Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #2686
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion View Post
Is the marina still shut down?
Unfortunately yes. Doubt it will re-open.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #2687
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,192

Strange question, but does anyone know if you can use your refillable mugs at Pepper Market for dinner? I know at the other mods, you can use them at the CS restaurants, but it sounds like PM is set up a little differently than your typical CS restaurant.

And on the same topic, where are all the places to refill your mugs? Cafe Rix and Siesta's?

Thanks!
__________________

HLAuburn is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #2688
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Strange question, but does anyone know if you can use your refillable mugs at Pepper Market for dinner? I know at the other mods, you can use them at the CS restaurants, but it sounds like PM is set up a little differently than your typical CS restaurant.

And on the same topic, where are all the places to refill your mugs? Cafe Rix and Siesta's?

Thanks!
Yes, you can use them at the Pepper Market. Just set them on the table and waiter will fill them. They can be refilled at the Pepper Market either by the waiter or you can take them to the bar area on the right as you walk in the door. They can also be refilled at Cafe Rix or Siesta's. You can do it yourself at Cafe Rix and at Siesta's the CM does.
aubriee is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #2689
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley
 
orangecats2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elyria, OH
Posts: 937

9 weeks until DH and I are at CSR - our first non-value.
__________________


me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #2690
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,631

65 days out and I just placed our Garden Grocer order!

Our groceries will be delivered when we are in a park. Upon returning to CSR for the evening, is it best to stop by bell services in person to ask for delivery, or can we call from our room to ask? I remember we asked in person last time, but I can't remember if that was because we had to or that's just the way we did it.

I'm so looking forward to relaxing at the Dig Site!
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2691
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
65 days out and I just placed our Garden Grocer order!

Our groceries will be delivered when we are in a park. Upon returning to CSR for the evening, is it best to stop by bell services in person to ask for delivery, or can we call from our room to ask? I remember we asked in person last time, but I can't remember if that was because we had to or that's just the way we did it.

I'm so looking forward to relaxing at the Dig Site!
You can call, but I would probably stop by in person. They will dig the stuff out while you are standing there and probably give you a ride back to your room with your supplies.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #2692
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando
 
Buckimion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 855

*61 days until vacation starts. 62 until we get to WDW.
__________________
Me DW
Buckimion is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #2693
Paradise18
DIS Veteran
 
Paradise18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 776

So excited

Last week I had to cancel our planned family trip for the end of August. We were going to stay at CSR for the first time and I was really looking forward to it. We are now planning our family trip for August 2013.

Here is why I am so excited. Yesterday, DH surprised me and told me he booked airfare for the two of us to go to WDW in October. It is just going to be the two of us. We are going to miss the kids like crazy, but I am looking forward to a different paced trip, going to the Food and Wine Festival and we get to stay at CSR!!! I am so happy right now.
__________________
Paradise18 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #2694
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer
 
E&As Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 132

Heading back... but not until 2013

I cannot wait to get back to CSR; unfortunately that won't be for about 14 months!!!!

DH and I have been pricing out different options, different weeks and so on over the last few days. We originally thought we'd bite the bullet and try to stay at YC or BC, but it really is just too big of a jump! DH suggested shortening the trip but I stopped him right there! Since we're not heading to the World as a family this year, I'm already having a hard time... I am so not making my next trip shorter than normal.

So, it's looking most likely we'll head back to CSR from 9/7 to 9/15 in 2013. Hoping to get a room out in Ranchos 7B again (yes, we actually requested Ranchos in 2011!!). We loved the location; we don't have the need to go to El Centro too often, and even if we do, it's less than a 10 minute walk each way.

At any rate, I can't wait to get back there again. Of all of the resorts we've stayed at (and I know we haven't experienced too many of them), we absolutely fell in love with CSR.
__________________
Me DH DD (12) DD (9)

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count
1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World
2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World
2010 - CBR
2011 - CSR
2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK
2013 - CSR
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
E&As Mom is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2695
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

Quick question! We are doing a 1/2 AK day followed by the rest of the day at CSR hanging by the pool before dinner at Raglan Road in DTD. We want to do lunch by the pool at Siestas (mmm nachos and pina colada!!) and I was wondering if it's any good?? We'd be getting a chicken fingers plate, nachos, and the buffalo chicken sandwich. Experiences with the food at siestas? Drinks too!
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #2696
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando
 
Buckimion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 855

Yow.

Just tried to run the numbers on changing my current res of Sept. 14-22 to a split stay except it is reporting that CSR is now booked full Sept. 18-22 during my revised dates and won't give me numbers.

Looks like I'm keeping my original trip but the buses could be fun.
__________________
Me DW
Buckimion is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #2697
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran
 
cjsm&d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Acton, ME
Posts: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Quick question! We are doing a 1/2 AK day followed by the rest of the day at CSR hanging by the pool before dinner at Raglan Road in DTD. We want to do lunch by the pool at Siestas (mmm nachos and pina colada!!) and I was wondering if it's any good?? We'd be getting a chicken fingers plate, nachos, and the buffalo chicken sandwich. Experiences with the food at siestas? Drinks too!
We ate there on our first day last time at CSR while enjoying the pool and waiting for our room.

DW and DS had the chicken tenders and thought they were fine...

..also I reallyliked the Electric Lemonade, and DW was partial to the Raspberry Crush...
__________________
Disney Vets
1976 (mom only)- Poly, 1991- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 1995- Outside, 1996- Yacht Club, 2004-Outside, 2006- AKL (4)/WL (5), 2008- Outside, 2009- POR, 2010- CSR, 2011- CSR/Swan, April 15, 2013- POR[/U]
[/B]
cjsm&d is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #2698
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion View Post
Yow.

Just tried to run the numbers on changing my current res of Sept. 14-22 to a split stay except it is reporting that CSR is now booked full Sept. 18-22 during my revised dates and won't give me numbers.

Looks like I'm keeping my original trip but the buses could be fun.
There is a Children's Miracle Network convention at CSR September 19-21, with people arriving earlier, so I expect there is a block of rooms reserved for them. Attendees have to register by August 31, so the block may not be lifted until that date. That might be too late for you to make changes unless you booked room only, but you might want to keep checking.

They probably won't impact the buses at all, except maybe in the afternoons if they go to the parks then.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #2699
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando
 
Buckimion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
There is a Children's Miracle Network convention at CSR September 19-21, with people arriving earlier, so I expect there is a block of rooms reserved for them. Attendees have to register by August 31, so the block may not be lifted until that date. That might be too late for you to make changes unless you booked room only, but you might want to keep checking.

They probably won't impact the buses at all, except maybe in the afternoons if they go to the parks then.
Whew.
__________________
Me DW
Buckimion is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #2700
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,425

I'm sorry... I don't have time to read the whole thread so I am hopping someone can help me out!!

We have reservations for a KING room Oct 11-19. Are the King rooms spread throughout the resort or are they in one general location?

Is it best to request a certain location or just go with the flow?

Do the buildings have elevators? My hubby has bad knees and after a full day of walking stairs can be brutal.

We LOVE to relax in the hot tub at night. Back to my room request question should I try and request a certain location to be nearer the hot tub?

Thanks so much in advance!!
smile4stamps is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: