Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #2671
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC
I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?
Uh, yup. So it it appears.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #2672
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?
No, these are not Pop Warner cheerleaders, these are the cheerleaders that perform in the taping of the x-mas day parade which takes place that weekend. They are nothing like PW cheerleaders, much more behaved and well-mannered.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #2673
kimnscott
Mouseketeer

subbing
Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #2674
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Visiting again in December

Hi all,

Thank you for keeping this thread going. It's great to have so much information at your fingertips.

Last week I booked our next trip. We are coming back to CSR the week of 12/10. But, shhhh, the kids don't know. Hopefully I can keep the secret! We told our Little Guy that when he reached 40" we would go back to Disney. But of course, he reached that magical height just as our newest member arrived. I am so proud of him. He has patiently waited to go back always saying that he just wants his baby brother to meet Mickey.

I'm so excited to be going back to CSR. We really enjoyed our stay in December 2010.

I noticed somewhere in this thread a different type of coffee maker in the rooms. Is this new in all of the rooms?

Thanks!
Jen.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #2675
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Hi all,

Thank you for keeping this thread going. It's great to have so much information at your fingertips.

Last week I booked our next trip. We are coming back to CSR the week of 12/10. But, shhhh, the kids don't know. Hopefully I can keep the secret! We told our Little Guy that when he reached 40" we would go back to Disney. But of course, he reached that magical height just as our newest member arrived. I am so proud of him. He has patiently waited to go back always saying that he just wants his baby brother to meet Mickey.

I'm so excited to be going back to CSR. We really enjoyed our stay in December 2010.

I noticed somewhere in this thread a different type of coffee maker in the rooms. Is this new in all of the rooms?

Thanks!
Jen.
Yes, there should be new coffee makers in all the rooms.

Enjoy planning your surprise!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #2676
pooch
I feel so special now!!

long overdue mini-review

DH, DGS and I stayed at CRS in early May. DH is not a WDW fan but agreed to go because of DGS (2) coupled with a visit with our DD who currently lives in Orl. and works at another area theme park. DD and I always stay at POP since we do nothing but sleep & shower at the resort. But I knew DH wouldn't like it. Since we've stayed at all the other mods, I chose CSR for the trip.

We were given a room in the Cabanas section 8B, very close to the Dig Site. Since I had DD pick up a stroller for us down there (and she wasn't there yet) DGS had to walk to the room. It was a LOOONG walk for him, especially because the CM at checkin only showed us the building on the map, not the room location. We got on the elevator and found our room was allllllll the way on the other side, in -out-around corners-left or right-where is the room???? Oh, here it is at the absolute farthest point from the elevator!!! We never used the elevator again!! People on this thread have discussed elevator position in a Casitas building, well this is no better. Why there is no elevator, ice machine, vending machine on the far end of the building is a mystery to me!! On the plus side, the room was very convenient to the Dig Site which DGS loved (forget the parks, we could have just stayed there all week!) and Bus Stop #4 which we only used a few times as DD had a car & free parking. The walk to El Centro, once we got the stroller, was pleasant & not too far.

Ate breakfast at PM twice & for us, it was a waste of CS (Free QSDP). Neither DGS or I ate enough to justify using a CS. After the 2nd day, we just got stuff from Cafe Rix. The buffet was delicious but between DH, DGS & me, we probably only ate 1 full plate. PM dinner was very good. I especially recommend the half rotisserie chicken, sucked every last bit of meat off the bones, licked my fingers - fabulous!! Went back & complimented the chef at that station. DH & DD also thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. DH had the pasta & sausage dish twice.

CMs were all extremely friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to speak with several managers during our stay (no problems, they were just in the area) and they were top notch, asking how they could make our stay more pleasant (could you put an elevator on the other side of our building???). DGS loved playing with the castle setup in Panchitos (CM kept telling me we could ship one home )

Overall. the resort was very nice and we enjoyed our stay but I don't think we'd stay here again. It was too spread out (don't like CBR for the same reason) and I didn't care for the Southwest theming. I'm afraid my "Moderates" heart still belongs to POFQ.

Thanks for all the help here and, for those going to CSR, don't let me sway you. It really is a great resort, just not my taste.

Pooch

Last edited by pooch; 07-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #2677
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Worrying over this convention issue. Wondering if we should switch to another resort... My only other mod options are CBR for an extra $150 or POR Royal Room for an extra $200...

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #2678
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Worrying over this convention issue. Wondering if we should switch to another resort... My only other mod options are CBR for an extra $150 or POR Royal Room for an extra $200...
As stated earlier, these are NOT the Pop Warner cheerleaders that are staying at the CSR. I'm not sure which moderate is hosting the Pop Warner group this year, but I know it is not the Coronado. It is usually POR or CBR.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2679
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
DH, DGS and I stayed at CRS in early May. DH is not a WDW fan but agreed to go because of DGS (2) coupled with a visit with our DD who currently lives in Orl. and works at another area theme park. DD and I always stay at POP since we do nothing but sleep & shower at the resort. Bit I knew DH wouldn't like it. Since we've stayed at all the other mods, I chose CSR for the trip.

We were given a room in the Cabanas section 8B, very close to the Dig Site. Since I had DD pick up a stroller for us down there (and she wasn't there yet) DGS had to walk to the room. It was a LOOONG walk for him, especially because the CM at checkin only showed us the building on the map, not the room location. We got on the elevator and found our room was allllllll the way on the other side, in -out-around corners-left or right-where is the room???? Oh, here it is at the absolute farthest point from the elevator!!! We never used the elevator again!! People on this thread have discussed elevator position in a Casitas building, well this is no better. Why there is no elevator, ice machine, vending machine on the far end of the building is a mystery to me!! On the plus side, the room was very convenient to the Dig Site which DGS loved (forget the parks, we could have just stayed there all week!) and Bus Stop #4 which we only used a few times as DD had a car & free parking. The walk to El Centro, once we got the stroller, was pleasant & not too far.

Ate breakfast at PM twice & for us, it was a waste of CS (Free QSDP). Neither DGS or I ate enough to justify using a CS. After the 2nd day, we just got stuff from Cafe Rix. The buffet was delicious but between DH, DGS & me, we probably only ate 1 full plate. PM dinner was very good. I especially recommend the half rotisserie chicken, sucked every last bit of meat off the bones, licked my fingers - fabulous!! Went back & complimented the chef at that station. DH & DD also thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. DH had the pasta & sausage dish twice.

CMs were all extremely friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to speak with several managers during our stay (no problems, they were just in the area) and they were top notch, asking how they could make our stay more pleasant (could you put an elevator on the other side of our building???). DGS loved playing with the castle setup in Panchitos (CM kept telling me we could ship one home )

Overall. the resort was very nice and we enjoyed our stay but I don't think we'd stay here again. It was too spread out (don't like CBR for the same reason) and I didn't care for the Southwest theming. I'm afraid my "Moderates" heart still belongs to POFQ.

Thanks for all the help here and, for those going to CSR, don't let me sway you. It really is a great resort, just not my taste.

Pooch

Thanks for the review, Pooch. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that DGS enjoyed the pool. I'm glad you gave it a try.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2680
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Yes. Otherwise, having a convention at your resort is a good thing. They aren't riding the busses or swimming in the pools etc since they're busy "conventioning". I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy your stay.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #2681
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
These are not the Pop Warner cheerleaders. I was there with them this past Nov 26th-Dec 4th. They are there for the Christmas parade taping and were not a problem. I saw a bunch of them their first night walking toward the convention center and almost had a heart attack. I've been at POFQ when it was used for the overflow for the Pop Warner kids and had a horrible week with the Pop Warner kids. The NCA/NDA cheerleaders were nothing like Pop Warner kids. They were very well supervised and very polite and well mannered. Now granted I was in Cabanas 9A and don't think I had any in my building, so that may have colored my view, but even though I saw them running around and saw a few on the buses, they never caused the slightest problem that I could see. There were alot of them in Cafe Rix every morning and every night, filling their mugs, but they were all very polite.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-13-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #2682
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Thank you all - feeling much better!!!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2683
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reassuring posts! I have been reading up and it seems that this group is not like the Pop Warner groups. I'm not nearly concerned as I was last night!!

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2684
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
DH, DGS and I stayed at CRS in early May. DH is not a WDW fan but agreed to go because of DGS (2) coupled with a visit with our DD who currently lives in Orl. and works at another area theme park. DD and I always stay at POP since we do nothing but sleep & shower at the resort. Bit I knew DH wouldn't like it. Since we've stayed at all the other mods, I chose CSR for the trip.

Pooch
Thanks for the honest review. The last 2 times we have stayed at a moderate it has been POFQ. I prefer CSR but we stayed at POFQ since the girls were smaller the slide there was more there speed. I sort of feel like we have outgrown POFQ and will be back at CSR next month. But I prefer CSR overall to POFQ. But everyone has there favorite. I think next year we may try POR it has been a bit snce we have stayed there.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #2685
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Is the marina still shut down?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: