Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #2791
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Unfortunately, I've been reading it's been closing at 6 PM. !!!! If anyone can verify this, that would be nice. It seems like a very early time for a pool bar to close.

I did order some beer from Garden Grocer, but it's nice to have the bar option for different drinks, refills for our mugs, and snacks.
Are you allowed to bring your own alchohol to the pool areas? I would assume no glass, like most places. But since my husband and I are driving, we could easily *and for a better price* bring our own beer/wine from home.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #2792
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521

Are you allowed to bring your own alchohol to the pool areas? I would assume no glass, like most places. But since my husband and I are driving, we could easily *and for a better price* bring our own beer/wine from home.
Yes, you can bring your own drinks as long as you don't use glass bottles.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #2793
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
I drank beer in cans by the quiet pool all the time last trip with no problems. FYI they now sell 6-packs at Ranchitos for only $15. Used to be $35 a couple of years ago. I know you Americans are used to paying alot less, but here in western Canada a case of beer is $25, so I have no problem paying that price buying at a resort.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #2794
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
Good question. I hadn't even thought about if it was included. I was assuming it wasn't since it isn't for TS meals and just budgeted for it to be OOP.

I would be shipping something through the USPS, so that's good to know.

Do you know where we could ship something from WDW to home? We're going on a cruise after our stay and would like to ship our costumes from MNSSHP and purchases back to MD. Thanks!

That is what I'm trying to do is budget for tips. All our TS meals are at the park or DTD. So I need to make sure I have enough for tips. We will proably eat at the pepper market maybe once a day.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #2795
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I drank beer in cans by the quiet pool all the time last trip with no problems. FYI they now sell 6-packs at Ranchitos for only $15. Used to be $35 a couple of years ago. I know you Americans are used to paying alot less, but here in western Canada a case of beer is $25, so I have no problem paying that price buying at a resort.
Thank you! I don't blame you being happy with that price, $25!!! YIKES

Old 07-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #2796
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Quote:
Great question!!! I was wondering the same myself!!!

I see you are from Ma, the DW and I drove down in 2010, it was fun!! Hope you guys have a safe and fun drive down

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
WOW!!! $25 beans!!! Good to know about the 6ers at Ranchitos for $15
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 07-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #2797
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
Great question!!! I was wondering the same myself!!!

I see you are from Ma, the DW and I drove down in 2010, it was fun!! Hope you guys have a safe and fun drive down
Sure am From a small town on the south shore. I did the drive also in 2007. I loved it. My husband has never been so he is even more excited!! Can't wait for my first stay on site though.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #2798
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you

Thank you! I don't blame you being happy with that price, $25!!! YIKES
Yeah, the government here heavily taxes alcohol and tobacco. I don't smoke, but I believe the going rate for a pack of smokes here is about $11. $35 is crazy for a 6-pack anywhere, so I was quite pleased to see CSR lower the price to $15.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #2799
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Such great info on CSR in this thread! I'm impatiently waiting to book our 2nd trip to WDW, as soon as the 2013-2014 school calendar is released. We're going to go over fall break in October.

Our 1st trip was this past February. We can't wait to come back! We stayed at POFQ; it was such a pretty, compact resort. However, when I was planning that trip, my initial reaction was wanting to stay at Coronado. After reading about the size of it, I got a little scared with it being our first trip, and opted for POFQ instead. Now that we've got that one experience in with parks, buses, ADRs, etc, I'm ready to try CSR.

I'm hoping for Cabanas area, knowing this is only a request. Close to a bus stop is very important to us, as well as the Dig Site. I think 8A looks perfect, even 9B looks right between the pool/main building and close to a bus stop. How does the early ADR morning buses work? Will those still stop at all 4 stops?

Also, if we were feeling lazy, we could grab any park bus (no matter which area) and get off at the main building stop to get to PM, correct? And then, after the parks, if we got off at the main stop to fill our mugs, we could grab a DTD bus to get back to our room stop. Is that right? I think I've confused myself.

Me DS6

Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #2800
HJH
Earning My Ears

Water View Room Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
yes, any body of water does count as waterview at WDW.
All rooms have 2 queen-size beds, hardwood furniture, desk and chair, vanity area with sink, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, complimentary wi-fi, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the pool or lake.

I copy and pasted the above water view description for CSR from Disney's reservation system. It does not include fountains in the description of water view, only pool or lake. Just wondering if anyone was told different upon check in. We arrive this Friday and have a waterview room booked. Just curious. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #2801
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I had no problem bringing wine in a can to the pool area on my trip.... I just had a lot of people ask me what it was out of curiosity...

Although the daiquiris there can not be beat
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #2802
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJH View Post
All rooms have 2 queen-size beds, hardwood furniture, desk and chair, vanity area with sink, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include flat-panel TV, in-room wall safe, voice mail, complimentary wi-fi, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the pool or lake.

I copy and pasted the above water view description for CSR from Disney's reservation system. It does not include fountains in the description of water view, only pool or lake. Just wondering if anyone was told different upon check in. We arrive this Friday and have a waterview room booked. Just curious. Thanks!
I believe that the lion fountain between casita 2 and 3 and others are considered waterview.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #2803
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Staying here in 38 days! Quick question - planning on having Costco deliver water. Anyone know what CSR will charge me for this? If it's exorbitant, I will have it shipped to AKL where we are spending the first 3 days of our trip. Just wanted to avoid having bell services transfer it between resorts.

TIA!
There are written amounts that the business center will charge you for deliveries but there are times when they do not bother to assess those charges.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #2804
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246
There are written amounts that the business center will charge you for deliveries but there are times when they do not bother to assess those charges.
That has been my experience. Not that I'm complaining. . In any case, I think once I was charged $10, but the box was really heavy. This is one of those cases where I'm not unhappy about the charge if it is a convenience for me. For me, I'll gladly pay $10 if it a question of keeping me sane. :lol:
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #2805
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJH View Post

I copy and pasted the above water view description for CSR from Disney's reservation system. It does not include fountains in the description of water view, only pool or lake.
That was why I was originally chuckling but I wouldn't rule out anything when it comes to Disney. The Poly has 1-2 rooms that under extreme circumstances can be used as "lagoon view" but rarely does so according to Tikimon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: