Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #2731
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The trick is to go in through the exit, this is where all the drinks are. You can fill your mug and be gone without fighting your way through the morning line up.
You rock! Just what I was looking for. We are rope drop people - we eat breakfast while waiting for the bus (cereal bars, etc) And I was/am a little nervous about getting drinks and getting to the bus efficiently. Hopefully we get the Cabanas 9A or 9B like I requested!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #2732
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
But are these places open at 7 or 8 in the morning?
no
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #2733
michsig
DIS Veteran

Forgive me if this was already asked or answered somewhere, I couldn't go through all 101 pages! BUT - do ALL rooms have an iron and ironing board? The last time we were there we didn't use it, but I will definitely need it this time. I don't remember if there was one or not. We have reservations for a king room .. hopefully cabanas!
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #2734
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsig View Post
Forgive me if this was already asked or answered somewhere, I couldn't go through all 101 pages! BUT - do ALL rooms have an iron and ironing board? The last time we were there we didn't use it, but I will definitely need it this time. I don't remember if there was one or not. We have reservations for a king room .. hopefully cabanas!
yes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #2735
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Today, I actually added an extra day on the end of our stay at ASMu. Can we just call/bring our bags to bell services and they'll take them to ASMu for us? Do we need to go check-in to the new hotel or can we go to the parks and show up late that night?[/QUOTE]

We did a similiar thing--added an extra day to the end of our stay at CSR (so our entire stay was there, we weren't changing resorts.) I went to the front desk on the morning of our "extra" day (which is what they told me to do at check in.) Got new KTTW. The kids & I headed off to Epcot while DH stayed behind for a little quiet time. He was going to meet us a little later at Epcot. Got to the park, put our KTTW thru the turnstile & nothing! The CM sent us to guest relations. Come to find out, our new KTTW didn't have our remaining park ticket on it. It was only a keycard to get in/out of our resort room! Luckily, before we left for the park, I had grabbed one of our original KTTW, which just happened to be DH's. The CM was able to pull up our information using that & determine we still had a park ticket remaining on our pkg. He gave us paper one day tickets so we could get into Epcot. Called DH (still back at the resort) to tell him he would have to go to guest relations & pick up his paper ticket. The CM was very helpful and the whole process went smoothly, taking about 15mins. BUT--was very stressful for me at the time.

SO---make sure your KTTW have all of your pkg information transferred to the new one when adding a day. Not sure how this works since you're switching resorts. Not an expert on that, but wanted to share our experience.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #2736
fadingjamie
Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

Subbing to get all the up-to-date details on CSR for our Disneymoon!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip), Upcoming: August 2015 Quick trip to DLR then WDW @ CSR
Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #2737
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Can someone fill me on on the ME route to CSR? I know I may get 5 different answers but that is ok. Would like to just a rough idea.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #2738
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Congrats!

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #2739
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Can someone fill me on on the ME route to CSR? I know I may get 5 different answers but that is ok. Would like to just a rough idea.
I believe CSR shares the same ME route with AKL and the All-Stars. When we stayed at CSR, we were dropped off first (but I'm not sure there were any AKL guests on our bus - most of the bus was All-Star guests).

From what I understand, the bus usually lets the CSR guests off before the All-Star guests (but, again, not sure about AKL).

On the way back to MCO, the bus was empty when we got on and didn't stop at any other resorts. So it was all CSR guests (I was kind of surprised by that).
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #2740
Peacefrog
Earning My Ears

Just returned from a great trip at CSR July 7th-14th. At check-in, we were assigned Ranchos. I'm no fool. After reading these boards, I knew better. I asked if anything was available in Cabanas. Yes, if I was willing to wait. Sure. I'm on vacation. I have nothing but time. Headed to the pool so my 2 boys could finally see the slide in person, and not on You Tube. Hung at at the pool for a few hours and went to check on room. Ready! Cabanas 8A. CM was awesome and very accomodating.

Got to room and this is where the only real dissappointment of the week was. Nice enough room style-wise, but needed a little attention to detail. And before anyone says, "Oh, another picky reviewer", ask yourself, is seeing someone elses bra lying on the floor (and pretty sure it wasn't my wifes, judging by the color and, um, size), considered a detail? Ok, it wasn't in total plain view, but really? It also wasn't shoved under a mattress. But it was also the small things, like moving the phone and having dust balls fly up and the shower tiles really needed to have the mildew cleaned off. But hey, if you're looking for something, you'll find it.

Other than the room, which we didn't really spend a lot of time in anyway, I loved the heck out this place. It really is a beautiful resort and I took some time to walk the perimeter and take a ton of pics. Its a shame, because I think I like the theming of the Ranchos the best, just not the distance. Kids loved the pool, marshmallows, movies and mugs. My 10 yo loved Pepper Market and the quesedilla's and churros. Staff was very friendly and professional. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Peacefrog; 07-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #2741
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog View Post
Just returned from a great trip at CSR July 7th-14th. At check-in, we were assigned Ranchos. I'm no fool. After reading these boards, I knew better. I asked if anything was available in Cabanas. Yes, if I was willing to wait. Sure. I'm on vacation. I have nothing but time. Headed to the pool so my 2 boys could finally see the slide in person, and not on You Tube. Hung at at the pool for a few hours and went to check on room. Ready! Cabanas 8A. CM was awesome and very accomodating.

Got to room and this is where the only real dissappointment of the week was. Nice enough room style-wise, but needed a little attention to detail. And before anyone says, "Oh, another picky reviewer", ask yourself, is seeing someone elses bra lying on the floor (and pretty sure it wasn't my wifes, judging by the color and, um, size), considered a detail? Ok, it wasn't in total plain view, but really? It also wasn't shoved under a mattress. But it was also the small things, like moving the phone and having dust balls fly up and the shower tiles really needed to have the mildew cleaned off. But hey, if you're looking for something, you'll find it.

Other than the room, which we didn't really spend a lot of time in anyway, I loved the heck out this place. It really is a beautiful resort and I took some time to walk the perimeter and take a ton of pics. Its a shame, because I think I like the theming of the Ranchos the best, just not the distance. Kids loved the pool, marshmallows, movies and mugs. My 10 yo loved Pepper Market and the quesedilla's and churros. Staff was very friendly and professional. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents
I thought I might have left my bra there! Can you please send it back to me?? Seriously though, that's kinda nasty...at least it wasn't underwear, right?!

About your room location...did you happen to request a location when you booked? What time did you check in and how long did it take them to get the new room ready? I guess they just text you when it's ready?

Glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for the review!

Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #2742
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Congratulations I am planning mine as well. Just got married June 10th and will be on our Disneymoon September 2-8. I will make sure to come back with some details

Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #2743
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I believe CSR shares the same ME route with AKL and the All-Stars. When we stayed at CSR, we were dropped off first (but I'm not sure there were any AKL guests on our bus - most of the bus was All-Star guests).

From what I understand, the bus usually lets the CSR guests off before the All-Star guests (but, again, not sure about AKL).

On the way back to MCO, the bus was empty when we got on and didn't stop at any other resorts. So it was all CSR guests (I was kind of surprised by that).
It must vary, because they dropped off at the All Star Resorts first and then headed to CSR when we rode ME. I'm not sure if anyone from AKL was on the bus or not.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #2744
Peacefrog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
I thought I might have left my bra there! Can you please send it back to me?? Seriously though, that's kinda nasty...at least it wasn't underwear, right?!

About your room location...did you happen to request a location when you booked? What time did you check in and how long did it take them to get the new room ready? I guess they just text you when it's ready?

Glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for the review!
OK it's in the mail

I actually requested Casitas through my AAA rep, and the CM said he had no note of that, and after reading this thread, decided Cabanas might be the best location. We checked in around 12:30 and the room was ready around 3. They were supposed to text, and they give you a number to call also. Didn't get the text and called a couple times, but never ready. So finally, around 3, I just decided to walk to the front and ask if it was ready.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #2745
Robundrh2o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog View Post

Just my 2 cents
My wife and I were down there this past weekend. Stayed over in the 6A section. Love the resort theme and room size. Thankfully it was very well kept and had no complaints with that aspect of it. Our ONLY gripe with this resort is the food quality. We did Peppers on a previous trip and did not like it. The wait staff was borderline rude and the kitchen staff did not seem to care if people were waiting. Overall the attitude was far less that you'd expect at Disney. Food quality was so-so, nothing to write home about. This trip we did Rix Cafe. Same thing, no sense of urgency behind the counter especially with many hungry people in line. When we did get our food, again it was nothing special. The food at ASMo and Pop seemed better than here. I kinda expect if I'm paying more everything should be a little better than the Values. But overall still love the rooms, pool and resort in general.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: