Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #2626
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Do the buses go directly to water parks or do you have to stop at DTD 1st? What about coming back? Thanks -
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #2627
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
Do the buses go directly to water parks or do you have to stop at DTD 1st? What about coming back? Thanks -
I am not sure about Blizzard Beach but on the way to DTD and the way back, the bus stopped at Typhoon Lagoon. This was in June....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #2628
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
We are doing a "just waterpark" trip in a few weeks for my DDs birthday, so I looked into this a little. I found out that the bus to BB is a direct 10 min ride. But, to get to TL, you have to take a bus to DTD and transfer to another bus that goes to TL - it takes about 30 min. I think we'll be driving that day!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #2629
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
We are doing a "just waterpark" trip in a few weeks for my DDs birthday, so I looked into this a little. I found out that the bus to BB is a direct 10 min ride. But, to get to TL, you have to take a bus to DTD and transfer to another bus that goes to TL - it takes about 30 min. I think we'll be driving that day!
Are you 100% positive?? Is this new? I was there last month and on our way (we went three different times) to DTD the same bus stopped at TL first and then continued to DTD. For us it was a pain since we were going to DTD but good for people going to TL...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #2630
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Are you 100% positive?? Is this new? I was there last month and on our way (we went three different times) to DTD the same bus stopped at TL first and then continued to DTD. For us it was a pain since we were going to DTD but good for people going to TL...
This is what we experienced in June also. Ditto on the "pain" as we were always DTD bound too (or worse, coming back from DTD & then the TL people got on. Bus driver had to tell people to put shoes & shirts on--yuck!)
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #2631
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
No, definitely NOT 100% positive! That's just what I could gather from my searching online. In fact, I HOPE I am wrong!

It really doesn't make sense to send people in bathing suits all the way to DTD to transfer buses, especially when there probably aren't a whole bunch of people going to DTD in the middle of the day.

Thanks for the clarification!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #2632
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
No, definitely NOT 100% positive! That's just what I could gather from my searching online. In fact, I HOPE I am wrong!

It really doesn't make sense to send people in bathing suits all the way to DTD to transfer buses, especially when there probably aren't a whole bunch of people going to DTD in the middle of the day.

Thanks for the clarification!
Have a great time!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #2633
Mater246
Earning My Ears

When the water parks are in operation, the AK bus stops at BB and the DtD bus stops at TL.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #2634
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
When the water parks are in operation, the AK bus stops at BB and the DtD bus stops at TL.
That makes sense! Thanks!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #2635
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

While we are on this topic...how about Winterland/Summerland? I think I need to get on the BB bus and walk from there. But BB closes at 5 when I am there. How do I get to the mini golf after 5?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #2636
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
This is what we experienced in June also. Ditto on the "pain" as we were always DTD bound too (or worse, coming back from DTD & then the TL people got on. Bus driver had to tell people to put shoes & shirts on--yuck!)
LOL.. Luckily no shirtless people on our bus ride back.. Even when there were no people - they had to stop b/c it was the route...

Personally I would drive to the water parks only b/c they freeze the bus... I cant imagine after being in the water getting on a freezing bus.. I was shivering all the way to DTD...
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #2637
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Just upgraded from pop with the QSDP to CSR with the RDP. For next month. It was the only moderate with a standard room left. But it will make Dh happy CSR is his favorite resort. I'm going to keep this a secret for now. I was amazed I was able to get all of the adr's the times were only off around 10-15 mintues. Even got the HDDR for our last night the 5pm show with catagory 3 seating.

The only thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to make breakfest work for the girls. Can you get a muffin or something without having to go to the buffett. Dh don't really do breakfest and lunch. Usually one or the other but my girls need something in the am.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #2638
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just upgraded from pop with the QSDP to CSR with the RDP. For next month. It was the only moderate with a standard room left. But it will make Dh happy CSR is his favorite resort. I'm going to keep this a secret for now. I was amazed I was able to get all of the adr's the times were only off around 10-15 mintues. Even got the HDDR for our last night the 5pm show with catagory 3 seating.

The only thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to make breakfest work for the girls. Can you get a muffin or something without having to go to the buffett. Dh don't really do breakfest and lunch. Usually one or the other but my girls need something in the am.
You can get muffins at Cafe Rix or at the coffee counter window at the Pepper Market.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #2639
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

Cafe Rix has muffins, bagels, croissants, etc.... Have a great time!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #2640
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
While we are on this topic...how about Winterland/Summerland? I think I need to get on the BB bus and walk from there. But BB closes at 5 when I am there. How do I get to the mini golf after 5?
The buses continue to go to Winterland/Summerland until closing. We always go to WDW in December when BB closes at 5pm and frequently head over there for a game of mini-golf. Its seriously only a 4 min bus ride from CSR.

To correct another post above. It's not always the AK bus that goes to BB, sometimes its the DHS or Epcot bus. They pick which ever park is supposed to be the slowest that day and go with that bus. I can't comment on TL because its always closed for rehab in Dec when we go. I find this very irritating that they rehab at the same time every year. We've spent 3 of the last 4 Christmas at WDW for 14 nights at a time and never seen TL. We always have a blast at BB, but would be nice to try TL.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: