Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #256
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I will try to stop by CSR on the 4th, if not it will be the 9th.
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #257
StitchandPooh'sMom

More info from Buzz:

Pepper Market will still be a counter service location for all three meals. Breakfast and lunch will be buffet, while dinner will be a la carte. Maya Grill will not be serving breakfast after the PM conversion, but it will receive a new dinner menu in late December/early January.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #258
THERESA522
DIS Veteran

Today I switched my May ressie from POR to CSR and have read through all the pages this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information! I am so excited to learn some more about this awesome resort.

POR 2012, AKL 2010, Pop 2009, Pop 2008, POFQ 2008, AsMo 2007, Dolphin 1998, off-site 1993, off-site 1987, off-site 1st trip 1979!

Last edited by THERESA522; 11-30-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #259
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERESA522 View Post
Today I switched my May ressie from POR to CSR and have read through all the pages this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information! I am so excited to learn some more about this awesome resort.

They are both great resorts. At one time POR was my favorite. But CSR has won my heart back. I hope you will enjoy CSR every bit as much as I have!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #260
THERESA522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
They are both great resorts. At one time POR was my favorite. But CSR has won my heart back. I hope you will enjoy CSR every bit as much as I have!
Thanks! I'm always excited to have the luxury of bringing my kids (and myself!) to Disney and CSR looks wonderful.

POR 2012, AKL 2010, Pop 2009, Pop 2008, POFQ 2008, AsMo 2007, Dolphin 1998, off-site 1993, off-site 1987, off-site 1st trip 1979!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #261
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
More info from Buzz:

Pepper Market will still be a counter service location for all three meals. Breakfast and lunch will be buffet, while dinner will be a la carte. Maya Grill will not be serving breakfast after the PM conversion, but it will receive a new dinner menu in late December/early January.
Any clues what a "counter service buffet" might mean?

I like the idea of a southwestern-style buffet, but this sounds like it might be a lower class of food compared to the full-up table service buffets elsewhere on property.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #262
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

This is going to be our first visit to CSR - booked a 4 night post cruise stay b/c of the 25% off. We usually stay at POFQ. I have been reading this post and I just want to confirm that Cabana 8a or 8b is good for a standard room? We like to be close to bus stop as due to some health issues, I am usually exhausted by the end of the day. Thanks

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
Old 11-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #263
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post

I like the idea of a southwestern-style buffet, but this sounds like it might be a lower class of food compared to the full-up table service buffets elsewhere on property.
I wonder if it might mean fewer choices than some of the other breakfast buffets - the breakfast standards, but maybe not some of the more unusual items. I'd like to see a southwestern buffet, too, or at least an omelet station with some interesting choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
This is going to be our first visit to CSR - booked a 4 night post cruise stay b/c of the 25% off. We usually stay at POFQ. I have been reading this post and I just want to confirm that Cabana 8a or 8b is good for a standard room? We like to be close to bus stop as due to some health issues, I am usually exhausted by the end of the day. Thanks
Cabana 8A is our favorite spot, and we were steps away from the cabanas bus stop. CSR has four bus stops, so requesting a room close to a bus stop gives you a lot of choices.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #264
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post

Hard to speculate at this point. We arrive on Dec 14th for a 2 week stay. I will post on here as soon I get a chance to check it out.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #265
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

It's official. I've just booked our April trip to Disney and CSR was the winner! I'm so excited to stay here again. Not sure how thrilled I am about PM becoming a buffet but, we'll see. Will surely be following along here to see the reviews come in.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #266
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
It's official. I've just booked our April trip to Disney and CSR was the winner! I'm so excited to stay here again. Not sure how thrilled I am about PM becoming a buffet but, we'll see. Will surely be following along here to see the reviews come in.
Yay for you!!!

Pepper Market shouldn't be too bad...Breakfast and Lunch will be a CS credit buffet, but dinner will be a CS regular-style meal like they are currently doing. I agree, I am kind of 'eh' about the buffet news as I really dislike most buffets...but since it will still be a CS credit on the DDP it should be tolerable.

Me-29: -&- DH-34:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #267
MickeyMoguls
Earning My Ears

This last hour at work is killing me! We are starting our trip in 5 hours...still have more packing to do...I really can't wait to get to CSR for our first stay. Thank you to everyone on this board for all the great reviews and tips about this resort. We are so excited that we picked it! I can't believe that I'll finally be in the World tomorrow! I feel like a little kid at Christmas!

1987- off site, 1990- off site, 1998-honeymoon off site, 2011- Anniversary trip CSR

Old 12-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #268
THERESA522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMoguls View Post
This last hour at work is killing me! We are starting our trip in 5 hours...still have more packing to do...I really can't wait to get to CSR for our first stay. Thank you to everyone on this board for all the great reviews and tips about this resort. We are so excited that we picked it! I can't believe that I'll finally be in the World tomorrow! I feel like a little kid at Christmas!
Have a wonderful time and lots of pixie dust along the way!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #269
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Yay for you!!!

Pepper Market shouldn't be too bad...Breakfast and Lunch will be a CS credit buffet, but dinner will be a CS regular-style meal like they are currently doing. I agree, I am kind of 'eh' about the buffet news as I really dislike most buffets...but since it will still be a CS credit on the DDP it should be tolerable.
I wonder what that will do for those of us who don't use the DDP? I expect that for those of us who want a smaller breakfast (like maybe just a waffle or something) it will be prohibitive.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #270
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

I was thinking the same thing about Pepper Market when you are not on ddp. Any news on prices or if you can just get something small?

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: