Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #2656
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
My daughter (13) and I are booked at CBR currently. But I'm thinking about switching to CSR. Do you like CSR better for any reasons?
Well, you are asking this question on the CSR thread.

I haven't stayed at CBR, but the reasons we choose CSR are queen beds, great bus transportation, a much better pool for teens (my DD13 ranks the CSR pool and slide only behind the Beach Club pool and slide), sliding doors near the vanity (much better for privacy than the curtain) and good dining choices. We haven't stayed at CSR since the Pepper Market started a buffet for breakfast and lunch - they are a great value on the dining plan since they count as one quick service credit. We usually eat dinner at Pepper Market or by the pool and enjoy both.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #2657
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

I haven't stayed at CBR, but the reasons we choose CSR are queen beds, great bus transportation, a much better pool for teens (my DD13 ranks the CSR pool and slide only behind the Beach Club pool and slide), sliding doors near the vanity (much better for privacy than the curtain) and good dining choices. We haven't stayed at CSR since the Pepper Market started a buffet for breakfast and lunch - they are a great value on the dining plan since they count as one quick service credit. We usually eat dinner at Pepper Market or by the pool and enjoy both.
Agree with all of this.

However, we were there on the dining plan and had the buffet lunch 3 times at the Pepper Market. We really liked it. We enjoyed our entire visit a lot. You can find a LOT of pictures I posted on the Resort Photos thread.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #2658
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Agree with all of this.

However, we were there on the dining plan and had the buffet lunch 3 times at the Pepper Market. We really liked it. We enjoyed our entire visit a lot. You can find a LOT of pictures I posted on the Resort Photos thread.

I figured I'd get some great CSR opinions. lol! I'm really leaning towards switching over my reservation tomorrow. The reviews sound and look great, everywhere I read! Thank you so much!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #2659
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I was just there for 14 nights in December and it wasn't always the AK bus.
I'm not saying your wrong, but maybe it's like you said that due to holiday volume, things were changed. I was just there in late May/early June and it was always the AK bus.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #2660
Lovemy3babes

Just a few questions. Sorry if I overlooked these!

1. I booked a preferred room. Do you have a favorite preferred location?

2. There is still free wireless, right? I will have to do some work on our trip.

3. How late is the main pool and slide open?

4. I am not sure I understand how dinner works at Pepper Market. We'll need to eat there on our arrival evening. There is some sort of stamp card? We will be on the dining plan if that matters.

Thanks everyone!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #2661
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Just a few questions. Sorry if I overlooked these!

1. I booked a preferred room. Do you have a favorite preferred location?

2. There is still free wireless, right? I will have to do some work on our trip.

3. How late is the main pool and slide open?

4. I am not sure I understand how dinner works at Pepper Market. We'll need to eat there on our arrival evening. There is some sort of stamp card? We will be on the dining plan if that matters.

Thanks everyone!
1. We don't book preferred since we like the cabanas the best. But, I'd probably say casita 3 since it is nearer to the bus stop, still close to the main building, and closest of the preferred buildings to the main pool. Next choice would be casita 1 since it is right next to the main building. Last choice would be casita 2, primarily because the elevators in casita 2 only go to the third floor, but there are four floors. You either have to climb the stairs to the fourth floor or take the casita 3 elevator and walk around. If they assign you a room that starts with 24xx, I would ask to be moved.

2. Yes, still free wireless.

3. The slide usually closes around 8 or 9, depending on the time of year. The pool is open a couple of hours after the slide closes, so it will be open until 10 or 11.

4. On the DDP, dinner at Pepper Market is a quick service credit. You choose one entree, one dessert and a drink per person. You can pay out of pocket for anything else (or use snack credits). I think they still stamp your card if your are on the DDP. We always pay OOP and they stamp the card.

You will go into the Pepper Market, where you will be seated at a table and a server will get your drinks and bring your silverware. You take your card up to the different stations and they stamp what you order. When you leave, you will pay for your meal. There is a 10% service charge at dinner to cover the server, but there have been conflicting reports as to whether people on the DDP are charged the 10%. You can charge it to your room if you don't want to carry cash.

Alternatively, you can choose to take your food to go and you won't be charged the 10%. If it is a nice evening (and it probably will be in October), there are lots of tables out by the lake. They will package your food and send you on your way.

We prefer to eat outside unless it is really hot or raining.

Here is a link to the Pepper Market menu (it says lunch and dinner at the top, but it is just dinner. Lunch is a buffet.):

http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

CSR has other quick service options for dinner as well - Cafe Rix (down the hall from Pepper Market), Laguna Bar (outside by the lake) and Siesta's by the pool. I think food at Siesta's stops at 6, though.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #2662
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Booked!!!!

Staying at AKV Kidani w/ DxDDP renting DVC points for 2 night first.

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
2 adults 2 children (age 2 and 3)
$2909

Swapped from the LM rooms since they are excluded. Upgraded to a mod - CSR - upgraded to DxDDP and still saved almost $900!!!!

I am THRILLED!!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2663
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Booked!!!!

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
$2909

Swapped from the LM rooms since they are excluded. Upgraded to a mod - CSR - upgraded to DxDDP and still saved almost $900!!!!

I am THRILLED!!!
Congratulations! Have a great time! 2 nights at AKV is just right. We loved it there when we did a split, but were ready to move on after a couple of days. Just enough time for a meal at Jiko and Boma, two of our faves!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #2664
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
I'm not saying your wrong, but maybe it's like you said that due to holiday volume, things were changed. I was just there in late May/early June and it was always the AK bus.
I was at CSR June 12-20 and the EPCOT bus was the only bus that went to BB. They must change it!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #2665
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Booked!!!!

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
$2909

I am THRILLED!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have stayed CSR nine times, and last year we stayed at AKV Kidani. We LOVE both resorts equally. The only reason that the AKV might get a slight edge was my love of giraffes and sitting on the balcony with them outside my window every morning and afternoon.

You will love both resorts.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #2666
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
1. We don't book preferred since we like the cabanas the best. But, I'd probably say casita 3 since it is nearer to the bus stop, still close to the main building, and closest of the preferred buildings to the main pool. Next choice would be casita 1 since it is right next to the main building. Last choice would be casita 2, primarily because the elevators in casita 2 only go to the third floor, but there are four floors. You either have to climb the stairs to the fourth floor or take the casita 3 elevator and walk around. If they assign you a room that starts with 24xx, I would ask to be moved.

2. Yes, still free wireless.

3. The slide usually closes around 8 or 9, depending on the time of year. The pool is open a couple of hours after the slide closes, so it will be open until 10 or 11.

4. On the DDP, dinner at Pepper Market is a quick service credit. You choose one entree, one dessert and a drink per person. You can pay out of pocket for anything else (or use snack credits). I think they still stamp your card if your are on the DDP. We always pay OOP and they stamp the card.

You will go into the Pepper Market, where you will be seated at a table and a server will get your drinks and bring your silverware. You take your card up to the different stations and they stamp what you order. When you leave, you will pay for your meal. There is a 10% service charge at dinner to cover the server, but there have been conflicting reports as to whether people on the DDP are charged the 10%. You can charge it to your room if you don't want to carry cash.

Alternatively, you can choose to take your food to go and you won't be charged the 10%. If it is a nice evening (and it probably will be in October), there are lots of tables out by the lake. They will package your food and send you on your way.

We prefer to eat outside unless it is really hot or raining.

Here is a link to the Pepper Market menu (it says lunch and dinner at the top, but it is just dinner. Lunch is a buffet.):

http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

CSR has other quick service options for dinner as well - Cafe Rix (down the hall from Pepper Market), Laguna Bar (outside by the lake) and Siesta's by the pool. I think food at Siesta's stops at 6, though.
This is just what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #2667
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

DH and I are looking at booking our 10 day midApril 2014 trip at CSR. It has been a lot of years since our last stay there (have been sampling a lot of the other resorts since), so my memory of the resort is a bit foggy. IIRC the last time we were there we were in the Cabanas. But due to a pair of knees that need replacing, we're opting for a preferred room this time. I know they're in Casitas 1,2,and 3. I'll also probably request a ground floor room for medical reasons.

So here's my question. Should I go ahead and book it now (room only) to ensure availability of a preferred room? I know that I can always apply a room only discount later on if one comes along. But if I book now will I blow any chance of getting a PIN for next spring? I've been grinding my teeth because I've gotten 2 PINS in the last 2 months that I can't use, since we're not going this year. WWYD?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #2668
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
Congratulations! Have a great time! 2 nights at AKV is just right. We loved it there when we did a split, but were ready to move on after a couple of days. Just enough time for a meal at Jiko and Boma, two of our faves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have stayed CSR nine times, and last year we stayed at AKV Kidani. We LOVE both resorts equally. The only reason that the AKV might get a slight edge was my love of giraffes and sitting on the balcony with them outside my window every morning and afternoon.

You will love both resorts.
Thank you both! Since honeymooning at AKL, my mom has drooled over our pictures and dreamed of staying there one day. It wa way too much $$$ for this trip (her first!!!), but I managed to eek enough out for 2 nights in a villa at Kidani to kick off our trip! I won't tell her until we pull up! She picked CSR over all the mods - she loves the pictures and the hot tub!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #2669
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #2670
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?
I'm afraid it means exactly what you think!

Apparently the dancers/cheerleaders will be performing in the Christmas parade taping that weekend, and it looks like they're staying at CSR....all 500+ of them!

Some people aren't bothered by them at all, but we've stayed at the All Star resorts while they were there and they drive me crazy! They were practicing their cheers in the middle of the lobby and a lot of noise from outside late into the night. But I think they probably meet/practice in the convention halls, so maybe it won't be a big impact on the resort.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: