Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #271
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I wonder what that will do for those of us who don't use the DDP? I expect that for those of us who want a smaller breakfast (like maybe just a waffle or something) it will be prohibitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
I was thinking the same thing about Pepper Market when you are not on ddp. Any news on prices or if you can just get something small?
Ask and you shall receive! I'm thinking of renaming this thread "Buzz's Latest News", because he comes through for us once again:

The new breakfast and lunch buffet at the Pepper Market at Disney's Coronado Springs is set to open on December 4th. Dinner will remain the same at both locations with Maya Grill to get a new menu towards the end of the year.

Breakfast Buffet• Adult - $14.99•Child – $8.99 (Ages 3 to 9).
Lunch Buffet• Adult Buffet $16.99•Child - $9.99 (Ages 3 to 9).

Breakfast & Lunch Buffet will be a counter service credit redemption and NOT a table service credit redemption.

There will not be any a la carte items available, but they will do everything to accommodate guests needs.


We don't do the DDP, so I think the prices would be high for us to eat at PM for breakfast or lunch. We are much more likely to eat dinner there, though, and we usually eat breakfast in the room. Disney probably knows this - most people are at the parks during the day and might eat at the resort at night.

Cafe Rix will still be available for grab and go foods.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #272
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer
 
FloridaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I wonder what that will do for those of us who don't use the DDP? I expect that for those of us who want a smaller breakfast (like maybe just a waffle or something) it will be prohibitive.
This was my concern. After I priced up some meals on AllEars, I came to the conclusion that DDP wouldn't be worth it for us this time. When it's free, we do it but, we'd be overpaying for it this time. The menus from PM was a big draw for us since we've only booked 1 TS meal for this trip. Kinda doing this trip on the cheap before our APs expire.
But, I've never had a problem finding something to eat in Disney so, I'm sure my fork and I will be just fine.
__________________
FloridaDreaming
FloridaDreaming is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #273
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Ask and you shall receive! I'm thinking of renaming this thread "Buzz's Latest News", because he comes through for us once again:

The new breakfast and lunch buffet at the Pepper Market at Disney's Coronado Springs is set to open on December 4th. Dinner will remain the same at both locations with Maya Grill to get a new menu towards the end of the year.

Breakfast Buffet• Adult - $14.99•Child – $8.99 (Ages 3 to 9).
Lunch Buffet• Adult Buffet $16.99•Child - $9.99 (Ages 3 to 9).

Breakfast & Lunch Buffet will be a counter service credit redemption and NOT a table service credit redemption.

There will not be any a la carte items available, but they will do everything to accommodate guests needs.


We don't do the DDP, so I think the prices would be high for us to eat at PM for breakfast or lunch. We are much more likely to eat dinner there, though, and we usually eat breakfast in the room. Disney probably knows this - most people are at the parks during the day and might eat at the resort at night.

Cafe Rix will still be available for grab and go foods.
The prices really aren't that bad for cash. We ate there twice last month, once for lunch and once for dinner. My lunch bill alone was more than $16.99. I had fajitas, ice cream and churros, and a drink. If memory serves me correctly the kid's meal was $8.49, so $9.99 is more. Dh had the chicken quesadillas and water, his bill was $11.99. DS also had the same as dh.

I suppose there will still be the service charge?
lovethattink is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #274
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer
 
FloridaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 325

So, since it's a counter service still, technically, there's no ADRs then, right? Just a walk up buffet?

ETA-
I do agree that the price isn't really that bad for a buffet. We have ordered CS meals that have equaled or exceeded that price.
__________________
FloridaDreaming
FloridaDreaming is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #275
JennyT2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 387

Yes, pricing isn't too bad. Since it's a buffet, do we know if the price includes a drink? If it does, than it is even more attractive.
__________________
7 Previous Trips to WDW
2 Magical Fantasy Cruise May/2012 and May/2014

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
JennyT2 is offline  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #276
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
Yes, pricing isn't too bad. Since it's a buffet, do we know if the price includes a drink? If it does, than it is even more attractive.
No, I guess it isn't bad, especially if it includes a drink. Character breakfasts are at least double (of course), but even Boma is about $25 for adults for breakfast.

Lunch actually seems pretty reasonable to me. My initial sticker shock was for breakfast, but breakfast entrees on the current PM menu are about $10, and juice is an extra $3.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #277
JennyT2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 387

Yes I find breakfast high too as I prefer to just get a bagel and coffee but some mornings my dh wants a little more. Hmmmmm .... Don't know what we would do on that day
__________________
7 Previous Trips to WDW
2 Magical Fantasy Cruise May/2012 and May/2014

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
JennyT2 is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #278
Drscholls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
Yes I find breakfast high too as I prefer to just get a bagel and coffee but some mornings my dh wants a little more. Hmmmmm .... Don't know what we would do on that day
You can get that from Cafe Rix
Drscholls is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #279
smitty1212
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21

Laundry Facility Question

Hello! I saw that the machines each cost $2 - my question is do they provide/sell detergent on site?
__________________
smitty1212 is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #280
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer
 
FloridaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1212 View Post
Hello! I saw that the machines each cost $2 - my question is do they provide/sell detergent on site?
Detergent is available for purchase in the laundry room. It's sold vending machine style. I don't recall the price as well usually bring a couple travel size detergent packets from home. Much cheeper found in the travel size section from Target. But yes, you can purchase it there.
__________________
FloridaDreaming
FloridaDreaming is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #281
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drscholls View Post
You can get that from Cafe Rix
What other items does the grab and go offer for breakfast? We usually like to get a bowl of oatmeal or cereal, a banana, a blueberry muffin, etc. I was hoping to use a few snack credits.

We will probably have the full breakfast buffet at least 3 mornings, but the other mornings hoping to just get by on grab and go items.
__________________
Hoosier Mom is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #282
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
What other items does the grab and go offer for breakfast? We usually like to get a bowl of oatmeal or cereal, a banana, a blueberry muffin, etc. I was hoping to use a few snack credits.

We will probably have the full breakfast buffet at least 3 mornings, but the other mornings hoping to just get by on grab and go items.
They have boxed cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants, yogurt, etc.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #283
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
They have boxed cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants, yogurt, etc.
Thanks for the info.
__________________
Hoosier Mom is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #284
szubieta
DIS Veteran
 
szubieta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 878

I am getting a little nervous...I emailed my TA Tues and she hasn't rec'd our Travel Doc's/Luggage Tags yet. When do these usually get sent out? TIA!
__________________




Dme DH DS11 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
szubieta is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #285
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by szubieta View Post
I am getting a little nervous...I emailed my TA Tues and she hasn't rec'd our Travel Doc's/Luggage Tags yet. When do these usually get sent out? TIA!
They usually are sent out about 3 weeks ahead of time. Since you are leaving in 15 days (according to your ticker), I'd check with the TA again and if she still hasn't received the docs, have her call WDW.

If you don't get the docs before your trip, there are work arounds. It just isn't as convenient. If you don't get the DME luggage tags, just take your baggage claim tickets to the DME counter and describe your bags to them. They will go get your bags and transport them to your room for you. The DME counter can also help you get vouchers to board the DME since you wouldn't have the vouchers that come in the mail.

The only other thing you would be missing is the coupons that come with a package booking. Those come separate from the DME mailing, and maybe your TA can work something out with WDW to get those to you.
Maggie'sMom is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: