Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #2626
jackie101
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 782

Do the buses go directly to water parks or do you have to stop at DTD 1st? What about coming back? Thanks -
jackie101 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #2627
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
Do the buses go directly to water parks or do you have to stop at DTD 1st? What about coming back? Thanks -
I am not sure about Blizzard Beach but on the way to DTD and the way back, the bus stopped at Typhoon Lagoon. This was in June....
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #2628
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
Do the buses go directly to water parks or do you have to stop at DTD 1st? What about coming back? Thanks -
We are doing a "just waterpark" trip in a few weeks for my DDs birthday, so I looked into this a little. I found out that the bus to BB is a direct 10 min ride. But, to get to TL, you have to take a bus to DTD and transfer to another bus that goes to TL - it takes about 30 min. I think we'll be driving that day!
__________________

HLAuburn is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #2629
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
We are doing a "just waterpark" trip in a few weeks for my DDs birthday, so I looked into this a little. I found out that the bus to BB is a direct 10 min ride. But, to get to TL, you have to take a bus to DTD and transfer to another bus that goes to TL - it takes about 30 min. I think we'll be driving that day!
Are you 100% positive?? Is this new? I was there last month and on our way (we went three different times) to DTD the same bus stopped at TL first and then continued to DTD. For us it was a pain since we were going to DTD but good for people going to TL...
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #2630
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?
 
Gibbygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Show Me State
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Are you 100% positive?? Is this new? I was there last month and on our way (we went three different times) to DTD the same bus stopped at TL first and then continued to DTD. For us it was a pain since we were going to DTD but good for people going to TL...
This is what we experienced in June also. Ditto on the "pain" as we were always DTD bound too (or worse, coming back from DTD & then the TL people got on. Bus driver had to tell people to put shoes & shirts on--yuck!)
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS): (DD)
Gibbygirl is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #2631
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Are you 100% positive?? Is this new? I was there last month and on our way (we went three different times) to DTD the same bus stopped at TL first and then continued to DTD. For us it was a pain since we were going to DTD but good for people going to TL...
No, definitely NOT 100% positive! That's just what I could gather from my searching online. In fact, I HOPE I am wrong!

It really doesn't make sense to send people in bathing suits all the way to DTD to transfer buses, especially when there probably aren't a whole bunch of people going to DTD in the middle of the day.

Thanks for the clarification!
__________________

HLAuburn is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #2632
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
No, definitely NOT 100% positive! That's just what I could gather from my searching online. In fact, I HOPE I am wrong!

It really doesn't make sense to send people in bathing suits all the way to DTD to transfer buses, especially when there probably aren't a whole bunch of people going to DTD in the middle of the day.

Thanks for the clarification!
Have a great time!!
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #2633
Mater246
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39

When the water parks are in operation, the AK bus stops at BB and the DtD bus stops at TL.
Mater246 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #2634
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
When the water parks are in operation, the AK bus stops at BB and the DtD bus stops at TL.
That makes sense! Thanks!
__________________

HLAuburn is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #2635
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,091

While we are on this topic...how about Winterland/Summerland? I think I need to get on the BB bus and walk from there. But BB closes at 5 when I am there. How do I get to the mini golf after 5?
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani


Valgoof is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #2636
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
This is what we experienced in June also. Ditto on the "pain" as we were always DTD bound too (or worse, coming back from DTD & then the TL people got on. Bus driver had to tell people to put shoes & shirts on--yuck!)
LOL.. Luckily no shirtless people on our bus ride back.. Even when there were no people - they had to stop b/c it was the route...

Personally I would drive to the water parks only b/c they freeze the bus... I cant imagine after being in the water getting on a freezing bus.. I was shivering all the way to DTD...
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #2637
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,602

Just upgraded from pop with the QSDP to CSR with the RDP. For next month. It was the only moderate with a standard room left. But it will make Dh happy CSR is his favorite resort. I'm going to keep this a secret for now. I was amazed I was able to get all of the adr's the times were only off around 10-15 mintues. Even got the HDDR for our last night the 5pm show with catagory 3 seating.

The only thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to make breakfest work for the girls. Can you get a muffin or something without having to go to the buffett. Dh don't really do breakfest and lunch. Usually one or the other but my girls need something in the am.
__________________

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #2638
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just upgraded from pop with the QSDP to CSR with the RDP. For next month. It was the only moderate with a standard room left. But it will make Dh happy CSR is his favorite resort. I'm going to keep this a secret for now. I was amazed I was able to get all of the adr's the times were only off around 10-15 mintues. Even got the HDDR for our last night the 5pm show with catagory 3 seating.

The only thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to make breakfest work for the girls. Can you get a muffin or something without having to go to the buffett. Dh don't really do breakfest and lunch. Usually one or the other but my girls need something in the am.
You can get muffins at Cafe Rix or at the coffee counter window at the Pepper Market.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #2639
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just upgraded from pop with the QSDP to CSR with the RDP. For next month. It was the only moderate with a standard room left. But it will make Dh happy CSR is his favorite resort. I'm going to keep this a secret for now. I was amazed I was able to get all of the adr's the times were only off around 10-15 mintues. Even got the HDDR for our last night the 5pm show with catagory 3 seating.

The only thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to make breakfest work for the girls. Can you get a muffin or something without having to go to the buffett. Dh don't really do breakfest and lunch. Usually one or the other but my girls need something in the am.
Cafe Rix has muffins, bagels, croissants, etc.... Have a great time!!
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #2640
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
While we are on this topic...how about Winterland/Summerland? I think I need to get on the BB bus and walk from there. But BB closes at 5 when I am there. How do I get to the mini golf after 5?
The buses continue to go to Winterland/Summerland until closing. We always go to WDW in December when BB closes at 5pm and frequently head over there for a game of mini-golf. Its seriously only a 4 min bus ride from CSR.

To correct another post above. It's not always the AK bus that goes to BB, sometimes its the DHS or Epcot bus. They pick which ever park is supposed to be the slowest that day and go with that bus. I can't comment on TL because its always closed for rehab in Dec when we go. I find this very irritating that they rehab at the same time every year. We've spent 3 of the last 4 Christmas at WDW for 14 nights at a time and never seen TL. We always have a blast at BB, but would be nice to try TL.
saskdw is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: