix for lunch - good food different variety which was nice. I really enjoyed it - the line was somewhat confusing - some people did not know to just take the food if it was sitting there they were still trying to order - other than that it was good. After eating we trekked over to Ranchos to check out our rooms. The rooms that were ready were very clean and the space was good even with 1 adult and 3 kids. I never felt cramped in the room at all and really enjoyed the doors that shut into the vanity area. I noticed them cleaning the room next door to us so I called to the front to see if it was one of our rooms and it was so now we were just down to 1 room being left not ready. We walked around a little checking out the area and noticed that they were not cleaning any more rooms in our area so made another call to see if last room was ready - it finally was at 5:30 pm!! Our luggage finally arrived to our room at 7:30 pm - SOAKING WET - luckily there were only a few items out of all our luggage that was ruined from the rain. We had opted to use Garden Grocer to get some breakfast items - so glad we did that would not have been a pleasant walk every day back to the front!! The fridge in our room didn't feel very cold and I was worried it wasn't working - the guy dropping the groceries off told me to turn the knob all the way up however my fridge did not have one!!! The other rooms were also concerned about how cool they would keep everything but we had no trouble at all with the fridges keeping up and they were pretty full. We did eat at Pepper Market for lunch several times and really enjoyed it - the service was spotty but overall very good. Housekeeping cleaned well every day really the only complaint from our group was they weren't leaving coffee packets but we were able to chase them down a few times and get some. The bus transportation was pretty good - our longest waits were for the Magic Kingdom bus - once for 40 minutes apparently due to a rain storm over the Magic Kingdom area and one other time around 9:00 pm for about 50 minutes. Never took the bus to Downtown Disney but I did notice that there did not seem to be very many of those buses around!! The pool area was great. Our location was wonderful for our event transportation, the disney buses, the quiet pool, laundry room and for the dig site pool. Everyone we encountered at the resort was very friendly and helpful. Overall we enjoyed the resort and would stay there again as part of a convention - however for my family we are looking forward to using our DVC memebership again!!! Also they were doing a lot of upkeep while we were there - lots of painting and what appeared to be deep cleaning. One other note - there were several large groups staying at the resort for different events going on there and at Disney - they were not real noticeable only a few times were we waiting at the bus stop along with another group. The resort seems to absorb the large number of occupants really well.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #2852
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn
Just completed my online check in! Just 10 days to go!

This is our first stay at CSR, so I don't know if this is new or not, but when you do online check in, it gives you an option to request which section you want to stay in. I've never noticed a choice like that at other resorts - only vague selections like "first floor" or "close to transportation".
Huh. I just did online check in at the 10-day mark for CSR and I never got any such option. Maybe because I booked a preferred room?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #2853
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post
Huh. I just did online check in at the 10-day mark for CSR and I never got any such option. Maybe because I booked a preferred room?
That's strange. . There was a little box for "special requests" - I think you had to click on it to open the option. It said something like "we try to honor, but these are just requests" and you could pick up to 2.

I would think even a preferred room would give you the option to pick ground floor or request a crib.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #2854
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

I'm going to forgo online check in since the requests I want are not an option. My TA will call in or fax my requests, and then I'll ask nicely when we show up when we are assigned a room.

51 days!! Getting so excited!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #2855
Pixiedust34

Just read that the door locks will be upgraded during August through September. These are probably for the Next Gen RFID cards.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #2856
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Going Nov. 2013 and this will be our first stay at CSR. Can't wait.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #2857
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Just read that the door locks will be upgraded during August through September. These are probably for the Next Gen RFID cards.
Was this for CSR or all of Disney? We will being soon & if they have the new cards I don't want our credit card linked to it anymore.
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
Old 07-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #2858
Pixiedust34

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Was this for CSR or all of Disney? We will being soon & if they have the new cards I don't want our credit card linked to it anymore.
They are transitioning all rooms at all resorts. CSR is on the schedule for Aug./Sept., but I don't know the time frame for other resorts. I guess you could ask at check in if your room key will be RFID cards.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #2859
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Just curious, but why not?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #2860
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me about the internal transportation at CS, are they taking people around in golf carts?

thank you

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #2861
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

That's strange. . There was a little box for "special requests" - I think you had to click on it to open the option. It said something like "we try to honor, but these are just requests" and you could pick up to 2.

I would think even a preferred room would give you the option to pick ground floor or request a crib.
Nope. Not for me. There was a free-form text box on mine where you could type in text, but no check boxes etc. I just figured that the preferred rooms had no options. Ah well. We booked preferred because we wanted the Casitas and there really isn't anything else we want/need.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #2862
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

I have requested Casitas but did not pay for preferred. What do you think our chances are for getting Casitas? Ranchos and Cabanas don't look fun to me and Ranchos is so far from the main building.

How is the arcade there? We like to play the games for tickets to get prizes. Do they have a lot of those types of games?

Thanks

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #2863
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert

Can anyone tell me what the current mug pattern is?

I don't want to start an argument on reusing mugs, but if they are the same I will take them with for the 2 we have, and buy the other 2 their own.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #2864
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Just curious, but why not?
Not sure if credit card info is stored on the card or not. When the key to the world is read that info is passed insecurely. I see the potential for thieves to have a heyday. Until I know more I'm not going to risk it.
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #2865
saffsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joceyposse View Post
My family and I will be staying at CSR September 29-October 7th, with free dining. This will be my 8th WDW trip, but it is our first time at CSR and we can't wait!
we are there sept 30th - oct 6th!!!!

first visit....surprise! @ CSR 09/30-10/06

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: