Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #2611
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

71 days!!! So excited!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #2612
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Is breakfast still served at Maya Grill? Or has it switched over to Cafe Rix?
We will be there in Sept and my husband loves a big, sit down, full service breakfast every morning. It's the main reason we stayed at CSR over other moderates...
Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #2613
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove
Here's my slightly over due review of our stay at CSR in May ...

We (DH and I)booked a UK package via Disney to stay at CSR for 14 days from 11th to the 25th May, we booked a 'standard' room with 14 day park hopper tickets and free QSDP...

I have full dining reviews here : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933068
I have been reading your reviews and I see that you had spent a fair amount of time in DTD. How was the CSR to DTD bus service? I've heard it can be sketchy.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #2614
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post
We will be there in Sept and my husband loves a big, sit down, full service breakfast every morning. It's the main reason we stayed at CSR over other moderates...
Thanks!
Maya Grill no longer serves breakfast. Pepper Market serves a breakfast (and lunch) buffet that is one quick service credit on the dining plan. Cafe Rix has some lighter breakfast items like pastries and breakfast sandwiches.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #2615
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
Hi everyone, I got it the wrong way around! When going to parks we got the bus from El Centro so it left straight away,

when going to DTD we went to bus stop 4.

I know a lot of people like to get on the buses first and I guess with kids etc or poor health thats a great idea - but I'm incredibly impatient!!!
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #2616
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Lunch?!

Staying at CSR for the first time in a few weeks, and I have a question about lunch. We plan to arrive early and spend the day at the resort/pool, so I was wondering where to eat for lunch. It doesn't look like CSR has a counterservice restaurant like I'm used to at the other mods - is that right?

Cafe Rix looks more deli/grab-n-go casual and Pepper Market is a buffet, but we aren't interested in that since we have a big birthday dinner planned for that night.

So any suggestions for a nice lunch? Thanks!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #2617
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Staying at CSR for the first time in a few weeks, and I have a question about lunch. We plan to arrive early and spend the day at the resort/pool, so I was wondering where to eat for lunch. It doesn't look like CSR has a counterservice restaurant like I'm used to at the other mods - is that right?

Cafe Rix looks more deli/grab-n-go casual and Pepper Market is a buffet, but we aren't interested in that since we have a big birthday dinner planned for that night.

The food at the main pool lounge (counter service) is basic but pretty good! We checked in early and hung around the pool until our room was ready (actually we were having fun so it was awhile after our room was ready).

Here is the Siesta Pool bar menu (Some items change probably)
http://allears.net/menu/men_siesta.htm

The Laguna bar, behind the main building by the water also has pizza and sandwiches.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_laguna.htm
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #2618
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
The food at the main pool lounge (counter service) is basic but pretty good! We checked in early and hung around the pool until our room was ready (actually we were having fun so it was awhile after our room was ready).

The Laguna bar, behind the main building by the water also has pizza and sandwiches.

Lunch counter service options at CSR are Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, Siesta's and Laguna Bar (which is fine for kids despite the name - there are tables outside). If you are on the dining plan and plan to use a quick service credit, Pepper Market's buffet is only one quick service credit (if you can stop yourself from eating too much yummy food since you have a dinner that night). If you are paying out of pocket, the other restaurants offer lighter and less expensive options.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #2619
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Lunch counter service options at CSR are Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, Siesta's and Laguna Bar (which is fine for kids despite the name - there are tables outside). If you are on the dining plan and plan to use a quick service credit, Pepper Market's buffet is only one quick service credit (if you can stop yourself from eating too much yummy food since you have a dinner that night). If you are paying out of pocket, the other restaurants offer lighter and less expensive options.
Thanks for the suggestions! Siesta's seems to get pretty positive reviews, and since we'll be at the pool anyway, that might be a good option. We are paying OOP (and with the issue of eating too much before a big dinner!), I think we'd prefer to keep it light and less expensive.

Can't wait! Thanks again for the replies

Old 07-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #2620
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post
I have been reading your reviews and I see that you had spent a fair amount of time in DTD. How was the CSR to DTD bus service? I've heard it can be sketchy.
We found the bus was always good - although we always seemed to get to the stop in time to see a bus leave and had to wait 20mins!!!

Also, for anyone who's interested I added my review to the UK forum and added some pics - if you've looked at CSR pics already it wont be anything new but here the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post45423778
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
Old 07-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #2621
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

in the 50's

Finally at 59 days out! Can't wait for our first CSR stay. We're planning on trying some munchies in lieu of a late meal at Siestas, as long as they are open! I heard they usually close pretty early
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #2622
michsig
DIS Veteran

Only 12 more days until we're at CSR again
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2623
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Shameless ticker check

I think I'm getting down there...

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #2624
aggordon2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post
Thanks!
Maya Grill stopped doing breakfast for the last couple of years. Pepper Market is the way to go for breakfast.

DIS Dad's Club Member #576

Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #2625
tammylk
Earning My Ears

I am getting so excited we are staying here Aug 17-25 and it is our very first trip to Disney.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: